Official Rejection Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't get rejected letter from LECOM Bradenton Program, but i was put into Alternate List and didn't hear back from them last year( Fall2007) and i applied this year and haven't heard anything yet.....i'm so sad:(.why couldn't they have just put me in this year's class instead of having me waste my money on applications and stuff.....but i'm not going to give up until i get into Pharmacy School, so all of you who got rejection letters, don't give up!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I remember you from the UCSF student panel. You are the one that is taking P-chem right? How come you didn't apply to other schools? You should have always have a backup plan in case your dream school don't fall thru. It's not too late to apply to other schools. I have just checked for you on pharmcas and it seems that if you want to stay in CA, Touro have their deadline on Feb 1. There's still time to apply there since you have all your information set up on pharmcas. Why not give that school a try instead of going thru the application process all over again.

I was in your shoes once. Well, I have had my fair share of rejection letter and of course the first rejection letter hurts a lot. I didn't want to see anyone either for the longest time and would just cry. But then I realize that crying will get me nowhere and i have to be more proactive and figure out what went wrong and reapplied again and I finally got in this year. You just have to pull yourself together to get thru this difficult and stand on your feet and apply elsewhere. LECOM don't require Pcat so you can look at applying to the 2 LECOM branches. G'luck

LECOM does require PCAT.

LECOM requirements.

Got rejected from UCSF. it hurts big time :cry: , even though I realize now that my essays were far from perfect.
Also, I got placed on HOLD by Western after an interview and now I am very scared about upcoming interviews. This application process, interviews, and waiting are killing me. :scared::scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a pretty depressing post for a pretty depressing thread. I only applied to two schools this year and got rejected from both of them - UCSF and UCSD. UCSD I didn't really care for, but UCSF has been my dream school for years. The fact that I live a few blocks away and am on campus practically every day, studying at UCSF library and watching UCSF students walk by didn't help either. I am heart-broken, crushed and severely depressed. I haven't set a foot there in the past couple weeks. I feel as if I have been dumped by a boyfriend only amplified about a thousand times. :(I couldn't even get out of bed for the first three days after I got my rejection letter, it just hurt soooooooo much. I've dedicated 4 years of my life to community service volunteering hours a week and thought this would be noted since UCSF alwas has been known as the school that likes people commited to helping the community. I feel like I lost purpose in life and have nothing to live for. :cry::cry::cry:

now ur scaring me... I studied at USC, worked at the USC pharmacy school, watched the USC students walk by, and even got familiarized with the admissions officers. Granted I have been put in "active consideration," i hope I dont get rejected in the end. It's a long wait. Anyway... I think you should be a little more positive. It could be worse... some people dont get to go to college, and some people just cant chase their dreams for one reason or another. I am no example (since I also sort of put all my eggs in one or two baskets), but i wouldnt be too upset if i got rejected from both... there are more important things in life, you know.

UCSF is after all looking for very specific things from VERY unique students. dont be so disappointed... i think it shows more character if you are able to look at this situation and suck it up.

good luck!

Didn't mean to scare you - I'm not scary in person at all. :rolleyes:Oink2655 can testify - he knows my alias, yes I am the girl with pchem book at UCSF panel meeting.:) I guess what I was trying to say is that I had my heart set on going to UCSF for years that's why it hurt so bad when I got rejected. :(I thought I fit their definition of 'uniqueness", as I am foreign raised and born,have a diverse background, lots of weird extracurr stuff and ect. You are right though, it does build some character - it's taken me all my will power to get over this rejection letter.

Didn't mean to scare you - I'm not scary in person at all. :rolleyes:Oink2655 can testify - he knows my alias, yes I am the girl with pchem book at UCSF panel meeting.:) I guess what I was trying to say is that I had my heart set on going to UCSF for years that's why it hurt so bad when I got rejected. :(I thought I fit their definition of 'uniqueness", as I am foreign raised and born,have a diverse background, lots of weird extracurr stuff and ect. You are right though, it does build some character - it's taken me all my will power to get over this rejection letter.

Unfortunately, that's not going to cut it--nearly everyone who goes to UCSF is foreign born/raised, so you're honestly like everybody else. UCSF takes pride in rejecting 4.0s, and accepting people with 2.8s/2.9s who have demonstrated leadership ability and communication skills. They would rather accept someone who has a 2.9 with both of those and a passion to become a pharmacist, than a 4.0 who's done nothing but sit in a library and study.

