***Official NYU C/O 2012 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
or just waiting for the school to send out more info. It will pick up again the closer we get to orientation......i hope :D

Members don't see this ad.

When will they send us all the graduate housing info?... do we have to request it? HOW!!!

I got the acceptance letter today...:)
I got the interview on 04/10/08.
I have one question. Can I get a chance for summer research of NYUCD?
I heard that the due date of it was Mar. 28th. 2008
Is it too late to apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it too late to apply?

Congrats...Thoma!

Yea..I got accepted late too and I called them about the same thing. They said they have already picked ppl for research however there is a waiting list. She told me to email Stephanie at [email protected] and explain the situation.

Is it too late to apply?

hey thoma, i know someone who interviewed on that day too. how was your interview?

Is it too late to apply?

Hey I interviewed that day! Who were you? I'm waiting for my acceptance letter still... dammit.

Congrats...Thoma!

Yea..I got accepted late too and I called them about the same thing. They said they have already picked ppl for research however there is a waiting list. She told me to email Stephanie at [email protected] and explain the situation.
Thank you for your information. See you in class...

hey thoma, i know someone who interviewed on that day too. how was your interview?
For my interview, I had only one question about my green card. Then, I asked a couple of questions. That's it. It was total 3 min. Esay...

For my interview, I had only one question about my green card. Then, I asked a couple of questions. That's it. It was total 3 min. Esay...

oh wow. congrats man. see ya.

For everybody doing the research program, are you guys taking school housing or looking for an apartment?

For everybody doing the research program, are you guys taking school housing or looking for an apartment?

School housing. Also, do you know when we get the money? A deposit of 750 is due ASAP for the school housing.

congrats qwerty, welcome. :thumbup:

so two more members to add :D

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
phamdh23 (Dennis Huy Pham)
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984
tejloo
keving
porkchop2
714guy (jason cao)
tingteenfone (william ting)
wtf3388
Vapor1122 (Jared Miller)
chuchudentist
Mrsoccerpro (Jordan Martin)
dkroner
andrew0k
Sephisabin
Motormouth (Andrew)
bob81575 (Bob)
curls1104
Lonely Sol
Qwerty86
Thoma76

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7450252081

Members don't see this ad :)
hey congrats qwerty when did you interview and get "the letter" (or phone call)? Still waiting on mine, and I was one of the last people to interview... lol.

^^^ Thank you. Interview early March. Got call couple days back. Good luck:luck:.

Yo Jd..Congrats!!

Let me know if u want to look for apt.

anyone know how nyu's flex meal plans work? i calculated it to be 12 bucks/meal so is it like a buffet for each meal or we just use this 'money' to buy food from the cafe like a debit card? wouldn't it depend on what food we get??

Thanks Vasim, Ill hit you up in a bit, so we can go over that and also financial aid.

Just got an acceptance letter in a UPS envelope!!! I am so excited!!!
Cant wait to meet you all!!!

Just got an acceptance letter in a UPS envelope!!! I am so excited!!!
Cant wait to meet you all!!!

congrats
did you get a call or email before that?

congrats
did you get a call or email before that?

Hey,
Thanks!
Nope, I didnt get any calls before that.
I got it through the UPS service today.
the letter was written on April 24th.

Hey,
Thanks!
Nope, I didnt get any calls before that.
I got it through the UPS service today.
the letter was written on April 24th.

sorry i got one more question
were you on the waiting list?
i just called NYU (been on waiting list since feb), they told me they haven't even started looking at the waitlist yet. They also told me its gonna be another month before they start looking at the waitlist. :(

sorry i got one more question
were you on the waiting list?
i just called NYU (been on waiting list since feb), they told me they haven't even started looking at the waitlist yet. They also told me its gonna be another month before they start looking at the waitlist. :(

No problem!
No, I wasnt on the waitlist. I interviewed on March 17th. I didnt hear anything from them till now. I called the Office of Admissions every Monday to check my status. They told me everytime that no decision was made yet.
If i were you, I would call them every week ( to show interest) or try emailing dr Garcia letting her know that you are very interested in attending NYU.
I am sure you will get a letter soon! good luck!!!

muelita, congrats on the acceptance and welcome to "the list"

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984
tejloo
keving
porkchop2
714guy (jason cao)
wtf3388
Vapor1122 (Jared Miller)
chuchudentist
dkroner
andrew0k
Sephisabin
Motormouth (Andrew)
bob81575 (Bob)
curls1104
Lonely Sol
Qwerty86
Thoma76
muelita82

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7450252081

Hey everyone, I havent been on SDN for awhile and I cant believe we've made it to page 13!!!! CONGRATS to everyone who has recently been accepted:thumbup: Enjoy your time now and I will definately see all of you in the fall. BTW, who is doing the summer research program?

meeeee, im gonna move there end of may.

