Official Countdown Thread........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gujuDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not that I took the MCAT or anything, this past August, but just because I feel like you all should have a thread like the one Crazy Cav had for us in April..........

Here it is, your official Countdown thread...................

As of now, you have 54 days, 3 hours, and 1 minute left til score release..........

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D: :D :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah… countdown is a long way to go.. Think about something else in the middle…
when did gujuDoc take an mcat or are you going to?
from 4000+ post seems like you took it long time ago...
Are you a docotr by now??

JustR said:
Yeah… countdown is a long way to go.. Think about something else in the middle…
when did gujuDoc take an mcat or are you going to?
from 4000+ post seems like you took it long time ago...
Are you a docotr by now??

:laugh: :laugh:

No I took it in August 04 and then retook in April 05. :D :D :D

As per the toooooooooo many posts, though no where near Mushy in number yet, well that has to do with exttttttreeeeeeeemmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee boredom and hence helping out around here and chatting on here. I actually had only 1000+ prior to the summer, then summer hit and I got reallllll bored real fast so started posting a tons on here.

It was funny...
I took it in Aug 2004.. and I also retook it in Aug 2005...
But boredom has not dominated me or else you have to watch out if I become you..

Members don't see this ad :)
JustR said:
It was funny...
I took it in Aug 2004.. and I also retook it in Aug 2005...
But boredom has not dominated me or else you have to watch out if I become you..

Probably because your summer was filled with studying!!!!!!!!! :D :D

GujuDOc CanadianPre-Med maybe was trying say that SIGN UP for the THX systeem online, so you can see your scores early.. Mail takes a while...

https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/ I think the web uses the same Password and the username as AMCAS i am not sure. orelse you can sign up for it.

Yeah!!! the summer was different.. studying and lot more...
I think boredom has started to dominate me!!!

yipeee for guju starting the countdown!!!! :D good luck everyone, i hope everyone meets their goals :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

30 or more less minutes left in the countdown then

In regards to signing up for THX, there is no need to do that, because when you registered to take the MCAT you already did that.

To sign onto the THX system, you just type in your username and password you used to sign up for the MCAT. That same username and password should be the one you use for your official AMCAS too.

:luck: to all of you all.

I thought the same, but it wasn't so! :)

gujuDoc said:
In regards to signing up for THX, there is no need to do that, because when you registered to take the MCAT you already did that.

To sign onto the THX system, you just type in your username and password you used to sign up for the MCAT. That same username and password should be the one you use for your official AMCAS too.

:luck: to all of you all.

MCAT… registration and AMCAS registrations are different.
However, I think first AMCAS and THX are common.
For the MCAT each time, a person take the exam, he/she sign up with different IDs I believe.
they started this weirdo this year I think

JustR said:
MCAT… registration and AMCAS registrations are different.
However, I think first AMCAS and THX are common.
For the MCAT each time, a person take the exam, he/she sign up with different IDs I believe.
they started this weirdo this year I think

When I reregistered for the MCAT, the only thing I changed was that I lowercased my old Username. When I typed it into THX, it worked out and showed both my old and new scores.

I don't know though.......I'd try both your old and new registration thingy and see what happens or call the AAMC office.

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
:laugh: :laugh:

No I took it in August 04 and then retook in April 05. :D :D :D

As per the toooooooooo many posts, though no where near Mushy in number yet, well that has to do with exttttttreeeeeeeemmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee boredom and hence helping out around here and chatting on here. I actually had only 1000+ prior to the summer, then summer hit and I got reallllll bored real fast so started posting a tons on here.

extreme boredom in tampa bay, florida?? you can literally run to the beaches!! and maybe once a year go hurricane hunting to get that adrenaline rush that everyone needs. ;)

CanadianPre-Med said:
I thought the same, but it wasn't so! :)

hahah i thought i was the only one who's obsessing soo much with my score that i actually signed up for thx.. hahah.. good to know that i'mnot the only one... i love sdn... i'm officially addicted to sdn... :D

Originally posted by sweetstuff25
extreme boredom in tampa bay, florida?? you can literally run to the beaches!! and maybe once a year go hurricane hunting to get that adrenaline rush that everyone needs.

no, no, no more hurricanes! last year i was without power for a total of 2 weeks (i live in central florida, we got hit with 3 of em)!! although it was exciting to 2 miss over a week of school :cool: , the professors DEFINITELY made up for lost time! :p but i do LOVE the beaches!!!

hey guju how r the beaches in tampa? ive been to tampa quite a bit, but never to the beaches over there.

