Official NBDE Part 2 Study Q & A Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post all study questions/answers for the NBDE Part 2 in this thread. Good luck!

As a side note, this is not the place for sales ads. Discussion of remembered questions appearing on the exam is also not permitte

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which of the following Antibiotics has been implicated in the vast majority of cases of oral contraceptive failure during antibiotic use?

A. Penicillin
B. Rifampin
C. Keflex
D. Erythromycin
E. Tetracycline

Erythromycin? (from a book)
Rifampin? (from old test)

I'm confused..!!

Neither . Answer should be penicillin - due to suppression of normal GI flora involved in recycling of active steroids from bile conjugates,leading to more rapid excretion of steroids from body.

Somebody knows the difference between External & Internal Hex Implants?
One of my friends told me that was one of the questions on her last month exam...

Members don't see this ad :)
Your patient exhibits the partially edentulous arch from tooth #21 through 29 remaining. Tooth #29 is tilted mesially. The undercut is on the mesiofacial surface. What would be the best clasp assembly for this situation?

1) Distal rest and cast circumferential clasp.
2) Distal rest and WW circumferential clasp.
3) Mesial rest and I-bar.
4) Distal rest and I-bar.

I would go for Mesial rest and I Bar.
(I bar is when the undercut is on mesiofacial)
(T bar is when the undercut is distofacial)
(I bar can be used on Lingual in Mandibular Molars too)

Correct me if I'm wrong please..!!

Neither . Answer should be penicillin - due to suppression of normal GI flora involved in recycling of active steroids from bile conjugates,leading to more rapid excretion of steroids from body.

THANKS AGAIN (BTW my exam is on 1st and 2nd) :0)

1 Decrease in which of the following causes increase in radigraphic density?
a. mA
b. Kvp
c. object film distance
d. source film distance************
e. exposure time

2 an unconscious patient suspected of having obstracted airway. Management for patient
a. protrude the tongue, clear the pharynx,extend the neck & protrude the mandible.
b. ext. the neck, clear the pharx,prodrude the tong & m/d
c. ext. the neck, protrude the m/d & tongue, clear the pharynx
d. clear the pharynx, extend the neck, protrude the m/d & tongue*************

3. Charecter & individuality of teethare determined by
a. transleucency
b. surface texture
c. color
d. shape********************

4 Which explain why the properly desined rest on the lingual surface of canine is prefered over incisal surface
a. enamel is thicker on lingual surface
b. less leverage is exerted againest the tooth by the lingual rest********************

5 compression of acrylic into denture flask, placing the flask into processing tank at curing temprature is delayed to
a. assure complete flow of acrylic into mold
b. allow monomer to penetrate all polymer***********************
c. establise an equalized & uniform pressure on the mold
d. allow the flask &acrylic to reach at stable tem.

2 an unconscious patient suspected of having obstracted airway. Management for patient
a. protrude the tongue, clear the pharynx,extend the neck & protrude the mandible.
b. ext. the neck, clear the pharx,prodrude the tong & m/d
c. ext. the neck, protrude the m/d & tongue, clear the pharynx
d. clear the pharynx, extend the neck, protrude the m/d & tongue

Shouldn't that be option c? I mean , the first step of CPR would be head-chin-tilt = extend the neck . And the next steps seems logical - to visualize pharynx, you would need to open the patients' mouth and quite possibly move the tongue out of the way. Please do correct me if i'm wrong - I would appreciate it .

(original question posted by myvr, answer dr.ndc)

I agree - this question makes no mention of a spinal injury - so I will go with c.

Hi all

please can you help with the answer of these Qs ..

1. the role of microbial plaque is most obscure in which of the following:
a. desequamative gingivitis.
b. Necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis.
c. Juvunile period.

2. If patient is able to prevent plaque accumulation on his teeth, prophy treatment recommended every?
a. never
b. 3 months.
c. 6 months.
d. every year.

3. in what age necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis most commonly occur? does it occur in Children? before or after puberty?

4. correction of prematurity in periodontally involved tooth results in a clinically observable reduction in:
a. mobility.
b. ginig inflammation.
c. perio pocket depth.

someone explain the meaning of prematurity?

5. Tobacco smoking is thought to be predisposing factor in:
a. juvunile period.
b. gingivitis- periodontitis.
c. necrotizing ulcerative ginig.

please someone explain the reason with the answer?

6. what are the disadv. of temp intracoronal splinting? does it interfere with mastication? can somebody refrere me to a place where can I find an explanation to intra and extracoronal splinting?

