Official Match Results Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The big day will be here before you know it! When it comes, jump online and let your SDN friends know where you will be headed. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Called my Dean's office and matched into my #1 choice--- Colorado!!!

congrats!!! :thumbup: where did u match?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cornell.

If you're coming to hang out w/ me on the banks of the East River too (weren't those views from the ICU breathtaking?!), shoot me a message!

Good luck and congrats to all!

I'm gonna have to start building a warmer wardrobe because...I'm headed to the Mayo Clinic--Rochester :D I'm absolutely thrilled to match at my #1!

Back to the east coast for me! Cheesesteaks here I come! PM me if you matched at Penn as well. I need to figure out first year now.

Just got a phone call from my #1 (Their coordinator said they got their match list last night) and then from my med school's Deans office:

Barrow NI (Phoenix)!!!! :horns:

Congrats to everyone in advance!

hey guys!!!!!!!i matched at my top choice Med Col of Georgia!!!!!!!yippeeeeeeeeeeeee i am gonna be a Neurologist!!!!!!!!can't thank everyone enough on the forum esp Gopher for always being there to clear my stupid doubts!! :thumbup:

Did they call you? I have a friend who is waiting on them??

brainstorm said:
I'm gonna have to start building a warmer wardrobe because...I'm headed to the Mayo Clinic--Rochester :D I'm absolutely thrilled to match at my #1!

path2006 said:
Did they call you? I have a friend who is waiting on them??

yes, the PD called and also my dean's office

#1 - Univ of Louisville
What a relief. So excited!!!!
They called BTW :) :) :) :) :)
Can't believe I get to be a neurologist!!!!

hey guys

could some of the neuro people last year come on and say their call came later on. kinda nervous out here thanks

yes guys please, I am dying here

Members don't see this ad :)
and for IMGs who can't call their dean's offices and who have to rely on the program calling them, is it possible to call SFmatch today? or ECFMG?

Called my Dean--U of Miami, my 1st choice!!! Congrats to all!!

Please feel free to PM me if you also matched there!! So relieved.

My dean called me this AM, I matched at Columbia, 1st choice! quite happy indeed.

and for IMGs who can't call their dean's offices and who have to rely on the program calling them, is it possible to call SFmatch today? or ECFMG?

Sorry, but no. The first day applicants can call for their results is tomorrow, if they don't hear today... but I bet you will. Still waiting on a call myself, I feel your pain. :D

Matched to my #1 - Mayo - Rochester!
The call came around 7-7:30AM

Congrats to everyone! To all those still waiting to hear-keep the faith :)

I haven't posted on this board for ages-can't believe it's been a year since I matched!

Welcome to the ranks of Neuro!

So happy to see all those #1's!

BTW Goph, you've done a great job keeping up with this forum- I can barely stay awake during my intern year :p

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matched at PARTNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neurolome said:

congrats.. i look forward to meeting/working with ya :D

i think there was about 6 students from UM who wanted to stay for neuro.. i wonder how they did..

Matched at NYU, my #1.
Congratulations to everyone!

Matched at my #1- U of Utah!!!

Boston Children's for Peds Neuro! Totally stoked!

Hey Penguins,
Congrats on UL, I go to medical school there and all the faculty are great! You'll have a great time there!

match at my # 1 choice...St Louis University. Got a little late phone call from PD, but at the end of the day I am very happy.

University of Cincinnati! First Choice. Life is good.

I matched at my #1 - UCLA. I can't believe it! I'm going back home!

Another person here who got #1 choice -- WashU for child neuro!! Esp excited that my peds spot in guaranteed, so I don't have to worry about reg match!! :D

Cardsfan-- you're a brave soul going to Boston Children's -- I interviewed there, but wasn't up for all that in house call! Kudos to you though!

Congrats Neurolome. In the words of the earstwhile Fresh Prince of Bel Air -"Welcome to Miami".
Feel free to pm me or trojan about anything.

neurolome said:

I got my #1 choice. It looks like doctorlarry and I will be in the same class at UCSD!

Yayyyyy: Child neurology at University of Washington.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok, I can start digesting again. I just found my email. Should not have given them two e-mail addresses and only check the one every 10 seconds for the last 5 hours.
I think I am going to implode now.

#1! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :laugh: :laugh: :love: :love:

Super excited to have matched at my #1! Vanderbilt!

Baylor/Texas Children's here I come! (my #1 pick for a 2008 child neuro position)

UTMB @ Galveston c/o 2006

matched at UIC. my #2, yeahhh. anyone else headed there? still gotta find a pgy1 spot,but will worry abotu that much much later. congrats to everyone else

Hi all, I matched at U Florida, Gainesville which was my 2nd choice program. Unfortunately it doesn`t come with the PGY-1 year unlike promised earlier, so I have to look for some PGY-1 positions as I don`t have any interviews. Any idea as to how could I initiate the process and find a place to work in.
Thanks in advance. I am an IMG in need of visa..... though I will have one year work authorization document which doesn`t necessitate me to ask for a visa in the 1st yr.

Thanks!!

Duke University here I come! Now I need to keep my fingers crossed for a prelim year there!

Congratulations for all who matched in Neurology, if it wouldn't be too much of a problem could you post your stats, what research you did, and what sort of externships and elecives you arranged, I will be applying to child neurology and plan on doing academic medicine in the future, and would love to get into a good program that does research that I am intersted in, thanks! ChildNeuro

drssr said:
hey guys!!!!!!!i matched at my top choice Med Col of Georgia!!!!!!!yippeeeeeeeeeeeee i am gonna be a Neurologist!!!!!!!!can't thank everyone enough on the forum esp Gopher for always being there to clear my stupid doubts!! :thumbup:
HEY drssr

I also get matched at MCG. gr8, see you soon.
how to contact you?

Matched at University of Illinois-Chicago! Glad to be staying in my hometown.

matched at my number 1....UT Southwestern. Dallas here i come !!

anyone know if there is ever a list put out of where everyone matched? just curious where some of the people I met on trail ended up

Cardsfan said:
anyone know if there is ever a list put out of where everyone matched? just curious where some of the people I met on trail ended up

I don't think there is any such list, but I'm also curious as to where people ended up...

Matched at UF Jacksonville. I am happy but feel a little bit sad in the same time, this is my number 4 choice and i have to move to Florida from a place where i have lived for many years.

U Cincinnati- my #1! Congrats everyone!