Official Rejection Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx27563

Hopefully 08'
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, considering my stats. I guess I shouldn't be a bit surprised about getting rejected. Feel free to post yours as well so I won't feel so alone!

Shenandoah University - rx27563

Members don't see this ad.

Well, considering my stats. I guess I shouldn't be a bit surprised about getting rejected. Feel free to post yours as well so I won't feel so alone!

Such a quick answer already?? Did you get an interview?

Sorry...don't give up!

yeah i was promised they would review my application as soon as my fall grades arrived but they didnt...i heard last year they are quick to reject and take your $30 even faster. it really doesnt matter though i wasnt in love with the college and i applied to several more so hope is not lost.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shenadoh rejected me simply via email because my pcat score is too low, I didn't even bother apply.

I got rejected by Touro (they didn't invite me to fill out the supplemental app). Hope that makes you feel better.. :p

Can you share your stats? Thanks!

overall GPA - 2.71

110 credit hours

Biochemistry major

PCAT -72

6 years work experience (2 years CPhT) as a pharmacy tech.

2 LOR's from pharmacy managers and 1 LOR from a Genetics professor.

overall GPA - 2.89 (pharmcas revised finally!)

science GPA - 2.9

110 credit hours

Biochemistry major

PCAT -72

6 years work experience (2 years CPhT) as a pharmacy tech.

2 LOR's from pharmacy managers and 1 LOR from a Genetics professor.

what are you kidding me...your stats look not bad to me...especially with you work experience...

what are you kidding me...your stats look not bad to me...especially with you work experience...

maybe that university had a minimum pre-pharm GPA of 3.0? that would be my best bet, but its kinda lame that they didnt wait for fall grades if they promised.

yeah.. im not sure i just hope my GPA doesnt knock me out of contention at every school. my current school (campbell) is probably still my best bet. i wish you all the best of luck - it sucks big time to see that official "NO" for the first time.

Shenadoh rejected me simply via email because my pcat score is too low, I didn't even bother apply.

i thought people said that a 70s in the PCAT is good or pretty good

well a 70 on pcat is not very good for sure when most schools have the average pcat of accepted students over 80

Members don't see this ad :)
to be honest sometimes i take stats here with a grain of salt...do you honestly think everyone has a 3.9999999 w/ a 99 PCAT? doubt it. this is just a small sample of a very large applicant pool and naturally people who seek out new information about their prospective profession are likely to be "real go-getters"... except for me who obviously sucks at life. :-( i really hate being rejected. i knew that i would be by most of the schools i applied to, and i thought i prepared myself better for it, but it really hits you hard when you read it for yourself. i do not wish this feeling on anyone and i really really really hope that i can get into SOMEWHERE - i just want a clean slate so i can show everyone that i deserve a Pharm.D. and that i will be top dog in my district someday. i want this so bad i can taste it.

it says on the aacp website that the average score for a student w/ at least one acceptance is in the 70s. the average score for all applicants is in the 50s.

Rejected from Touro, but have an interview at UOP. I'm still thinking about applying to Idaho State, Pacific (OR), and Cal Northern. I think I'm going to wait for my Fall grades and then send out the rest of my applications.

i think i am going to retake the PCAT in january and see what happens...i know this wont be reviewed but if i dont get in this time around ill finish my biochemistry degree next december and apply again

Hey rx, I know exactly how you are feeling. I also have a low gpa, and am very worried. I have yet to send in my apps yet (due to needing more ref.... :( ), but I am already prepped for the rejection letters. I keep letting myself not think of them, because I am aware that they will be coming, and I just keep making myself focus on other things.

I also really wish that I could start with a clean slate too. I didn't know what I wanted to do when I got into college, I didn't know anything about college at all!!

I'll be hopin you get in somewhere! That's the hope I give myself! :)

o no Rx :confused: ur stats are similar to mine... i also have a low GPA but good extracurricular... so far haven't heard back from ANYBODY yet so... -_-

u should apply to a school that weighs EC more...and also a school that minimum cutoff lower than 3.0! or they'll throw ur stuff out automatically.