7. a patient who has had a radiation tr of head and neck, require RCT, what side effects may complicate the treatment?

a. mental depression.
b. decrease clotting time.
c. muscle fibrosis and limitation in mouth opening.
d. increase chance of infection of oral tissue.

1. a,b,c
2. b,c, d.
3. b, c only.
4. b, d only.
5. a,c, d.

8. adverse pupal reaction is more likely to occur when which of the following materials is placed directly into a deep cavity?
a. amalgum.
b. composite resin.
c. calcium hydroxide.
d. ZOE.

9. which cell would be the most prominent in initial gingivitis an in established gingivitis?

THANK YOU and GOOD LUCK ALL

c. Juvunile period.

desquamative gingivitis - because the term is based on clinical picture only and true diagnosis requires further investigation

2. If patient is able to prevent plaque accumulation on his teeth, prophy treatment recommended every?
a. never
b. 3 months.
c. 6 months.
d. every year.

Routine examination is recommended every year, and I've heard hygenists recommend prophy every 6 months . but literature says - no definite conclusions. Viewing from a financial standpoint only - 6 months:laugh: , otherwise 1 year?

3. in what age necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis most commonly occur? does it occur in Children? before or after puberty?

16-30 years

4. correction of prematurity in periodontally involved tooth results in a clinically observable reduction in:
a. mobility.
b. ginig inflammation.
c. perio pocket depth.

Where did you get this from?

a. juvunile period.

option b and c most definitely has tobacco as a predisposing factor .( doesn't cause it, but definitely sets the stage) . Is the question NOT thought to be a predisposing factor? In which case this question makes sense.

6. what are the disadv. of temp intracoronal splinting? does it interfere with mastication? can somebody refrere me to a place where can I find an explanation to intra and extracoronal splinting?
I would imagine the disadvantage would be loss of tooth structure and a possible need for restoration/enameloplasty once the the purpose of splint is no longer equired.

7. a patient who has had a radiation tr of head and neck, require RCT, what side effects may complicate the treatment?

a. mental depression.

1. a,b,c
2. b,c, d.
3. b, c only.
4. b, d only.
5. a,c, d.

option 5 - a,c,d. Picked d because of osteoradionecrosis, c - because of radiation induced musculoskeletal issues , a - because I can't think of a reason to pick decreased clotting time over depression.

8. adverse pupal reaction is more likely to occur when which of the following materials is placed directly into a deep cavity?
a. amalgum.
b. composite resin.
c. calcium hydroxide.
d. ZOE.

amalgam - conductivity issues .

9. which cell would be the most prominent in initial gingivitis an in established gingivitis?

gingivitis = inflammation of gingiva . So acute - mostly neutrophils , chronic - macrophages and lymphocytes

Please correct me (quickly,please ; test - very soon ) if I am wrong

THANKS for the answers .. when is your exam??

c. Juvunile period.

desquamative gingivitis - because the term is based on clinical picture only and true diagnosis requires further investigation

what about Juvunile period??? because it can occur even if there is no plaque at all as in genetic and Necrophile disorders

a. never
b. 3 months.
c. 6 months.
d. every year.

Routine examination is recommended every year, and I've heard hygenists recommend prophy every 6 months . but literature says - no definite conclusions. Viewing from a financial standpoint only - 6 months:laugh: , otherwise 1 year?

I agree with you because we all know about the 6 months recall !! but the answer is NEVER !!

16-30 years
it means that children will not have it ?? and it is only after puberty?

a. mobility.
b. ginig inflammation.
c. perio pocket depth.

Where did you get this from?
it is from old exams !! ASDA papers and the answer is a. mobility

a. juvunile period.

option b and c most definitely has tobacco as a predisposing factor .( doesn't cause it, but definitely sets the stage) . Is the question NOT thought to be a predisposing factor? In which case this question makes sense.

well I was thinking the same, I read in mosby that smoking is one of the predisposing factors for gin and perio ... but the answer is c.NUG !! dont know why ?

I would imagine the disadvantage would be loss of tooth structure and a possible need for restoration/enameloplasty once the the purpose of splint is no longer equired. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: add oral hygiene too.

a. mental depression.

1. a,b,c
2. b,c, d.
3. b, c only.
4. b, d only.
5. a,c, d.

option 5 - a,c,d. Picked d because of osteoradionecrosis, c - because of radiation induced musculoskeletal issues , a - because I can't think of a reason to pick decreased clotting time over depression.

ur answer is correct but there was another choice !! which is d and c only "I chose it and it is wrong " .. I was confused because of mental depression !!

a. amalgum.
b. composite resin.
c. calcium hydroxide.
d. ZOE.

amalgam - conductivity issues .

the answer is b.composite resin!! and I don't know why? I thought Ca(HO)2, because it causes an adverse reaction and secondary dentine formation !!

