*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2016-2017 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You didn't miss anything...? But thank you for the topic!
I meant as far as the essay prompt. Looks pretty straight forward!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have to send your scores to AMCAS as well I mean do you have to do the same thing for sending to the MD application...

Waiitttt what do you mean send you mcat score from AMCAS to AACOMAS??? How do you do that?

Oh crud I just realized I had to send them to aacomas from AAMC MCAT page.....will this slow down my app a lot?

I was verified, entered all my MCAT scores into AACOMAS and provided my AAMC ID....What do you mean send MCAT scores from AMCAS to AACOMAS? If I'm verified does that mean all schools have my MCAT scores?

In AAMC in the my mcat scores section, click on reports and then click send score electronically. Then select the institutions to send to (AMCAS, TMDSAS, AACOMAS etc). Simple to do and they don't charge.

Just make sure your AAMC ID is registered to your AACOMAS/TMDSAS/AMCAS account.

Members don't see this ad :)
secondary received from CCOM

Submitted 6/9 -> Verified today!

NICE!. Mind sharing stats and what the prompt is?

3.3, 506

Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should CCOM accept you into this year's class?

They're also asking to upload a CV

HEY GUYS ... do i have to create my letters of recommendation requests BEFORE I SUBMIT or can I create them after I submit???

does the amount of time it takes for you to get a secondary correlate to your chances? or if you haven't received any by opening day or tomorrow even though you submitted very early?

Hey guys, I got my transcripts verified by AACOMAS on June 16th and I had everything received and processed on June 9th, so right about now the turnaround time is about 5 business days for anyone waiting on transcript verification

Members don't see this ad :)
I might just be overanalyzing... I have completed my application and I am just matching my prereqs to the programs. A lot of the DO schools say MCAT scores taken three years ago are okay. I took mine in May 2014..Is that okay because by the time I get into a school and attend it would be August 2017??
Thanks in advance.
Yes it is okay.

2 questions:
1. Does the order in which you enter activities matter? Does AACOMAS reorder them to be chronological like in AMCAS?
2. How do you know when to shorten class names? When I hit preview transcript, the entire course name doesn't show up, but I can click on the box with the name and scroll to see the full name.

Thanks!

1. I don't think it matters. Unless you want it to look pretty. AACOMAS does not reorder them after verfication.
2. You shouldn't shorten the class names. The preview is a preview for a reason - it does not show everything. Your full course name will still be visible in the app.

Hope this helped!

Hello! I took a 3 part class called "Leadership & Institution" . The course objectives are as follows:
-Enhance the educational value of your CUIP internship by ensuring that you reflect on the context for, the goals of, and the potential impact of your project activities and its outcomes.
• Develop your communication and leadership skills in the context of your internship and through collaboration with your CUIP colleagues.
• Develop an understanding of the complexities and context of UCSC as an institution.
• Develop an understanding of how your projects contribute to UCSC’s mission and effectiveness.

And the description is:
Through lectures by senior administrators and student consensus-and-recommendation teams, students learn how leaders work with constituent groups, build cooperation, and develop implementation plans in an institution such as the University of California, specifically, UC Santa Cruz.

How should I list this classify this course? I can't think of any of the options that this works for...except maybe "Management"

Management can work, or you can put Communication. A good reference is to look at the course abbreviation, it can tell you the broader subject. If it is neither communication or management related, I would put Special Topics.

Question here: Freshman year I got in trouble for having empty booze bottles in my dorm. I had to have a meeting with my hall's RA and go to an alcohol safety class. I was placed this behavior probation type thing saying if I got caught again I would actually be in trouble for real. I was told this wouldn't be on my records since I passed my probation thing and it was my 1st and only offense but honestly I don't really remember since this was 6ish years ago now. I didn't report this on my app but is this actually an IA?

If you answer yes to this question below, then you must report it, despite it not being in your records.
Have you ever been disciplined for student conduct violations (e.g. academic probation, dismissal, suspension, disqualification, etc.) by any college or school?

I don't know if behavior probation is similar to academic probation in some way. Probably the question asks if you had to go through the student conduct office or something similar for what you have done.

Hope this helps!

I made a mistake on my application by grossly estimating number of hours in order to save the experience and had forgot to return to it to correct it prior to submitting. Does anyone have any experience correcting their application after it has been submitted and verified?

You personally cannot correct the experience after submitting. Maybe contact the AACOMAS office?
Customer Service Phone: (617) 612-2889 Open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm EST.
Customer Service Email: [email protected]

1. I don't think it matters. Unless you want it to look pretty. AACOMAS does not reorder them after verfication.
2. You shouldn't shorten the class names. The preview is a preview for a reason - it does not show everything. Your full course name will still be visible in the app.

Hope this helped!
Thanks!

How do you know if AACOMAS received your official MCAT scores? Does it specifically say somewhere?

sorry if this was already answered, but in order to move forward from the "verifying" status, do only the transcripts and mcat scores need to be submitted? or is it not verified until AACOMAs receives the letter of recs/committee letter as well? thanks!

It's my understanding that LORs are not required for verification!

How do you know if AACOMAS received your official MCAT scores? Does it specifically say somewhere?

if you submitted and go to check status and hit the arrow on standardized tests it should list the scores you inputed and the date aacomas received them

sorry if this was already answered, but in order to move forward from the "verifying" status, do only the transcripts and mcat scores need to be submitted? or is it not verified until AACOMAs receives the letter of recs/committee letter as well? thanks!
Your MCAT score and LOR are not required to be verified, they only need your transcript

Dumb question, do I need to wait until AACOMAS shows all my letters as Accepted before submitting my secondary apps? Or can I submit the 2nd without all the letters and then it will automatically update when the letter comes in?