You'll need to show demonstrated leadership ability, either at your work or at your volunteering. That's more important at UCSF than anything.

Unfortunately, that's not going to cut it--nearly everyone who goes to UCSF is foreign born/raised, so you're honestly like everybody else. UCSF takes pride in rejecting 4.0s, and accepting people with 2.8s/2.9s who have demonstrated leadership ability and communication skills. They would rather accept someone who has a 2.9 with both of those and a passion to become a pharmacist, than a 4.0 who's done nothing but sit in a library and study.

You'll need to show demonstrated leadership ability, either at your work or at your volunteering. That's more important at UCSF than anything.

First of please DO NOT further reply to my posts if you have nothing positive or cheering to say - I am already SEVERELY depressed and do not extra smart assish comments making me feel even worse.:mad: If you would have read carefully my previous posts you would have noticed that I specifically said i built my entire application on the fact that I've given a lot to the community - 4 years of voluntering to be precise, that's not exactly sitting in the library and studying.

Please, get off your high horse. Just because you got an interview at UCSF doesn't mean you are more special or better than people who didn't. I am so sick of people like you who abuse the UCSF name just because you can, saying how they only look for people who are leaders, "well-rounded" individuals, blah blah blah. Are you KIDDING me? ALL schools want that. SF isn't any different. ALL adcom want the cream of the crop. UCSF hopefuls/students must be delusional to think otherwise. I personally know pharmacy students at UCSF who are anything BUT leaders (unless you count being super lazy and ultra procrastinators to be leadership qualities). I also know of a nurse who graduated from UCSF but she never wrote a word on her personal statement--her husband who graduated from Stanford wrote it for her. And you know what, I bet that it's not just a problem at UCSF. The same goes for UCSF being the only place who wants leaders and well-rounded people. It just so happens that adcoms from all over the nation and the world look for different things. That does NOT mean UCSF only takes leaders with "communication skills." Guess what? Pharmacy is a field that requires good communication skills. Guess what? UCSF is not the only pharmacy school there is :idea:.

This is a rejection thread for goodness sake. Please show some sympathy at least.

whatever happen to compassion, dude?!

I wish you best of luck the new time around! Bracing for the best ;-)

I guess we can always try again during the next application cycle. :)

So I'm totally bummed for being rejected from the schools in California (the only ones I applied to since I didn't feel I had a strong app), but no surprised. I know I need a lot of work to do, but am graduating this quarter (my last undergrad final is the 14th of Dec). Now, I was wondering what the best course is to bring strengthen my application? So far this me:

-GPA 2.80 (from a 2.3 after figuring out that I wanted to be a Pharmacist at the start of my senior year).
-Pretty much worked all through college (not at a pharmacy)
-Assuming good letters of rec.
-Volunteered at Student Health (Campus) pharmacy for about 6 months.
-Some extracurricular activities to help round me out.
-No PCAT, haven't had time to take it.

I know I have to raise my GPA, but neither myself nor my family can pay for post-bacc courses and I'm trying to find a job in a pharmacy to better those areas. Is there any advice anyone can give me or point me in the right direction? Can I take classes at community college to bolster my GPA? Is there anything I can do to help me reach my goal?
Anyway, I hope people's answers to my questions will help others.

Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure about Cali schools but UT Austin accepts community college classes and they are soooooo much cheaper. I would definitely look into whether the schools you are applying to accept cc credits.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a pretty depressing post for a pretty depressing thread. I only applied to two schools this year and got rejected from both of them - UCSF and UCSD. UCSD I didn't really care for, but UCSF has been my dream school for years. The fact that I live a few blocks away and am on campus practically every day, studying at UCSF library and watching UCSF students walk by didn't help either. I am heart-broken, crushed and severely depressed. I haven't set a foot there in the past couple weeks. I feel as if I have been dumped by a boyfriend only amplified about a thousand times. :(I couldn't even get out of bed for the first three days after I got my rejection letter, it just hurt soooooooo much. I've dedicated 4 years of my life to community service volunteering hours a week and thought this would be noted since UCSF alwas has been known as the school that likes people commited to helping the community. I feel like I lost purpose in life and have nothing to live for. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm assuming that UCSF is a REALLY tough school to get into considering it is ranked #1 in the US. Don't feel so bad and don't give up. You sound like the exact person that schools look for with all the volunteering you've done! I can only imagine that your GPA just wasn't as competitive as everyone else that applied. Take more classes, raise your GPA and apply again next year. Me, I'm applying to the #2 school (UT Austin) and if I get a rejection I think I will cry, but I'm thinking about taking a pharm tech course and working as a pharm tech until next year applications if I don't get in. I don't have a backup... UT is the ONLY school I want to go to. I wish you all the best :luck:

If you look at UCSF's website, I think the approx number of foreign born US citizens is a little less than 25%, so no most of their students are NOT foreign born (what happened to a little bit of research, it says right their in the profile of the most recent class). There's no telling what certain schools are looking for that are emphasized more than others. The best thing you can do is keep up your morale, and get back on your feet. Before the next cycle comes up, all and ask what you can do to make your app better. I'm sure you were a competitive applicant; maybe your essays in the supplemental just didn't convey that very well? I know many foreign born citizens who had a disadvantage with writing if English isn't their native language (For those of you who only speaks English, it is one of the hardest languages to master)

I think it's very improper of others to put down people at a time like this when they know nothing about them or their personal situation. Even though this time around was quite disappointing, there's always next year. (I know people who applied 3 years in a row before getting into their dream school) Cheb, I am personally rooting for you and hope for the best for you!
:D

why is cheb getting all this attention about the rejection. It's a rejection thread...people are getting rejected left and right. Can people only post if they have been rejected and can we get off this.

cheb only applied to ONE school....I have been rejected from so many schools and I am a reapplicant so it is very difficult. And yes, my number one choice rejected me TWICE. So, things happen. It is not common for people to get into their number 1 choice..or number 2...or sometimes even any. So apply next year to more than one school and enough of this. This thread should change its name if it is going to continue like this.

I know someone who got rejected to all 4 pharmacy schools:

medicalstudentd

Rejected at: Maryland, Auburn, NOVA, and Midwestern

why is cheb getting all this attention about the rejection. It's a rejection thread...people are getting rejected left and right. Can people only post if they have been rejected and can we get off this.

cheb only applied to ONE school....I have been rejected from so many schools and I am a reapplicant so it is very difficult. And yes, my number one choice rejected me TWICE. So, things happen. It is not common for people to get into their number 1 choice..or number 2...or sometimes even any. So apply next year to more than one school and enough of this. This thread should change its name if it is going to continue like this.

hey JoJo, so sorry to hear about your rejections. what are you going to do? reapply next year?

Anyone else get one of those weird letters from Campbell?
It didn't say that you were rejected it just sort of gave you a long list of things to do to make your application more competitive, like
Get a Masters
Retake the PCAT if any of your scores were below 80
etc.

Rejected from UCSF. Application on hold with U of Pacific; pretty much means "I''ll look at you're application later since it's not all that great"

It's already February...no interview invites yet except for UH of Hilo

I'm still praying I get more interviews !!! *sigh* Depressing!

Keep hoping everyone!

First of please DO NOT further reply to my posts if you have nothing positive or cheering to say - I am already SEVERELY depressed and do not extra smart assish comments making me feel even worse.:mad: If you would have read carefully my previous posts you would have noticed that I specifically said i built my entire application on the fact that I've given a lot to the community - 4 years of voluntering to be precise, that's not exactly sitting in the library and studying.

Dear Cheburashka,

People will always make their opinions and not acknowledged the feelings of others ...(I too feel that it's an everyday struggle) :boom:

BUT...Just keep your head up girl, let your perseverance shine through...keep making a difference in the community and you WILL make it! :love:

I got rejected from Butler University.

Mercer told me to retake the PCAT, which I'm not going to do. haha

im not trying to spam but i just wanna say that this thread is sooo depressing :(

Yeah I got a rejected from ETSU and Utah. I loved both those states and schools...oh well its cool. Next year!!

Shenandoah rejected my after taking my check....lol...first they were being really nice :(

Rejected from UCSD.

2.8 GPA
92% PCAT
Graduated from MIT 5 years ago
Have worked in Biotech and Bio research for those 5 years (2 of which have been at UCSD).
Volunteer at UCSD Medical Center inpatient pharmacy
Currently taking additional classes to up my GPA at UCSD (Pharmacology, Immunology, etc.)