Regarding the confusion, people who aren't applying this year or haven't registered with amcas in previous years will have to sign up for Thx because they have no aamc ID. Those of us who have registered in order to take a look at the amcas, or who have actually submitted the amcas, are automatically in the system.

frany584 said:
no, no, no more hurricanes! last year i was without power for a total of 2 weeks (i live in central florida, we got hit with 3 of em)!! although it was exciting to 2 miss over a week of school :cool: , the professors DEFINITELY made up for lost time! :p but i do LOVE the beaches!!!

hey guju how r the beaches in tampa? ive been to tampa quite a bit, but never to the beaches over there.

Just to clarify, NO BEACHES IN TAMPA!!!!!!

Closest beach = Clearwater or St. Pete or Bradenton/Sarasota are where the new DO school LECOM is located at.

Now A-man has got it good, he's got beaches galore near him!!!!! :D :D

Most beautiful Florida Beaches = Siest Key, Miami beaches, Pensacola beaches, and Daytona beaches.

I, however, don't like the beach too much. I like riding over the skyway to look at the water from the car, but hate going to the beach itself.

NapeSpikes said:
Regarding the confusion, people who aren't applying this year or haven't registered with amcas in previous years will have to sign up for Thx because they have no aamc ID. Those of us who have registered in order to take a look at the amcas, or who have actually submitted the amcas, are automatically in the system.

Maybe that is why I'm ok. Even though I'm not applying, I've created an AMCAS id because I was contemplating applying last year in 04. Makes more sense now. Thanks for clearing up.

NapeSpikes said:

I was trying to say the same thing earlier, but my words and thoughts were not clear. thanks, NapeSpikes!!!!

I'm taking 3 science classes and 2 other classes this fall. I don't feel anxious about my scores and hopefully I will be too busy to get that way at least until the week of October 20th.

stoleyerscrubz said:
you did not take the August 2005 MCAT?

No, although I will retake one more time in April cuz my stupid daaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeedddddddd verbal score, I got high enough to get in the SMP program at my university. So for now, I'm ok with my score and I did not want to ruin my last chance.

On top of that, I also did not want to deal with the stress this summer. I had enough of it in April. So instead I played the role of the supportive friend to my friend here at USF, who retook it in August 05. I'm hoping she broke 30, as she did on her last diag, because then she wouldn't even need to go through AMCAS since she'd meet the 7 year med requirements.

Don't you sleep!! what's this 7 year med requirement?
gujuDoc said:
I'm hoping she broke 30, as she did on her last diag, because then she wouldn't even need to go through AMCAS since she'd meet the 7 year med requirements.

stoleyerscrubz said:
Don't you sleep!! what's this 7 year med requirement?

Yeah I sleep. My friend is in the 7 year, BS/MD program, but she needs to maintain a 3.7 and 30 MCAT to be able to stay in the program. She came very close to it on her diags and broke 30+ on one of them, but we'll see what happens. She's one of my future roommate's too. Like a sister to me, so I helped her since she is real close to me.

i can just imagine the interview: "So, what did you do after the MCAT?"
"Well, I posted in forums and counted the seconds until my MCAT score came 2 months later.....er....I mean I did lots of volunteer work!!"

Scewby Doo 1973 said:
"Well, I posted in forums and counted the seconds until my MCAT score came 2 months later.....er....I mean I did lots of volunteer work!!"

HAHAHAHA... :D :D :D ... i am starting to look for volunteering stuff to do until the scores come out..

Scewby Doo 1973 said:

Actually, I volunteer at a hospital but they only have one day available where I can volunteer because the other time slots in that particular department are full. Also, I do undergrad research, but there's a lot of down time in which I have to wait while things dry for like half an hour sometimes, so that means the only thing to do while waiting is get on the computer as I am right now.

I tried to get volunteer work at a couple of other places and looked for medically related jobs, but finding a good job is sooooooooo freaking hard to do.

gujuDoc said:
Actually, I volunteer at a hospital but they only have one day available where I can volunteer because the other time slots in that particular department are full. Also, I do undergrad research, but there's a lot of down time in which I have to wait while things dry for like half an hour sometimes, so that means the only thing to do while waiting is get on the computer as I am right now.