I know too that amalgum need a base of at least 2mm !! and with the composite we dont need to use a base !! confused !!

gingivitis = inflammation of gingiva . So acute - mostly neutrophils , chronic - macrophages and lymphocytes

in ASDA papers it says, neutrophils are found only in the established gingivitis.

Please correct me (quickly,please ; test - very soon ) if I am wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
for the desqumative gingivitis - maybe it is one of those MOST correct response things?

And about NUG being 16 -30 years and being most definitely associated with smoking - That is from Burket's .

And thank you for that clotting time . also I checked that Acute/chronic question. Thank you ! I had totally forgotten about that one ! Dang ! exam 2 days away - not a good time to be forgetting important stuff .

Thank you

And no need to stress now, it is normal we r all keep forgetting important things!otherwise we all gonna get 100% in exams :)

By the way, what do u think of Kaplan qbanks?do I need to buy it while I have only few days left?

for the desqumative gingivitis - maybe it is one of those MOST correct response things?

And about NUG being 16 -30 years and being most definitely associated with smoking - That is from Burket's .

And thank you for that clotting time . also I checked that Acute/chronic question. Thank you ! I had totally forgotten about that one ! Dang ! exam 2 days away - not a good time to be forgetting important stuff .

Hope to pass ! All I need :laugh:

And Kaplan - liked it very much . The explanations are great! - If you have 20- 30 days left, you can afford a leisurely review of all ~950 questions - twice. 10-15 days - you may have to speed up a little. Less than 10 - You may be able to do all of it once and review some marked/incorrect ones.

Well I don't think I have even 10 days to go through Kaplan Qs as I am studying decks now still have ASDA and some of remembered qs !!and cases Qs

I wish If I have time for it

Good luck with ur exam:thumbup:,we all need just to pass !!
Let us know pls abt ur experience

Hope to pass ! All I need :laugh:

And Kaplan - liked it very much . The explanations are great! - If you have 20- 30 days left, you can afford a leisurely review of all ~950 questions - twice. 10-15 days - you may have to speed up a little. Less than 10 - You may be able to do all of it once and review some marked/incorrect ones.

Hi .. more Qs ,,, help me with them pls

1. Tx for lidocaine sensitivity? Medazolam:thumbup:, naloxone, flumazanil
2. Tx for lidocaine induced seizures? Versed:thumbup:, Flumazanil, naloxone.
3. Best site for implant success? ant mandible??, post mand, ant max, post maxilla
4.Extract tooth, and 6 hrs later fever 99.6, pain and swelling? does this consider normal?
5.last suture to ossify?
6.best radiographe to c the small changed in bone? bite W:thumbup:, priapical, standarized.
7.what is the total amount of flouride that can be prescribed?100,120,160,140?
8.shape of Max first premolar cross section at the CEJ?figure 8???, kidney, oval wider MD, oval wider BL.
9. General dentist refers pt to the periodontist for treatment, who decides and sees the pt for follow up visits? General dentist, periodontist:confused:, genral and perio?
10. what would make the solder joint of a FDP stronger? wider occlusal-gingival, wider Buccal-lingual:confused:?
11. what iron, inidium added to the PFM do for the casting? make it harder???, help the porcelain fuse?
12.what is the hardest to cut off with high speed bur? Gold???, PFM, all ceramic?
13.when is the gypsum cast strongest? after 1 hr, at final set???, after 24 hrs?
14. if cast sits under tap water over night? surface dissolves???, strengthen cast?
15. what is the most common cause of failure of class I amalgum in mand first molar?
16. what material give best Cl II contact? admix, spherical:confused:, light cure comp, chemical cure comp?
17. worse restorative material for ID canine? gold, glass:confused:, composite, amalgum?
18. how many mg of mepivicaine delivered if 5 ml of 3% is given?15,30,75, 150:thumbup:
19. what would u give a pt with renal vascular disease? Aspirin, ibuprofen, Acetaminophen :confused:, ketorolac.
20. if palpate TMJ area and pain? impacted 3rd molar, flaccid paralysis, 2nd division of V nerve?
21. primary 1st and 2nd molar extract unilaterally, place? lingual holding arch, band and loop?
22. why occlusal rests placed in RPD?distribute occlusal forses, resist vertical forces?
23. why bead major connector? better finish line, contact tissue:thumbup:, hold acrylic better.
24. when does the 2st maxillary molar crown formed"totally formed"? 1-2 years old, 2-3, 4-5?

please help me with these Qs ...

