Official Georgetown GEMS 2008 Acceptances!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarahgelatinano

totally awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's post our acceptances here for the 2008-2009 Georgetown GEMS!!!!

I got my call this morning at 8:15 from Dean Williams. Good luck to everyone else.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoa, I got my official letter today and I must admit, it is a little scary!

I guess the reality of this is starting to kick in and it's just a little intimidating. They list all the classes and what is expected of you. I am not so worried about what is expected of me, I am just worried about the classes themselves!!! I guess that once we get through summer boot camp we will be prepared for the fall classes....at least I am hoping so!

Anyone else get their letter? What do you think? Am I the only weenie???

Hey Sarah: Like you i did find it a little intimidating, but you have to remember that this summer our old study/ ineffective habits will be broken and thrown by the wayside. In there place Mr. Taylor will instill in us study habits that get us Honors/High Pass and show us how to succeed in Med school courses. PLus, we will all be in the classes together and can provide help/ study groups.

btw: how come it is only me and IJ in the face book group?..let's get this thing rollin peeps. i know for a fact that there are more than 2 people accepted. --PEACE

There you go... still waiting for my acceptance letter in the mail though.

Has anoyone else filed their financial aid? Is anyone doing the "alternative loans"? I definitely DON'T want to do it, but I am not sure ends are going to meet otherwise. We get 12,500 for the Stafford Loans and 10,000 from Georgetown loans= 22,500

Tuituion is 16,818. 22,500-16,818 = 5682 left over. Now, divide that by 12 to see how much money you have every month to budget and it's only 473!!!! How the heck are you expected to live off that much?

I am definitely going to have to file for "alternative loans" because I get absolutely NO help from any family (not that they won't help me, it's just that they have no money at all to help, they barely scrap by themselves).

And I don't have a facebook or I would add to our group! Maybe I will get one though? We'll see.

I'll probably have to do alternative loans too. Although I was watching the Suze Orman show and she mentioned that the interest on private loans is NOT tax deductible if you make over 50,000 a year and typically has interest rates about 10-12 percent. Yikes! Oh well, I guess that's the price we must pay for an education :(