I tried to get volunteer work at a couple of other places and looked for medically related jobs, but finding a good job is sooooooooo freaking hard to do.

of course--my post was not intended to be a realistic judgement. i know everyone is working hard. i was just being light-hearted :)

i'm glad i'm not the only one counting down - all of my other friends that wrote it just seem to be over it completely.

i'm still having dreams of sleeping in and missing the mcat (just last night) :eek:

Scewby Doo 1973 said:
of course--my post was not intended to be a realistic judgement. i know everyone is working hard. i was just being light-hearted :)

I know I know. I was just saying. :D ;) :laugh:

mandy_848 said:
i'm glad i'm not the only one counting down - all of my other friends that wrote it just seem to be over it completely.

i'm still having dreams of sleeping in and missing the mcat (just last night) :eek:

I felt this way in May and early June. So welcome to the post MCAT neuroses club. :D ;)

You guys need to stop worrying. Its over now just be happy about that. Just cram all the worrying in the week of Oct. 13th. Enjoy the summer finally since you don't have to study until school starts.

white_rabbit said:
You guys need to stop worrying. Its over now just be happy about that. Just cram all the worrying in the week of Oct. 13th. Enjoy the summer finally since you don't have to study until school starts.

Which is like in 3 days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Arsenic810 said:
this happened to me back in march after the back to back neuroscience/gross anatomy of the head and neck finals

weird...... but i'm sure its normal after periods of high stress

I think so too. Its because you do something so intensely, that it almost becomes second nature to get up and live this routine, that when its over you are like.........whoa what do we do now. You feel relieved, yet drained at the same time. It gives a weird feeling because studying so intensely for that test becomes a routine habit, that it feels weird when you let go.

Its like if you were to drive a certain route all of a sudden and then moved within walking distance to where you needed to be in the morning. It would feel weird because the routine nature you were used to.

Counting down! I can't wait until scores come out! I'm hoping my third time will be the charm! good luck, everyone! :luck:

I kept waking up from an MCAT dream - it was the night before, and I was studying and freaking out that there was so little time before the MCAt and so much more to learn, reciting different mnemonics - then I'd wake up, realizing its been a week, relieved, I fall back to sleep only to go through it again. Pretty ground hog, wouldn't you say?

I think the worst dream I had was about me somehow not getting back to the test after the lunch break. In the dream, for some reason I decided to go home (my house is actually 15 minutes from my school which is where I took the test). Well, I told my parents how I totally screwed up the PS and VR sections, and before I knew it, 45 minutes had gone by. So I'm rushing to get back to the test center and Murphy's law was in full effect. There were ducks in the middle of the road, 18 wheelers on neighborhood streets, and then I realized I was out of gas. Before I broke down in tears of anguish, my alarm clock went off and I woke up in a rush to get down to my school. Needless to say, I beat the proctors to the room, and when lunch time came around, I made sure to stay within walking distance of the testing center. Funny thing is that I told one of my friends this dream before the test started, and he ended up making it back to the second half of the test seconds before the proctor began to hand out the booklets for the WS. He thought I jinxed him, I say I gave him unearthly warning ;)

When I took it in April, I dreamed that I got a 13 total on the MCAT. That had me freaking out. But luckily I did a lot higher then that.

When I took it in August 04, I had a dream that my friends had all gotten their scores, but mine were not available.

In particular, I dreamed this one girl got a 33N. She didn't do that well, but that was what my dream said she got. I think that was sparked by my thinking about how that girl's best friend got a 31S

I think my dream from after the April exam was sparked by me thinking about my score from August 04.

Oh and I know someone who got to the test center literally minutes before they started because she woke up late. Luckily she lived in the dorms, so she was close by.

gujuDoc said:
Guess what peeeeeeeeeeeeepz

You got 53 days left. One week down, and 7 weeks to go. :D

you are hereby tasked with providing daily updates, thats what you signed up for as the OP of the countdown thread... failure to do so will cause this thread to de-sticky ;)

this post will self delete in 15 seconds....

*EDIT* ok, maybe not :D

Arsenic810 said:
you are hereby tasked with providing daily updates, thats what you signed up for as the OP of the countdown thread... failure to do so will cause this thread to de-sticky ;)

this post will self delete in 15 seconds....

*EDIT* ok, maybe not :D

don't worry, i'll keep it updated every night at 12 in the A.M. :) :p ;)

muawahahahahaha

Arsenic810 said:
was that an evil laugh? :eek:

is there something you're not telling us guju?

Evil laugh it is. :D

I'm just messing with you!!!!!! No secrets. I promise ;) ;)

I'm getting fidgety about my scores. I think Im going paranoid........................................... :eek:

gujuDoc said:
Evil laugh it is. :D

I'm just messing with you!!!!!! No secrets. I promise ;) ;)

I spy secrets guju that you know the MCAT scores ahead of time... just Kidding around waiting for MCAT scores..
Continue Counting Down,

Status
Not open for further replies.