ASAP

THANKS

Last edited:
1Tx for lidocaine sensitivity? Medazolam:thumbup:, naloxone, flumazanil
3. Best site for implant success? ant mandible??, post mand, ant max, post maxilla? Post maxilla
4.Extract tooth, and 6 hrs later fever 99.6, pain and swelling? does this consider normal? NO ( guessed)
5.last suture to ossify? Lambdoid suture 40-50 yrs
6.best radiographe to c the small changed in bone? bite W:thumbup:, priapical, standarized . Periapical
7.what is the total amount of flouride that can be prescribed?100,120,160,140? No idea
8.shape of Max first premolar cross section at the CEJ?figure 8???, kidney, oval wider MD, oval wider BL.( Oval wider BL)
9. General dentist refers pt to the periodontist for treatment, who decides and sees the pt for follow up visits? General dentist, periodontist:confused:, genral and perio? Periodondist
10. what would make the solder joint of a FDP stronger? wider occlusal-gingival, wider Buccal-lingual:confused:?
11. what iron, inidium added to the PFM do for the casting? make it harder???, help the porcelain fuse? Inidium strengthens it.
12.what is the hardest to cut off with high speed bur? Gold???, PFM, all ceramic? All ceramic ( Guessed)
13.when is the gypsum cast strongest? after 1 hr, at final set???, after 24 hrs? 45 min to 1 Hr
14. if cast sits under tap water over night? surface dissolves???, strengthen cast? strengthens cast as less entrapment of air
15. what is the most common cause of failure of class I amalgum in mand first molar? Marginal leakage
16. what material give best Cl II contact? admix, spherical:confused:, light cure comp, chemical cure comp? (Admixed helps easier proximal contact development so this first choice for Class II, otherwise strength wise Spherical)
17. worse restorative material for ID canine? gold, glass:confused:, composite, amalgum? worst will be Composie > GIC> Amalgam> Gold( according to dental decks composite not given for class 3 DL in canines)
18. how many mg of mepivicaine delivered if 5 ml of 3% is given?15,30,75, 150:thumbup:
19. what would u give a pt with renal vascular disease? Aspirin, ibuprofen, Acetaminophen :confused:, ketorolac. Acetoaminophen
20. if palpate TMJ area and pain? impacted 3rd molar, flaccid paralysis, 2nd division of V nerve? Did'nt understand question
21. primary 1st and 2nd molar extract unilaterally, place? lingual holding arch, band and loop? BLS we prefer, if permanent incisors are erupted then can give lower lingual holding arch(for unilateral loss give always BLS)
22. why occlusal rests placed in RPD?distribute occlusal forses, resist vertical forces? Primarily resists vertica forces, but also has the function of distributing occlusal forces.
23. why bead major connector? better finish line, contact tissue:thumbup:, hold acrylic better? Contact tissue
24. when does the 2st maxillary molar crown formed"totally formed"? 1-2 years old, 2-3, 4-5

Correct this if wrong.
where did you find these questions?

hi

in decks X ray cart no. 26 ...

can anyone tell me how is the tooth no is 3????

thank u

Hi,

The tooth number is # 3 its 1st right molar according to the answer, but I have a doubt too it looks like left first molar # 14 also.

How did they distinguish the side..

Hi,

The tooth number is # 3 its 1st right molar according to the answer, but I have a doubt too it looks like left first molar # 14 also.

How did they distinguish the side..

yea I was thinking the same think !! because it says we need to look at the x ray just like we r looking to the patient .. with the right side of patient of left side and vice versa ...

I dont know I am confused !!!!!

1Tx for lidocaine sensitivity? Medazolam:thumbup:, naloxone, flumazanil
3. Best site for implant success? ant mandible??, post mand, ant max, post maxilla? Post maxilla
can you pls give me a reason or a resource for this?
I think in the post max there is max sinus, in the ant max there is nasal cavity, those can effect on the implant placement ..

4.Extract tooth, and 6 hrs later fever 99.6, pain and swelling? does this consider normal? NO ( guessed)

what about frontanale?
6.best radiographe to c the small changed in bone? bite W:thumbup:, priapical, standarized . Periapical
I was thinking the same .. but I just saw yesterday in decks it says for alv bone resorption, bit w is the best?!!
and I saw also for pdl disease priapical and parallel is the best !! now I am confused

7.what is the total amount of flouride that can be prescribed?100,120,160,140? No idea
8.shape of Max first premolar cross section at the CEJ?figure 8???, kidney, oval wider MD, oval wider BL.( Oval wider BL)
WHY IT IS NOT 8 FIGURE?

