*~*~* Official AACOMAS Questions Thread 2013-2014 *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all. I just got my primary verified yesterday but when I took a look at my grades, my future/planned courses disappear. Are future courses only suppose to show up on the release report for each individual schools or did AACOMAS deleted them? I'm starting PCOM's postbac this Fall and was just curious thanks.

When did you submit your primary and how did it take you to be verified? I submitted mine last week and wondering how long it'll take to be verified. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey for anyone who added updated transcripts how long did it take for you to see an updated gpa after the transcripts were marked as recieved?

to add to this question, do you just send the transcript to AACOMAS, or is it a good/bad idea to also send the transcript to each school as an update or something?

to add to this question, do you just send the transcript to AACOMAS, or is it a good/bad idea to also send the transcript to each school as an update or something?

I think you just need to add it to the primary but since this is my first time apply through the AACOMAS, I don't have experience in the matter. The schools will most likely get the updated primary sometime later (I don't know how long).

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit your primary and how did it take you to be verified? I submitted mine last week and wondering how long it'll take to be verified. Thanks!

I submitted back in July 15th so almost a month.

The AACOMAS instructions booklet states the following:

"Awards, such as Dean’s List should be entered only once in this section. For example, an applicant who makes the Dean’s List each term should enter this only once, AND ALSO note in the extracurricular section that this occurred multiple times. This will give you the opportunity to enter a date span and an explanation that you received this award numerous times. "

I've already entered the first instance of the honor roll I received in the Awards section. So, my question is how should I enter the other instances in the ECs section? Can someone provide me with an example please? I'm particularly confused as to what to enter into the "Position Title" field. Do I put "Honor Roll"? And, what do I put for "Average Weekly Hours" for instance? These are the things I'm a bit confused about.

Hey for anyone who added updated transcripts how long did it take for you to see an updated gpa after the transcripts were marked as recieved?

I would really like the answer to this as well. I just submitted my new summer semester transcripts to AACOMAS. I am holding on filling a few secondaries so to time it with the release of my mew GPA..help!

I know this answer is somewhere but I can't seem to find it. If I want to add schools before my application is verified, will it restart the clock as far as verification goes? Will I have to wait another month if I want to add schools now?

How long does it take for an application to be released to schools after it is verified?

Usually it is released the Wednesday after it is verified, and the next day (Thursday) it will update on aacomas that it has been released.

Ex. I was verified on 7/18, my app was released on 7/24, and on aacomas it shows that my app was "officially" released on 7/25 (mind you I had already started receiving secondaries on 7/24).

Usually it is released the Wednesday after it is verified, and the next day (Thursday) it will update on aacomas that it has been released.

Ex. I was verified on 7/18, my app was released on 7/24, and on aacomas it shows that my app was "officially" released on 7/25 (mind you I had already started receiving secondaries on 7/24).

Hello Heisenberg

How can you tell when your application has been released? I was verified on Saturday and my status still says "Submitted to AACOMAS". Will that change to "released" or will dates just start appearing beside the school names?

hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but when i go to "view application summary", the things i wrote for my work and activities doesn't show up. is this normal or is there something up w/my application? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but when i go to "view application summary", the things i wrote for my work and activities doesn't show up. is this normal or is there something up w/my application? thanks!

Don't worry, it's completely normal. It's only supposed to organization names, position titles, hours, and dates.

If I make changes to my volunteer hours (I made a mistake on one activity), will this correction be automatically updated for the schools I applied to?

Hi, I was wondering where can I see the calculated gpa after my application has been verified?

how do you update and send new info on aacomas after getting new mcat scores? i updated on aacomas but how do i send it out to schools again?

So I just completed a summer class, and the final grades were just posted. My problem is, I've already sent/completed secondaries to most of the schools I've applied to. Is there a way to update my academic record at each school? Do I need to send AACOMAS an updated transcript, as well as contact each school?

Thank you!

I believe you just send updated transcripts to AACOMAS and they will automatically update the schools.

I was in the same boat, all you have to do is send the updated transcript. AACOMAS will recalculate your GPA's and then sends out the updated application on Tuesdays

Do I need to send a new transcript request form thing too? Thanks!

Last edited:
90% sure I read this on here, but ....