DO we have to collect teeth?

just a friendly reminder that the health and immunization forms are due June 1st i believe. Got mine done last week and had to get tetanus and TB lol. my arm is still sore.:scared:

hi, I got accepted recently, I recieved the acceptance letter, now whats the next step? do I wait for them to send me immunization papers? what are some of the things I need to do?

thanks

hi, I got accepted recently, I recieved the acceptance letter, now whats the next step? do I wait for them to send me immunization papers? what are some of the things I need to do?

thanks

congrats on the acceptance. The first thing to do, if you have not done so, would be to send in the deposit to save ur seat. Everything else, including immunization paper should come in a packet for you soon. I guess you can also start looking for a place to live/ try to find fellow NYUCD students to live with.

oh and if you are sure about attending toothpaste, just copy the big list a few posts up and add ur name.

congrats on the acceptance. The first thing to do, if you have not done so, would be to send in the deposit to save ur seat. Everything else, including immunization paper should come in a packet for you soon. I guess you can also start looking for a place to live/ try to find fellow NYUCD students to live with.

oh and if you are sure about attending toothpaste, just copy the big list a few posts up and add ur name.

Thank you

musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984
tejloo
keving
porkchop2
714guy (jason cao)
wtf3388
Vapor1122 (Jared Miller)
chuchudentist
dkroner
andrew0k
Sephisabin
Motormouth (Andrew)
bob81575 (Bob)
curls1104
Lonely Sol
Qwerty86
Thoma76
muelita82
Toothpaste12

musl, you are like the supreme guardian of this thread, keeping everything in order. haha good job man. congrats toothpaste.

musl, you are like the supreme guardian of this thread, keeping everything in order. haha good job man. congrats toothpaste.

haha, too kind don, i was just shocked it dropped to pg 4. Guess im really excited about starting and meeting everyone :D

For those of you who received their financial aid award letter, was anyone offered the health professions student loan?

I added my name as well...I interviewed on the 11th and received a letter a week later. I am assuming it is too late for summer research and whatever that entails? Look forward to seeing everyone :)
musl85
MJM565
udonzilla
cymbidium
moralbrain
goonda
Ewok1984
Hyphae
predental1984
tejloo
keving
porkchop2
714guy (jason cao)
wtf3388
Vapor1122 (Jared Miller)
chuchudentist
dkroner
andrew0k
Sephisabin
Motormouth (Andrew)
bob81575 (Bob)
curls1104
Lonely Sol
Qwerty86
Thoma76
muelita82
Toothpaste12
Star7126

awesome star, congrats and welcome aboard. what part of LI you from?

I'm from merrick

I have a question- somewhere I read that people collect teeth. Do we have to do that? I have not received a welcome packet regarding class dates and so forth- just my bill and housing. Someone please help:confused:

you're not alone star. i'm sort of in the blue too with just housing and fafsa info. i think everything's gonna be thrown at us during orientation. i have a feeling it's going to be hectic. but NY booze should solve the problem. hahaha

Congrats incoming class!

If you have any questions about NYU or about paying for it via the military, let me know.

:)

Congrats incoming class!

If you have any questions about NYU or about paying for it via the military, let me know.

:)

For students that aren't doing the military scholarship, do we have to sign up for loans and everything prior or is everything going to be explained to us during orientation. There's so many lenders and I don't know which one to choose at the moment. thanks coreyb.

Financial Aid should send you a package with the amount of "award" you have (assuming you've filled out FAFSA). They also list 2 lenders they recommend. I use Citibank (I don't remember the other one they recommend).

Basically, once the university has given it's dollar amount, you go to the lender's website and apply for that amount.

Pretty straight forward process, assuming you have "ok" credit.

You can call financial aid office at 212-998-9830 or email them at [email protected] . There's a couple of hard working ladies up there, but Tanya is the one that I've dealt with normally.

I just rescinding my acceptance... do I get any of my deposit back?

HI everybody ,I recently got acceptance at my state school so I am not joining NYU ADVANCED PLACEMENT PROGRAM (foreign dentist program),so the studio that I was about to rent is now available ,is located in jersey city downtown,ONE BLOCK from grove st train station,PATH ,12 min to manhattan.the studio got a big room ,a kitchen ,a bathroom .its a very nice offer 950 dollars per month ,hot water and heat included,you re going to save a lot of money ,everything is close.besides it has privacy ,and commuting is very easy.for a student or a couple is excellent,if you are interested you can pm me and I will give you the phone number of the property manager .good luck to everybody at nyu its a top of the line school.

I am a spaz and don't know how to use facebook. I tried to post a thread, but it didn't work. I know that I have asked before, but August is right around the corner. Does anyone need a roommate? I am 25 year old female from LI, NY. I don't have any pets, I am pretty neat (I can clean and cook) and am looking for any females that would like to live in an apartment as close to the school as possible. Please let me know if you're looking. I actually interviewed in April 11th- if anyone else who interviewed that day is also looking for a roommate. :) Thanks.