9. General dentist refers pt to the periodontist for treatment, who decides and sees the pt for follow up visits? General dentist, periodontist, genral and perio? Periodondist
10. what would make the solder joint of a FDP stronger? wider occlusal-gingival, wider Buccal-lingual?
11. what iron, inidium added to the PFM do for the casting? make it harder???, help the porcelain fuse? Inidium strengthens it.:thumbup:
12.what is the hardest to cut off with high speed bur? Gold???, PFM, all ceramic? All ceramic ( Guessed)
i THINK I READ IT SOMEWHERE THAT IT IS THE ALL CERAMIC ... BUT i DONT KNOW WHY? CAN U EXPLAIN WHY PLS?

13.when is the gypsum cast strongest? after 1 hr, at final set???, after 24 hrs? 45 min to 1 Hr
14. if cast sits under tap water over night? surface dissolves???, strengthen cast? strengthens cast as less entrapment of air
CAN U EXPLAIN PLS?

15. what is the most common cause of failure of class I amalgum in mand first molar? Marginal leakage:thumbup:

16. what material give best Cl II contact? admix, spherical, light cure comp, chemical cure comp? (Admixed helps easier proximal contact development so this first choice for Class II, otherwise strength wise Spherical):thumbup:

17. worse restorative material for ID canine? gold, glass, composite, amalgum? worst will be Composie > GIC> Amalgam> Gold( according to dental decks composite not given for class 3 DL in canines)
according to dental decks .. GIC is the worst restorative material ??!!!

19. what would u give a pt with renal vascular disease? Aspirin, ibuprofen, Acetaminophen , ketorolac. Acetoaminophen:thumbup:

20. if palpate TMJ area and pain? impacted 3rd molar, flaccid paralysis, 2nd division of V nerve? Did'nt understand question

21. primary 1st and 2nd molar extract unilaterally, place? lingual holding arch, band and loop? BLS we prefer, if permanent incisors are erupted then can give lower lingual holding arch(for unilateral loss give always BLS)

22. why occlusal rests placed in RPD?distribute occlusal forses, resist vertical forces? Primarily resists vertica forces, but also has the function of distributing occlusal forces.
so what is the answer? and do u mean resist vertical forces on the tissue?

23. why bead major connector? better finish line, contact tissue:thumbup:, hold acrylic better? Contact tissue

24. when does the 2st maxillary molar crown formed"totally formed"? 1-2 years old, 2-3, 4-5
can u explain pls?

THANKS for the answers ... :)

1Tx for lidocaine sensitivity? Medazolam:thumbup:, naloxone, flumazanil EXPLAIN
2. Tx for lidocaine induced seizures? Versed:thumbup:, Flumazanil, naloxone.EXPLAIN THIS
can you pls give me a reason or a resource for this?
I think in the post max there is max sinus, in the ant max there is nasal cavity, those can effect on the implant placement ..
DEFINETLY MAXILLA BECAUSE IT HAS BETTER CIRCULAION AND BLOOD SUPPLY SO HEALING BETTER. GIVEN IN DECKS OR MOSBYS.

what about frontanale?
I was thinking the same .. but I just saw yesterday in decks it says for alv bone resorption, bit w is the best?!!
and I saw also for pdl disease priapical and parallel is the best !! now I am confused
PERIAPICAL IS GOOD FOR BONE BUT OCCLUSAL FOR CARIES, YES READ FOR ALVEOLAR BOSS LOSS ALSO OCCLUSAL CAN BE USED.
7.what is the total amount of flouride that can be prescribed?100,120,160,140? No idea( WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS ANSWER.
WHY IT IS NOT 8 FIGURE?

9. General dentist refers pt to the periodontist for treatment, who decides and sees the pt for follow up visits? General dentist, periodontist, genral and perio? Periodondist
10. what would make the solder joint of a FDP stronger? wider occlusal-gingival, wider Buccal-lingual? DID YOU FIND THIS ANSWER, EXPLAIN.
11. what iron, inidium added to the PFM do for the casting? make it harder???, help the porcelain fuse? Inidium strengthens it.:thumbup:
i THINK I READ IT SOMEWHERE THAT IT IS THE ALL CERAMIC ... BUT i DONT KNOW WHY? CAN U EXPLAIN WHY PLS?