I just got rejected from Midwestern. A little bump out.

Overall GPA- 3.2

Science GPA-3.2

PCAT-94 in science but 76 in composite ;-(

Biology major and chemistry minor.

Graduating this Dec

No pharmacy exp-

I didn't do too well the first two years of school but toward my last 2 years i pretty much have all A's

gosh...i hope u guys get in if pharmacy is really what u want to do......just take more classes (easy ones) for those w/ low GPA. the adcom wont care. all they really look at are ur prepharm-preq. for others, do some leadships or volunteer and get good recommendations. those are very important in deciding who to hand out invitations to.

believe me...if i made it u can too...

english isnt' my 1st language, i had a 2.4 gpa overall my junior year and raised it up to 3.4 when i applied.

and apply early!!!

good luck guys.

Overall GPA- 3.2

Science GPA-3.2

Graduating this Dec

No pharmacy exp-

I didn't do too well the first two years of school but toward my last 2 years i pretty much have all A's

i shouldn't even bother applying then
pharmcas: 3.08
science: 3.47
pcat: 76
experience: 5 months at a pharmacy

all A's last year (buncha B's throughout my college career though)

anyone wanna see what a rejection letter looks like? name the school and i'll send it to ya...i warn you, HIPAA applied

Overall GPA- 3.2

Science GPA-3.2

Graduating this Dec

No pharmacy exp-

Is this after you sent in the supp application? you're stats seem fine... that strange. making me worried too!

to be honest sometimes i take stats here with a grain of salt...do you honestly think everyone has a 3.9999999 w/ a 99 PCAT? doubt it. this is just a small sample of a very large applicant pool and naturally people who seek out new information about their prospective profession are likely to be "real go-getters"... except for me who obviously sucks at life. :-( i really hate being rejected. i knew that i would be by most of the schools i applied to, and i thought i prepared myself better for it, but it really hits you hard when you read it for yourself. i do not wish this feeling on anyone and i really really really hope that i can get into SOMEWHERE - i just want a clean slate so i can show everyone that i deserve a Pharm.D. and that i will be top dog in my district someday. i want this so bad i can taste it.

awwww....I hope you get in buddy.:luck::)

Overall GPA- 3.2

Science GPA-3.2

Graduating this Dec

No pharmacy exp-

:O:O:O is this from MWU CCP or CPG? did u have an interview yet?

awwww....I hope you get in buddy.:luck::)

why thank you ;-) so are you applying to pharmacy school this year? arent you doing pre-med also? overachiever ;-)

:O:O:O is this from MWU CCP or CPG? did u have an interview yet?
Yeah i had the same interview date as Koni at Midwestern CPG- I guess i didn't prepare well enough. I was the only person at that interview w/o any pharm exp. and i recently found out that they are suppose to send a dvd before the interview but i didn't get it til now.At least i have another chance at MWU CCP on Oct 15.

why thank you ;-) so are you applying to pharmacy school this year? arent you doing pre-med also? overachiever ;-)

Hehe...I know. I'm doing it all..........I'm bound to get something right??:D

(disclaimer: don't apply to different programs at the same school...they don't have to know your little secret....)

Yeah i had the same interview date as Koni at Midwestern CPG- I guess i didn't prepare well enough. I was the only person at that interview w/o any pharm exp. and i recently found out that they are suppose to send a dvd before the interview but i didn't get it til now.At least i have another chance at MWU CCP on Oct 15.

So you were rejected after interviewing? not wait-listed or anything?
Was it an actual interview? I heard the one at CCP is more of an information session w/o a formal interview.
I'll see you at CCP on the 15th!

I got rejected by Touro (they didn't invite me to fill out the supplemental app). Hope that makes you feel better.. :p

how are you so sure that Touro has completely rejected you? did they send you a rejection letter? if no, are you sure they're not just waiting for a little while longer to send u the supp app?

Well to those of you who have less than stellar GPA's like myself, I have one thing to say: don't ever give up. I received my first interview invitation today from UACP and I know that it doesnt automatically mean that I'm in, but it does give me hope and proves that this road can be taken by many different routes.

Well to those of you who have less than stellar GPA's like myself, I have one thing to say: don't ever give up. I received my first interview invitation today from UACP and I know that it doesnt automatically mean that I'm in, but it does give me hope and proves that this road can be taken by many different routes.

Congratulations! You WILL get in! Just reading this post made me feel a lot better, as I am in sort of the same situation.

thanks! i really hope i will get in but u never know..im preparing for the worst and hoping for the best lol i already switched my major to a double major Biochem/Chem. so if worst comes to worst ill be here at campbell next year and ill get my two B.S. degrees and come cocked and ready next year! :D

how are you so sure that Touro has completely rejected you? did they send you a rejection letter? if no, are you sure they're not just waiting for a little while longer to send u the supp app?

They didn't send me a rejection letter. I just can't complete the secondary, which pretty much amounts to the same thing. After I received the letter saying that I am not invited to fill out the secondary app, I emailed the school to find out why. They told me my science gpa was low. So... I'm pretty sure that I've been rejected. Hope that answered your question. :p

They didn't send me a rejection letter. I just can't complete the secondary, which pretty much amounts to the same thing. After I received the letter saying that I am not invited to fill out the secondary app, I emailed the school to find out why. They told me my science gpa was low. So... I'm pretty sure that I've been rejected. Hope that answered your question. :p

i'm starting to believe every school has different criterias, which is why so many people do atleast get accepted for interview to one school as long as they apply to atleast 6 or so schools. That is unless they barely or don't even meet the minimum requirement. Thing is they reject half of those who interview, so if your caught on the bad side of that you have to reapply next year.

Congrats on your interview! Good luck. I know for me it's been a hard road, because it's so excruciatingly painful to raise my GPA. After this semester I'll have 201 semester hours at approximately at a 2.8 overall GPA with a science GPA at 2.48. I still have some hope left thanks to you. :)

Ive been rejected from LECOM Erie School of pharmacy... a "sorry but" letter

Ive been rejected from LECOM Erie School of pharmacy... a "sorry but" letter

did you already interview with them or was this before an interview? can you please post stats, thanks!!:)

the rejection from Lecom Erie was BEFORE interview... havnt heard back yet from Lecom Fl
my stats:

3.5GPA
major biology/minor psychology
pharmacy tech over a year
hospital pharmacy volunteer
pcat comp. 59... :( retaking oct. 20th

the rejection from Lecom Erie was BEFORE interview... havnt heard back yet from Lecom Fl
my stats:

3.5GPA

Wow, if those are your stats, I have no chance. : (

i wonder if the letter said sorry but too many applicants at this time..which i doubt because it is so soon. what was the "reason?" sorry to hear this wannabdr...i am sure you will have a better chance elsewhere. good luck!!

your stats make me nervous ...now i don't want to check my mailbox :rolleyes:

Hey rx27563, did u get rejected before or after the interview?? Does anyone know when Shenandoah emails their final responses after interview?? Thanks guys, i'm new to this forum ;)

didnt have an interview

well good luck at UACP, I'll be there, I hope I like this school, do u know what avg stats and all that stuff it accepts and if since it's an early interview we'll be more likely to get accepted??

I got rejected from LECOM, they picked the perfect time to get the $50 supp fee and send me a rejection a week later :(

Stats! Stats! Stats! I wonder when I'll ever step out of this depressing zone. Waiting period is a total bummer. :scared:

my stats:

3.5GPA
I'm certain you would've gotten an interview if your PCAT was 20+ points higher. I wish you luck next time around.