Official Cardiology Fellowship 2021-2022 Season, AMG, IMG, DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do programs care about board certification? i took time off after residency so decided to delay the exam for this year .. my exam is on monday but I am so sick.. the center told me that i can't come if i am still symptomatic.. :(.. i just want to take it and get it over with.. is it worse to fail the test or delay is by 2 years?? :unsure: Any ideas?

Last edited:
don't think so, thousands of applicants who are applying are still in residency, so who cares about board certifications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Historically speaking, does anyone know how many interviews would secure the match? I've heard various responses but sounded like 8 interviews would be good to match somewhere. I only got 3 so far. So nervous about the unpredictable outcome. COVID-19 really screws everything up. Arghh!!!

Reminder to people using the spreadsheet: Please be thoughtful of others and avoid deleting content. I have put a lot of effort into making this spreadsheet for our convenience and knowledge. Thank you.

Michigan still has more than half of programs with no info regarding IV on spreadsheet. Any update on those?

Any updates from my DO colleagues on how the interview season is going?

Reactions: 1 user
Hate to bump this thread but any DOs match in cards in the west coast ? Looking for advice

Hi all. New here, but have been following for a while. Thanks for all the helpful information! I, unfortunately, didn't match into cardiology this year. I have the option of either doing a chief year or working as an academic hospitalist at a large university.

If I do chief year I'll be applying again next year. I have some research underway and hoping to get at least one manuscript published before next application cycle. If I do the hospitalist job, I probably won't apply again until I get a green card (2-3 years), however, there will be ample opportunity to engage in research and likely have several manuscripts published during that time. Any thoughts on which route will be looked at more favorably for future applications? Thanks in advance!

Hi all. New here, but have been following for a while. Thanks for all the helpful information! I, unfortunately, didn't match into cardiology this year. I have the option of either doing a chief year or working as an academic hospitalist at a large university.

If I do chief year I'll be applying again next year. I have some research underway and hoping to get at least one manuscript published before next application cycle. If I do the hospitalist job, I probably won't apply again until I get a green card (2-3 years), however, there will be ample opportunity to engage in research and likely have several manuscripts published during that time. Any thoughts on which route will be looked at more favorably for future applications? Thanks in advance!
Chief year.