CAN U EXPLAIN PLS?
DECKS UNDER GP ITS GIVEN

15. what is the most common cause of failure of class I amalgum in mand first molar? Marginal leakage:thumbup:

16. what material give best Cl II contact? admix, spherical, light cure comp, chemical cure comp? (Admixed helps easier proximal contact development so this first choice for Class II, otherwise strength wise Spherical):thumbup:

17. worse restorative material for ID canine? gold, glass, composite, amalgum? worst will be Composie > GIC> Amalgam> Gold( according to dental decks composite not given for class 3 DL in canines)
according to dental decks .. GIC is the worst restorative material ??!!!
YOU ASKED FOR CANINES SPECIALLY SO ITS COMPOSITE, OTHERWISE GIC
19. what would u give a pt with renal vascular disease? Aspirin, ibuprofen, Acetaminophen , ketorolac. Acetoaminophen:thumbup:

EXPLAIN THIS QUESTION PLZ

so what is the answer? and do u mean resist vertical forces on the tissue?
BOTH ACTUALLY THERE SHOULD BE AN OPTION, OR IF THE QUESTION IS WHICH IS MOST I'LL GO FOR RESIST VERTICAL FORCES

can u explain pls?

THANKS for the answers ... :)

Hey,

Look at the ones in black and bold.

When are you taking exam?
All the best.

best site for implant success - post mandible . Though the blood supply is great in the maxilla, the osseointegration is better in the mandible -because of the type of bone (surgery text book- they has the statistics to back it up, but I can't remember the numbers.)

lidocaine toxicity reveral- flumazenil .

Pls can you help me with these Qs ...

Veneers-what do u use after u tried it on?
1. Ethanol
2. hydrochloride acid
3. phosphoric acid
4. pumice.@@@

loosing which tooth make the space maintenance most difficult?
-mand 1st molar.
-mand 2nd molar.
both r difficult I think !! :confused:

14 years old boy with asymptomatic expansion on one side, occlusion change,picture looks like without visible opacity or lucency?
1. Cherubism
2. osteosarcoma.
3. fibrous dysplasia.
4. ossifying fibroma.
??????

when not to do apically positioned flap?
lingual of mand molar:confused:, Facial of mand molar, palatal of max molar, facial of max molar

what looks like ameloblastoma?
odontogenic myxoma, ameloblastic odontoma:confused:

inferior alv nerve block, pierce?
buccinator m, medial pterygoid m.:confused:

with 4 mm implant, minimum space needed?
Can someone answer with explanation

hypotension after chloropramazin administration caused by?
negative inotropic agent, lower cardiac contraction, bronchodilation, alpha blocker.
I know Chloro is antipsychotic drug, it has anticholinergic effect which cause hypotension ... how ? I dont know !!

where do u incise for mand tori?

cannot do with stain?
change hue, increase value:confused:, decrease value, change chroma

what impression material can be affected by latex?

will not see in bleach of preperly obturated tooth?
pain, external resorption at cervical area, acute apical period:confused:, thermal changes

may cause superinfection? tetracycline:confused:, Penicillin V

limit of 2% lidocaine for 20 kg child? 40, 60, 80
for this I know the maximum dosage is 4.4 mg/kg.. so the answer should be 88mg, am I wrong?

small room does not have 6 feet to hide from X ray. what u will put to protect?
plexiglass, dry wall, stainless steel door !!!

how many Flouride in toothpaste? 1 ppm, 1000 ppm, 10000ppm

Treatment of 1 cm dentigerous cyst aound third molar?
marsuplization
enucleation
radiation

inferior block doesn't work due to accessory of? Mylohoid n, genioglossus n, hypoglossal n. I didn't understand this Qs

old and young patient have the same bone loss on radiagraph, which one has better prognosis? I would say young .. but the answer is OLD !! how is that?

to check bone Volume, radiograph?
BWX
PA
substraction
pan

breakage of mid denture due to?
Alv bone resorption:thumbup:
poor posterior palatal seal
porosity

Tetracycline decrease the effect of penicillin due to?

Heb contagious when?
surface antigen positive:thumbup:
surface antigen negative
surface antibody positive
surface antibody negative

Ca(oh)2 used in? Apexification or apexogenesis
I thought with both !!

composite shrink toward? the light, toward the center

Hey ... r u done with ur exam or not yet !! I thought u took it already .. GOOD LUCK
pls take a look at the answers below

best site for implant success - post mandible . Though the blood supply is great in the maxilla, the osseointegration is better in the mandible -because of the type of bone (surgery text book- they has the statistics to back it up, but I can't remember the numbers.):thumbup: I agree with that .. as implant success doesn't have anything with blood supply ... but I would consider ant mandible instead of post !!

are you sure about posterior?

lidocaine toxicity reveral- flumazenil .I know Flum is used for Tx of diazepam overdose .. can u explain how it can be used for LA toxicity?