If I don't get into UH-Hilo, I'll try again next year. :rolleyes:

i have been rejected from University of Tenn. and LECOM (Erie) and I am on hold for like 3 school =( waiting is the hardest part, esp if you are put on HOLD. grrr.. haha oh well.. just have to wait that's all. :)

UCSF rejected me, but it's their loss. Well, maybe not :D I don't have that passion for pharmacy that they're looking for, so I commend the admissions committee for being able to extract that from my application (or maybe I got rejected because my essays sucked, who knows). It didn't really get me down.

On the bright side, I got three interviews: UOP, USC, and UCSD. I only have UCSD to go, then it's freedom (if I get accepted into one)! I think I did very well on the USC interview, and 7/10 on the UOP interview (failed on the student, excellent with the professor). I'll be much more disappointed if USC didn't accept me.

anyone wanna see what a rejection letter looks like? name the school and i'll send it to ya...i warn you, HIPAA applied

Texas Tech.

haha. I haven't even received a rejection letter from them yet. I email them asking if they received my transcript and they told me I got rejected. I should've save that $10 of transcript.

i have been rejected from University of Tenn. and LECOM (Erie) and I am on hold for like 3 school =( waiting is the hardest part, esp if you are put on HOLD. grrr.. haha oh well.. just have to wait that's all. :)

hey RxStudent did you get rejected before or after an interview for LECOM(erie)?

Rejected By Albany, nice letter, well crafted, but a rejection all the same!! $100.00 down the drain!!

Got rejected from LECOM-Erie

I got rejected like the minute after they received my money and supplemental app!! what a WASTE!:(

I got rejected from Purdue...my #1, too :(

Stats:

Chemistry senior, graduating in May 2008
3.94 overall GPA
3.96 science GPA
90 composite PCAT

Oh well!

I got rejected from Purdue...my #1, too :(

Stats:

Chemistry senior, graduating in May 2008
3.94 overall GPA
3.96 science GPA
90 composite PCAT

Oh well!

How do you get rejected with those stats!!??:eek:

by the way a little off topic, I was wondering for those who applied to pharmacy schools for at least 2 or 3 times, after each year that you got rejected, what did you do to strengthen your application? Is it more pharmacy experience? Please specify thanks.

Rejected from Idaho State University!!! Booooo!!:thumbdown:

did everyone first applied during their senior year of college?

Rejected from Idaho State University!!! Booooo!!:thumbdown:
Hey, we're on the same boat. I just got mine exactly on Valentine's Day. I didn't have the heart to do anything else . What a bummer. :(

did everyone first applied during their senior year of college?

Yeah, this was my last semester of college as a senior.After long 5.5 years I was really hoping I would never have to set a foot on the soil of my school again - they screwed me over a couple of times in a major way. Since I didn't get in this year - I guess next year I'll be back as a postbac - to take more pre-reqs. :cool:

Hey, we're on the same boat. I just got mine exactly on Valentine's Day. I didn't have the heart to do anything else . What a bummer. :(

dont give up, just take easy class or whatever it takes to boost ur GPA and prep for the pcat and apply next year and also apply to another field like physical therapy or pa whatever u like. just in case u dont get into pharmacy again. btw this is my second time and i did get into a school, maybe not my favorite but still same at the end of 4 years but my fav. is still pending.

I received a rejection email from U of Minnesota. I didn't send nor planned to send in my supplemental appl, yet they still rejected me.

Reality just hit me hard. I've come to realize that Adcom don't care about how much you want it or not. All that matters is your stats. I don't even want to check my mail anymore. It's too depressing that I might even do something regretful.

I received a rejection email from U of Minnesota. I didn't send nor planned to send in my supplemental appl, yet they still rejected me.

Reality just hit me hard. I've come to realize that Adcom don't care about how much you want it or not. All that matters is your stats. I don't even want to check my mail anymore. It's too depressing that I might even do something regretful.

They do care how much you want it but between an interview and an essay it seems like everyone wants it really bad so they have to compare applicants by stats, stats can be an indicator of how bad you want it, theoritically the badder you want it the harder you will work in class and the better scores you get, not always thoug. But they also can see how bad you want it by looking at the time you spent volunteering and being active is in your communities' wellness.
Do not give up just focus on what you can fix.

Wow, now I'm starting to get scared!! Most of you guys have some pretty good stats! I have an interview at UB in a week but now I'm getting worried...I have a 3.25 and a 90 PCAT but I don't have ANY actual pharmacy work experience or community servive, just a couple dozen hours of shadowing. I sure hope UB doesn't consider experience and community service as strongly as other schools! :eek: