OFFICIAL Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard anything from John Jay Clinical - Forensic phD program?

John Jay's Clinical - Forensic PhD program had interviews on Feb. 16. They have already begun extending offers of admission.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Did you get my message over the weekend? I just spoke with someone in the psychology department at York. She told me that no update has been made on my application and that she'll know more in the next week. Unfortunately she also said that they are mostly looking to take MA students and very few if any PhDs!! Not sure if I should contact my POI at this point... thoughts? I haven't done that for any of my other schools but I'm very tempted now...

Maybe she ment that they probably won't be accepting students directly into the PhD who want to skip the MA bit - I know they do that at Concordia at least. If you have an MA already you can apply direcly into the PhD (unless that's what you were going for at York?). She can't have meant terminal MAs...

Maybe she ment that they probably won't be accepting students directly into the PhD who want to skip the MA bit - I know they do that at Concordia at least. If you have an MA already you can apply direcly into the PhD (unless that's what you were going for at York?). She can't have meant terminal MAs...

I'm not sure but I decided to contact one of my POIs and it turns out that he's already interviewed applicants. There's a slim chance my other POI will still contact me but I'm not too optimistic!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure but I decided to contact one of my POIs and it turns out that he's already interviewed applicants. There's a slim chance my other POI will still contact me but I'm not too optimistic!

Could you possibly PM who this professor was? Would be much appreciated...

Are you talking about a POI at York or Concordia?

I just got invited to interview at American - mass email. This is definitely a late invitation, didn't other peope hear ages ago? This must be the second round of invites. The interview is on March 23rd.

I just got invited to interview at American - mass email. This is definitely a late invitation, didn't other peope hear ages ago? This must be the second round of invites. The interview is on March 23rd.

Okay...I take that back. The email I received turned out to be an invitation to learn about American's graduate programs, not an interview. I can't say I'm disappointed - I'm so done with these interviews.

yeah i just got the american email too; i guess it doesnt mean anything?

did anyone else here apply to american???

I did... and I'm confused by the whole thing. Is this a mandatory thing? It doesn't even mention interviewing with anyone at all. If it's not an interview, and it really is just informational, are we really expected to spend more money on travel? I'm just... confused.

Was this for adult clinical or clinical-developmental?

I was just at their interview yesterday. I was told that they would be meeting to discuss offers tomorrow and calls would go out tomorrow evening or Thursday.

Hi. I'm just wondering if you are referring to Miami University in Oxford, OH?

Members don't see this ad :)
;) anyone wanna call american and find out the deal?

;) anyone wanna call american and find out the deal?

I actually already called the psychology department at American and they assured me it was just an informational session, nothing more. Definitely not worth spending any money on travel for that!

As for York, I applied to Clinical - Developmental as well.

1. So I just got an email from Indiana U - Bloomington saying a decision had not yet be made on my application (i.e. wait listed). Anyone else get this?

2. ANY one hear about interviews/acceptances/rejections from SUNY Stony Brook? My POI was Dan O'Leary.

Thanks!
*Ella:luck:

I'm also curious about Stony Brook, if anyone knows anything. I was expecting to at least get an interview from there, given that my POI there is good friends with all 3 of my letter writers, but I have heard absolutely nothing from them.

I have a LITTLE info on Stony Brook. I phone interviewed with Stony Brook like...2 months ago almost. Mid-January. And at the end of the phone interview, my POI told me that they would start doing acceptances in mid-March, so it's still earlier than he projected. Feel free to PM me if you want more info...though I don't have much more...

1. So I just got an email from Indiana U - Bloomington saying a decision had not yet be made on my application (i.e. wait listed). Anyone else get this?

2. ANY one hear about interviews/acceptances/rejections from SUNY Stony Brook? My POI was Dan O'Leary.

Thanks!
*Ella:luck:

Yeah I just got that email too from IU. I've already accepted elsewhere so it doesn't really matter - but geez! Kind of late! I thought they did interviews like a month ago! Good Luck if you're still holding out for this school!

i applied to american, interviewed, and got that email as well... it doesn't seem to have anything to do w/the psych department specifically... since they said they'd be letting people know about acceptances mid-late march... perhaps even before that event occurs.

weird though...

Has anyone gotten an acceptance from URI? Their interviews were Monday...

as a side note, this thread has had close to 100,000 views.

Funny, it feels like I've viewed it 100,000 times myself...

That is outstanding and it is also amazing when you look at the 5 most viewed thread for the Psychology board...