1Tx for lidocaine sensitivity? Medazolam:thumbup:, naloxone, flumazanil EXPLAIN
because naloxone used for opiate overdose, and flumazenil use for diazepam overdose
medazolam is sedative sometimes used for allergic reaction
I guess not sure though

4.Extract tooth, and 6 hrs later fever 99.6, pain and swelling? does this consider normal? NO ( guessed) then what it is ??????????

what about frontanale?
PERIAPICAL IS GOOD FOR BONE BUT OCCLUSAL FOR CARIES, YES READ FOR ALVEOLAR BOSS LOSS ALSO OCCLUSAL CAN BE USED.
I didn't say anything about occlusal !! it is bitwing radiograph what I am guessing

7.what is the total amount of flouride that can be prescribed?100,120,160,140? No idea( WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS ANSWER.I didnt and I don't know !!

17. worse restorative material for ID canine? gold, glass, composite, amalgum?
YOU ASKED FOR CANINES SPECIALLY SO ITS COMPOSITE, OTHERWISE GIC
for this I am sure now it is GIC .. as it is the worst restorative material, if for canine or any other tooth ..

if it is the 1st max molar .. what would be the answer?????

1Tx for lidocaine sensitivity? Medazolam:thumbup:, naloxone, flumazanil . You are right give Diazepam or midazolam for LA allergy or sensitivity I remember now.
6.best radiographe to c the small changed in bone? bite W:thumbup:, priapical, standarized . I am sorry not occlusal I meant Bitewings for caries and alveolar bone loss.
7.what is the total amount of flouride that can be prescribed?100,120,160,140? Is this in mg, what is the amount prescribed in ppm and what is the relation btw ppm and mg?
24. when does the 2st maxillary molar crown formed"totally formed"? 1-2 years old, 2-3, 4-5?
If its max molar its 3 years.

Thanks

best site for implant success - post mandible . Though the blood supply is great in the maxilla, the osseointegration is better in the mandible -because of the type of bone (surgery text book- they has the statistics to back it up, but I can't remember the numbers.)

lidocaine toxicity reveral- flumazenil .

the answer is midazolam >>> decks pharma card no 47 i just read it :confused::cool::cool:

Hey,

Which is the best ASDA series which we have to do definetly M, L, but is 1978-released papers worth to do even. Please reply ASAP.
Thanks

Hi! ljohns,

I think its a waste of time. I would say do the past 10 yrs Q papers. The pattern has changed as well. If you have a lot of time then it is a different issue all together.

I didn't take the exam yet .. so I have no idea what to say ..

but for me as I have no time.. I need to finish decks and I would rather find the time and go through L and M than old 70s ASDA

but in case u have lots of time and u r done with everything, then u can go with the 80s I think better than 70s !! just for reviewing

GOOD LUCK

Hi! ljohns,

I think its a waste of time. I would say do the past 10 yrs Q papers. The pattern has changed as well. If you have a lot of time then it is a different issue all together.

pls can someone answer ?

1. Ethanol
2. hydrochloride acid
3. phosphoric acid
4. pumice.@@@

-mand 1st molar.
-mand 2nd molar.

14 years old boy with asymptomatic expansion on one side, occlusion change,picture looks like without visible opacity or lucency?
1. Cherubism
2. osteosarcoma.
3. fibrous dysplasia.
4. ossifying fibroma.
??????

lingual of mand molar:confused:, Facial of mand molar, palatal of max molar, facial of max molar

negative inotropic agent, lower cardiac contraction, bronchodilation, alpha blocker.
I know Chloro is antipsychotic drug, it has anticholinergic effect which cause hypotension ... how ? I dont know !!

cannot do with stain?

pain, external resorption at cervical area, acute apical period:confused:, thermal changes

for this I know the maximum dosage is 4.4 mg/kg.. so the answer should be 88mg, am I wrong?

marsuplization
enucleation
radiation

inferior block doesn't work due to accessory of? Mylohoid n, genioglossus n, hypoglossal n. I didn't understand this Qs

old and young patient have the same bone loss on radiagraph, which one has better prognosis? I would say young .. but the answer is OLD !! how is that?

BWX
PA
substraction
pan

porosity

Heb contagious when?
surface antigen negative

I thought with both !!