My application is essentially ready to go. I'm making some (very) minor tweaks to my personal statement. If I submit my application can I edit my personal statement while it's getting verified? I'd probably do this with my activities as well. At this point it seems it's going to take a month to get verified.

I was in the same boat, all you have to do is send the updated transcript. AACOMAS will recalculate your GPA's and then sends out the updated application on Tuesdays

How long does this normally take? My update transcript was marked as received a week ago, but my gpa hasn't been re-calculated yet.

90% sure I read this on here, but ....

My application is essentially ready to go. I'm making some (very) minor tweaks to my personal statement. If I submit my application can I edit my personal statement while it's getting verified? I'd probably do this with my activities as well. At this point it seems it's going to take a month to get verified.

Any help on this? I just read the AACOMAS PDF and couldn't find anything in it. I'd like to submit tonight if at all possible. The little tweaks and edits in my PS could hold me up for another 4-5 days. :oops:

Any help on this? I just read the AACOMAS PDF and couldn't find anything in it. I'd like to submit tonight if at all possible. The little tweaks and edits in my PS could hold me up for another 4-5 days. :oops:

I know for a fact you can edit your PS, but I'm not 100% sure on activities. I'm pretty sure you can though. But I know about the PS for sure because I personally tweaked a few words.

I know for a fact you can edit your PS, but I'm not 100% sure on activities. I'm pretty sure you can though. But I know about the PS for sure because I personally tweaked a few words.

I have just submitted it. You can in fact edit PS, activities, etc. :thumbup:

Will tweaking it delay our verification process?

I don't believe so, but if I find out otherwise I'll let you know.

It looks like it will take about a month for verification. I'll have everything on there finalized within the week. I certainly don't want to make any altercations after it is verified.

I don't believe so, but if I find out otherwise I'll let you know.

It looks like it will take about a month for verification. I'll have everything on there finalized within the week. I certainly don't want to make any altercations after it is verified.

True. I submitted back on August 3rd and tried to fix it on the same day as I saw a few errors. I was worried that it would put me back. So I should be verified soon then!

Btw do any of you guys know how to nudge our letter writer to write our letter? Still waiting for my DO to write mine...

How long does this normally take? My update transcript was marked as received a week ago, but my gpa hasn't been re-calculated yet.

I would give them a call tomorrow to see what's going on. Maybe they are a little slow with the holiday weekend.

I made an error entering semester hours while completing the application. Should I email AACOMAS and let them know or will they correct the error themselves. If you recommend the former, do you think processing of my application will be further delayed? Thanks.

My AACOMAS has been processing since 7/30... When should I start worrying?

There are people who submitted in June and didn't get verified till August, so I would say you still have a lot more time. Especially since you submitted during a peak app period

Any August submissions been verified yet?

Just got verified, submitted 7/29, all transcripts received 8/3!

This. I submitted August 3, and have been checking my email compulsively all day. Maybe tomorrow will be our day.

It should be soon, I received an email at almost 9:00 tonight, I didn't know they went out that late in the day. I had given up for today and was going to start obsessively checking again in the morning.
Hopefully yours will be verified soon.
Good luck!

Aug 26 submission here. How long am I in for?

Hi all, my application got verified by yesterday. I need to update on work/activities section. I am not sure if I can add more because when I submitted the application, it is said I was not allowed to edit anything after submission. Is it correct?
If I can still update on my application, how will it affect my application status and release date to schools? Is there any addition fees?
After I do the update, I just need to click on "save and continue" instead of "pay and submit" button?

thanks,

I was verified a long time ago and I think I linked my AAMC ID to AACOMAS several months ago, but I want to make sure. I received my mcat scores a week ago and sent primaries to a bunch of schools, but they still say pending transaction. I don't understand because I thought they were supposed to update on Tuesday. When I got my MCAT scores I just sent them from MCAT Thx...is there any other magical/convoluted thing I have to do in order to make sure AACOMAS has my AAMC ID? I checked AACOMAS and they definitely have my scores there, but I don't know about the AAMC ID.

Does anyone know what happens if I edit my personal statement after my application is submitted, but before it is verified?

Does anyone know what happens if I edit my personal statement after my application is submitted, but before it is verified?

Nothing. You'll be fine. It won't delay your verification process as I was told.