This thread 100,000+ views

...we must be a paranoid group :)

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but here's another fun thing to do while waiting to hear back from various and sundry locations.

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php

a comic about the life of grad students. maybe someday...

Officially waitlisted at UVA-Curry. Notified via email. I guess it's better than nothing...

i was wondering if anyone can tell me about the chicago school of professional psychology ? About the program? How many they interview and how many they accept?

Has anyone gotten any news from SUNY-Albany, Vanderbilt, or University of Memphis?

has anyone heard anything from american - like when they'll be making decisions??

Have not heard anything from U of Memphis but would expect offers to go out this week with spring break now over. Will post if I hear anything.

barca- I haven;t heard anything from American, but am interested to hear when someone does!

Congratulations, Psychlax. Do you know if you're going to accept?

has anyone received post-interview feedback from fordham (counseling)?

My friend received a call offering admissions the week before March 3rd. Not sure if that was when they all went out though.
And in regards to CUNY--they are having their admissions decisions talk right now so keep your fingers crossed.

Has anyone received a post interview acceptance to DePaul?

Hi, ys, I heard from Fordham the last week in Feb that I was accepted. A letter came a week later. I'm thrilled with the program and will probably go there. Good luck!

Ok get this. I JUST recieved an email telling me that they never received my transcripts. THis app was due dec 15th and i know i sent them. So what the hell. Now i find out in MID MARCH that my app wasnt even forwarded to the department!!!!! AHHH!!!!! Why the hell wouldnt they notify me of this earlier! I mean first off I called alll my school to make sure that everything was received. Of course due to volume i never heard back from most. But come one. How can you notify someone of missing transcripts, who left you multiple messages and email around the due date in MARCH!!! SO annoyed because that was one of my top choices and i was bummed that i didnt get an interview. Now ill never know if i could have!! I HATE THIS PROCESSS!!!!!!

Ok get this. I JUST recieved an email telling me that they never received my transcripts. THis app was due dec 15th and i know i sent them. So what the hell. Now i find out in MID MARCH that my app wasnt even forwarded to the department!!!!! AHHH!!!!! Why the hell wouldnt they notify me of this earlier! I mean first off I called alll my school to make sure that everything was received. Of course due to volume i never heard back from most. But come one. How can you notify someone of missing transcripts, who left you multiple messages and email around the due date in MARCH!!! SO annoyed because that was one of my top choices and i was bummed that i didnt get an interview. Now ill never know if i could have!! I HATE THIS PROCESSS!!!!!!

That's really frustrating. My top 2 choices for some reason, did not receive my GRE scores because the ETS changed my choices in their computer so that other schools were sent my scores twice, instead of all the schools I picked being sent them once. I had even called them pretty much every day up until the day of the test to make sure they had the right schools and was reassured over and over (I even made them read me the list, instead of them just saying that they had all the ones I told them!). I didn't find out until sometime in January that this happened, and they still denied that they were the ones who changed it (but I obviously didnt, haha). I called and explained the situations, and both schools said it was fine as long as the ETS would send my scores as soon as possible. So, back to my point....those top 2 choices just so happened to be the only 2 schools I did not even get invited to interviews with. Yes, they were more selective....but I still drive myself crazy wondering if it had anything to do with the ETS F*ing up my scores, since I put the most effort into those applications :mad:

This process overall sucks, and sometimes things happen that make you feel like it's a conspiracy working against you (kidding....sort of?). I guess the only thing that can be done at this point though, is to focus on the ones that did get everything done right? Try not to worry about that one too much, you put all the work into it and should get something positive out of it, even if it's not what you thought was your top choice. Maybe being at a school who didn't know enough to contact you before March about missing transcripts, wouldn't have been very enjoyable to deal with anyway? :luck:

i found out at the last minute that the psychology department at one of my schools was never forwarded my GRE scores from the graduate admissions office because ETS sent my GRE scores with my full name (including middle), but my application only contained my middle initial. Because of this the school's computer system was unable to match the scores with my record. Luckily I found out about it and was able to correct the problem at the very last minute, but this process is stressful enough without worrying about ridiculous things like this!

So I have a school psych Phd interview at Umass Amherst tomorrow. And as all of the bostonians know we have a storm coming. Will my interview get cancelled? How will they notify me if this is the case???

Thanks

I am interviewing at SHU tomorrow, and due to the storm I sent an email to ask if they would notify me of a delay or cancelation at a different email address.