Dentist plans to place a crown in patients max canine. altering the existing canine guided occlusion in right lateral excursion movement to that of group function will result in which of the following?
A Greater clearence on left---less potential for a non working contact.
B Less clearence on the left side ---greater potential for non working contact.
C no effect on non working side clearence.

also explain why?

???????????????????

1. Ethanol
2. hydrochloride acid
3. phosphoric acid
4. pumice.@@@

-mand 1st molar.
-mand 2nd molar.

1. Cherubism
2. osteosarcoma.
3. fibrous dysplasia.
4. ossifying fibroma.
??????

cannot do with stain?

marsuplization
enucleation
radiation

BWX
PA
substraction
pan

porosity

Heb contagious when?
surface antigen negative

I thought with both !!

I think is palatal of max molar, it's in the decks
the differential diagnosis is odontogenic myxoma

additional silicone

THANKS a lot elmos >> that was helpful

I think is palatal of max molar, it's in the decks :thumbup:
the differential diagnosis is odontogenic myxoma:thumbup:

additional silicone:thumbup:

please anyone can help me with the rest

Tetracycline decrease the effect of penicillin due to
penicillin affects cell wall synthesis and need rapidly dividing cells for it to work . tetracycline on the other hand is bacteriostatic , so there is less actively diving cells, thereby reducing/negating the effects of penicillin.

My brain is way too clouded and tired to figure out/look up the rest :)

1. Cherubism
2. osteosarcoma.
3. fibrous dysplasia.
4. ossifying fibroma.
??????
3) Fibrous dysplasia.
Definetly not cherubism and osteosarcoma, not ossifying fibroma since the occlusion disturbance happens in fibrous D.

buccinator m, medial pterygoid m.
:confused:
Buccinator( because its always injected towards the ptergomandibular raphe which involves 2 muscles buccinator and superior constrictor muscles)

Depends on situation,

6-mm( If single Implant with natural tooth on both sides,1+4+1)
8 mm( if one side implant and other side natural tooth,1+4+3)

Additional silicone also polyvinyl siloxane ( latex is rubber and different types made of vinyl which can cross reacte and interfere in setting)

88:thumbup:

1000ppm

marsuplization
enucleation
radiation

enucleation

old and young patient have the same bone loss on radiagraph, which one has better prognosis?
OLD, in this case because both have same bone loss but at different age group.

BWX
PA
substraction
pan

Bone volume and density by subtraction Radiography

Onn curing shrink towards the Centre,i.e away from the walls

Hope this helps.
correct if wrong.

Please help me with these questions??

1) A 5 yr old patient's restorative appointments, the dentist will administer inhalation sedation. For the patients extraction appointments however the dentist will supplement the sedation with oral medication. For this purpose which of the following drugs will be the most appropriate?

- Hyrdoxyzine
- Diazepam
- Ketamine
- Meperidine

2) Dentist plans to place a crown in patients max canine. altering the existing canine guided occlusion in right lateral excursion movement to that of group function will result in which of the following?

also explain why?

Thanks

1) A 5 yr old patient's restorative appointments, the dentist will administer inhalation sedation. For the patients extraction appointments however the dentist will supplement the sedation with oral medication. For this purpose which of the following drugs will be the most appropriate?

- Hyrdoxyzine
- Diazepam:thumbup: dental decks
- Ketamine
- Meperidine>>mostly used as IV sedation or pain relieve after dental procedure

buccinator m, medial pterygoid m.
:confused:
Buccinator( because its always injected towards the ptergomandibular raphe which involves 2 muscles buccinator and superior constrictor muscles)

I can remember I read it somewhere in decks that after LA injection, trismus mostly is due to medial pt muscle !!

Depends on situation,

6-mm( If single Implant with natural tooth on both sides,1+4+1)
8 mm( if one side implant and other side natural tooth,1+4+3)
can you explain further pls? I can't understand what are those no? buccal lingual or what? THANK YOU
u mean bet 2 iomplants we need 3 mm space? and bet implant and natural tooth 1 mm?

old and young patient have the same bone loss on radiagraph, which one has better prognosis?
OLD, in this case because both have same bone loss but at different age group.
why OLD ???

THANK YOU

BWX
PA
substraction
pan

Bone volume and density by subtraction Radiography

I remember I read it somewhere in decks or mosby ... that Panoramic is used for bone volume ..

what do u think?

THANK YOU

from where these Qs pls?

Please help me with these questions??

- Hyrdoxyzine
- Diazepam
- Ketamine
- Meperidine

2) Dentist plans to place a crown in patients max canine. altering the existing canine guided occlusion in right lateral excursion movement to that of group function will result in which of the following?

also explain why?

Thanks