I know you can't change your application once your submit it, but can you still add stuff or will you have to send each school a separate emailing what it is you wanted to add? Anyone know? @Goro

ImageUploadedBySDN1466465501.285616.jpg

Is this the way the "verifying" screen should look? I've had a significant amount of technical issues (on AACOMAS' side) about receiving and verifying my apps. I just want to make sure this is the way it should look before my application is delayed even further.

Why the heck does it say "verifying 1/1"!? I have two transcripts!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

View attachment 205255

Is this the way the "verifying" screen should look? I've had a significant amount of technical issues (on AACOMAS' side) about receiving and verifying my apps. I just want to make sure this is the way it should look before my application is delayed even further.

Why the heck does it say "verifying 1/1"!? I have two transcripts!

That means that you only have 1 that's arrived. I would check to make sure the school even sent the other.

That means that you only have 1 that's arrived. I would check to make sure the school even sent the other.

Both of them have arrived. It was a weird technical glitch where they marked both transcripts as having been from one school. I thought they fixed it. My god

I was verified today, and I tried to add two new programs... However, the system won't allow me to click on "Pay for programs" Anyone know why this might be? Should I just call and see what's up, or can you not add programs once you have submitted and been verified?

I was verified today, and I tried to add two new programs... However, the system won't allow me to click on "Pay for programs" Anyone know why this might be? Should I just call and see what's up, or can you not add programs once you have submitted and been verified?
You need to go under requirements for each program and all the classes manually and you should be able to pay and submit after that. The same thing happened to me and that was what i did

Reactions: 1 users
You need to go under requirements for each program and all the classes manually and you should be able to pay and submit after that. The same thing happened to me and that was what i did
Thanks! That did the trick!

do you mind sharing when you submitted? mine is still verifying and I'm trying to figure out the wait timeline

do you mind sharing when you submitted? mine is still verifying and I'm trying to figure out the wait timeline

Sure thing! I submitted 06/09, and then was verified 06/20 in the afternoon. I was getting antsy too, but it looks like ~2 weeks normal for this time!

Quick question:

I was verified in May and am applying to an additional school now... Do I have to get re-verified? It says "awaiting materials" to the new school and it has a "verified" step after that which isn't highlighted yet.

So my question is.. Do I have to be re-verified?...

Quick question:

I was verified in May and am applying to an additional school now... Do I have to get re-verified? It says "awaiting materials" to the new school and it has a "verified" step after that which isn't highlighted yet.

So my question is.. Do I have to be re-verified?...

I would call them. Something similar happened to me and it turned out to be a technical issue on their end. I still haven't figured out what the heck is going on over there.

I would call them. Something similar happened to me and it turned out to be a technical issue on their end. I still haven't figured out what the heck is going on over there.

It ended up working.. It just took a couple minutes to go through I guess.

Dumb question, do I need to wait until AACOMAS shows all my letters as Accepted before submitting my secondary apps? Or can I submit the 2nd without all the letters and then it will automatically update when the letter comes in?

bumping this for an answer

Also a dumb question, I haven't taken my MCAT yet, that will be in August. Should I wait to submit my primary application until I have my scores in September? With a relatively low GPA will it hurt me to submit it now? I guess I'm wondering if they look at your application before they have all the material or if they just put you aside until the scores come in.

Other thing similar to above, will letters of recommendation be requested with secondary applications? I know most schools have specific requests for letters so I'm wondering if I need all the possible letters in my primary app or if I'm going to have to send specific letters out again.

Also a dumb question, I haven't taken my MCAT yet, that will be in August. Should I wait to submit my primary application until I have my scores in September? With a relatively low GPA will it hurt me to submit it now? I guess I'm wondering if they look at your application before they have all the material or if they just put you aside until the scores come in.

Other thing similar to above, will letters of recommendation be requested with secondary applications? I know most schools have specific requests for letters so I'm wondering if I need all the possible letters in my primary app or if I'm going to have to send specific letters out again.
Yes, all possible LORs in primary app. So far, the schools that were super specific just had me designate in their secondary which letters met these requirements (ie. What's the name of the DO you shadowed and wrote you a LOR).

There is two schools thought on submitting without MCAT...i did, and I did well on my MCAT, so it was fine. If you do this, only submit to one school so if you did poorly on MCAT you'd only be a re-applicant to that school. Most reccomend a lower "tier" / a new school.

Early submission is beneficial as it will get all of your app processed (most namely your transcripts -> official GPA).

Hey everyone. So I've just been checking off classes to meet the minimums for schools in the prerequisites. Are we supposed to include as many classes as we can? Or are the minimums fine?

I received a secondary from LECOM today and I know I only checked off the minimums for them. I have only submitted to 3 schools so far.

Hey everyone. So I've just been checking off classes to meet the minimums for schools in the prerequisites. Are we supposed to include as many classes as we can? Or are the minimums fine?

I received a secondary from LECOM today and I know I only checked off the minimums for them. I have only submitted to 3 schools so far.

mind sharing the LECOM secondary topic?

Did you use the AIS?

hey guys! quick question: I have to retake a course this fall but I want to submit my primary asap since I am taking my MCAT in August. Should I just submit my application now and update the schools on my new grade once I have received it?

I can't believe this one class messed up my gpa that much :/.