*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2011-2012*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I attended two different campuses of the same college (they are listed as two different entities on AMCAS):

STLCC - Forest Park
STLCC - Meramec

However the official transcript sent from Meramec contains information from both campuses. The Forest Park credit is NOT listed as transfer. Basically, the transcript from Forest Park is the same as the one from Meramec. I called the AMCAS number and was told that one transcript would suffice.

Today I submitted the form and the status is stuck on "waiting for transcripts" because the Forest Park transcript is apparently not received. What gives?

Members don't see this ad.

Just realized I marked decline to respond for ethnicity. Does it matter? I did correctly put down my race and primary language so no one would mistake me for anything else.

Hey guys does the character limit (700 for each activity and 4,500 for the PS) include spaces or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will my AMCAS application be processed and verified without an MCAT score???
And when MCAT score is in, will it be automatically updated?

Yes and Yes. You can submit your AMCAS without your MCAT score, you just have to indicate the date during which you are planning on taking it. The score will be automatically entered when it is available.

Yes and Yes. You can submit your AMCAS without your MCAT score, you just have to indicate the date during which you are planning on taking it. The score will be automatically entered when it is available.
Will my application be processed, though, or will it be put on hold until the scores are in?

Will my application be processed, though, or will it be put on hold until the scores are in?

Yes, your application will be verified by AMCAS without an MCAT score. The verification process is basically just a comparison of your transcripts with the courses/grades that you entered yourself to ensure that they match, not much more is done beyond that.

Sorry if this has been asked before (I couldn't find it), what if you have already taken the mcat before, but received a bad score. I am planning to retake at the end of June and therefore won't receive scores till end of July. In order for me to get verified, will I need to submit my mcat scores from last year??? Or can I wait as if I have not written the mcat before and submit both scores once my June scores come out??
I just don't want my last year score to be out there as if that is what I am applying with. Has anyone been in this situation??
I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before (I couldn't find it), what if you have already taken the mcat before, but received a bad score. I am planning to retake at the end of June and therefore won't receive scores till end of July. In order for me to get verified, will I need to submit my mcat scores from last year??? Or can I wait as if I have not written the mcat before and submit both scores once my June scores come out??
I just don't want my last year score to be out there as if that is what I am applying with. Has anyone been in this situation??
I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
There is a spot on the AMCAS application where you can indicate future test dates. Just put down your upcoming date and most every school will wait to review your app until they get your new score.

There isn't a way to hide past MCAT scores though.

There is a spot on the AMCAS application where you can indicate future test dates. Just put down your upcoming date and most every school will wait to review your app until they get your new score.

There isn't a way to hide past MCAT scores though.

Oh ok, so there is a function in the app to let them know to wait. Would you say this is the way to go or should I wait to get verified AFTER getting my second score?
Basically, is it for sure that they will wait until the other mcat score comes out to make a decision?
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Oh ok, so there is a function in the app to let them know to wait. Would you say this is the way to go or should I wait to get verified AFTER getting my second score?
Basically, is it for sure that they will wait until the other mcat score comes out to make a decision?
Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.
It's a very common strategy to apply before you get your score back so schools pretty much know to wait. You could try to time it so that you get verified around the same time as your score is released (which would probably mean submitting your application at about the same time as you take the MCAT) but I don' think I'd even worry about it if I were you.

It's a very common strategy to apply before you get your score back so schools pretty much know to wait. You could try to time it so that you get verified around the same time as your score is released (which would probably mean submitting your application at about the same time as you take the MCAT) but I don' think I'd even worry about it if I were you.

Alright thank you for your help!!

So I just got an official transcript from my school in order to prepare for the upcoming application cycle, and I had a quick question.

For lab classes, my transcript lists the lecture as 4 credits and the grade, and then there is a separate entry for "Lab for ____" with no grade and 0 credits. I know I will have to check the box for the lecture entry stating there is a lab component, but do I also add in the "and Lab" designation to the lecture entry as stated on page 39 of the AMCAS student instruction manual (from 2012)?

I found the below post while searching the forums, but I am still a little confused. The instruction manual says to add the "and Lab" designation if the lab credit is included in the lecture course credit, which technically coincides with my case. I just don't want to duplicate anything.

Your guide should be, for the most part, "what is verifiable by looking at my transcript?" Since you have two separate line items for lecture and lab, the lecture would be designated "lecture only" and the lab would be designated "lab only." If you designated the lecture entry as "lecture + lab," then that could be construed as having two lab credits. (Whether or not it actually would be viewed as such is separate matter.) The instruction manual would also imply, though it's not directly stated (I don't have the ability to check what the online help says at the moment), that "lecture + lab" would only be used if you don't have a separate line item in your transcript indicating that you have taken a lab course.

Status
Not open for further replies.