Official 8/5/09 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radhika

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

August 5th is comming up soon! 2 months away!!! hope everyone has started reviewing!

This will be my third and final time...the first time i was expecting a lowins score and got a 24...the second time i was hitting 28 on the practice tests from aamc (practice tests 8,9 and 10)....but totally blew it on the exam and got a 22....so i have 1 FINAL shot....im not too nervous because i do know most of the material......thats my story!

good luck everyone!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
am sick to my stomach......i have dreamt anywhere from 18-33. God pls give me the score that will get me in:) it only takes one acceptance

i got drunk last night so i didnt have any mcat dreams (that i can remember!). if your anxious, go drink (if your older than 21 of course) dont get sick though

happy early labor day 8/5'ers

I checked AAMC again. Why do I torture myself everyday? If Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a differant result, then I am truely insane.

Two days to go and I will in Philadelphia Tuesday on business, appearing in federal court. How can I argue my case and keep my mind on the legal issues of my client with this on my mind?

I hope the courthouse has wireless access. I'll be checking ever hour. Gosh, this wait is terrible.

Best wishes to everyone. :xf:

I checked AAMC again. Why do I torture myself everyday? If Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a differant result, then I am truely insane.

Two days to go and I will in Philadelphia Tuesday on business, appearing in federal court. How can I argue my case and keep my mind on the legal issues of my client with this on my mind?

I hope the courthouse has wireless access. I'll be checking ever hour. Gosh, this wait is terrible.

Best wishes to everyone. :xf:

do you remember the episode of 'the office' called "the deposition"?...you can pull a michael scott and keep saying you have to go to the bathroom...or just say 'that's what she said' and confuse everyone :laugh::laugh:

the other option is just to stand there and say "my clients guilty, lets get his sentance over with and go home":D

do you remember the episode of 'the office' called "the deposition"?...you can pull a michael scott and keep saying you have to go to the bathroom...or just say 'that's what she said' and confuse everyone :laugh::laugh:

the other option is just to stand there and say "my clients guilty, lets get his sentance over with and go home":D
I was thinking of a "My Cousin Vinny" moment. Seriously, I manage risk for a multinational, multibillion dollar in sales company. The case is a civil one where an injured person wants money. I have been summoned by an old judge with a lifetime appointment who wants the case off of his docket and I'm the guy with the checkbook. The hearing is a court mandated "settlement conference." My whole life is at stake and all we are going to discuss is how much is a fair settlement. Not much drama really. I could check my MCAT scores while the judge is talking to the other side. I'll mae it work. Thanks for the uplifting reply.

you're very welcome.

hhaha i just realized there were so few ppl taking the test this day that scores could be up already and nobody knows cus nobodys checking.hehe wishful thinking

It does seem like relatively few people have commented on this thread, which may indicate that not many people took the test on this date. I wonder how that would affect the scaling of scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
It does seem like relatively few people have commented on this thread, which may indicate that not many people took the test on this date. I wonder how that would affect the scaling of scores.

It doesn't affect it at all, as I noted above.

im so happy todays a holiday...we DEFINETLY know our scores wont be out early so we have the WHOLE DAY to relax!

my prediction is that scores will be up tomorrow around 3.

The last thing I want is to see my scores. That test was 100x harder than any of the amcas practice tests.
I can't understand how all of you are so giddy and excited about the scores being released.

ps....i really hope for a miraculous curve.
vr.....i did not finish a whole passage and a half. english is my second language. i basically just clicked B for the last nine qs.
bs...the only one that i felt better.
now u see....i either did bad or good....i don't know if there is boderline in this one. I am trusting God for a miracle tomorrow. he never fails me:)

The last thing I want is to see my scores. That test was 100x harder than any of the amcas practice tests.
I can't understand how all of you are so giddy and excited about the scores being released.

look at it this way:

PS: everybody thought this was a killer so you probly did great
VR: i thought these were on par with the AAMC verbals. even the topics were interesting
BS: this section was easy, if you didnt think so you then maybe you should worry...

im sure you did fine, but i like your stratagy--make yourself think you did awful so youll be surprised by how well you really did :laugh:

good luck!:xf:

I had a dream that scores came out today and went on to check rite away after I got up. Dude, this waiting is killing me. I hope the results won't prevent me from applying this cycle. :scared:

i have actually decided not to even check my scores LOL. im gettin a lab colleague to release the scores for me and swear on his mom's life not to tell me how i did. im applying regardless and after thats out of the way i have other things to be very concerned about. im just gonna check here to see what ppl thought of their PS score. that's really wat im worried about. good luck to you all i just hope the person who standardized our test was high and gave us a nice bin for PS. haha

i have actually decided not to even check my scores LOL. im gettin a lab colleague to release the scores for me and swear on his mom's life not to tell me how i did. im applying regardless and after thats out of the way i have other things to be very concerned about. im just gonna check here to see what ppl thought of their PS score. that's really wat im worried about. good luck to you all i just hope the person who standardized our test was high and gave us a nice bin for PS. haha

What if an interviewer asks you about your MCAT score?

Looking at the last score release of the 7/31 MCAT, AAMC released them around 9 p.m. Also receiving scores tomorrow is the 8/6 test. So, perhaps ours will be first. That said, officially it isn't supposed to be until after 5 p.m. Coming back from a three day holiday weekend, I'm betting the MCAT staff will take their sweet ***** time getting to the release of scores.

My prediction: 7 p.m. I hope that I am wrong. :xf:

What if an interviewer asks you about your MCAT score?

lol well if i get an invite for an interview i would assume that i did well and check. i just dont wanna think about the applications anymore and whether or not my scores were good enough. it will only act as a distraction and i have a thesis and paper to write so that would be counter-productive. i kno i have insane logic sometimes.

lol im with you man..ive already submitted my apps for this cycle and its too late to think about taking it again..so it really doesnt matter if you do amazing or not

i actually got an interview invite with my old mcat score, which made me wonder why in the world i took it again..lol

AH, this thread is making me even more nervous even though I haven't really been stressing...though I probably should be. At least we can all empathize, right?

Yes! All the best wishes to everyone, whether or not there are still knots in ur stomach....we're almost there....crossing over....and just over my own humble reflections this past slightly torturous month!....whether you get what you want or you don't....it seriously is all for the best....working harder for a higher score will only even make you better in medical school and in life....and if you get what you want (or better!)...then u know ur hard work really did pay off!

So best wishes to you all!!!! fingers crossed!!! Good luck and God willing, we all do just FABULOUS!

i was going to say "Im surprised that there arent more people on here"...then i realized nobody took it on the 5th.lol

Man, I had my first MCAT dream last night. At least it waited til the last night. I got a 36 in the dream by the way, haha.

well, i'm glad i'm on the west coast at least so i don't have to wait as long for my score today :p

hmmm, 10 guests watching this. hello lurkers! good luck to you too!

Haha I'm checking this thread in case the 8/6 people forget to post on theirs when it comes out. I really need to go do something else, but the score is all I can think about :eek:.

just got out of class...definetly going to have to listen to that lecture later again....couldnt concentrate AT ALL

Haha I'm checking this thread in case the 8/6 people forget to post on theirs when it comes out. I really need to go do something else, but the score is all I can think about :eek:.

I think we're allowed to indulge ourselves. I was thinking about getting to get ice cream or cake. Although...if I do badly I'll never eat that flavor again.

I think we're allowed to indulge ourselves. I was thinking about getting to get ice cream or cake. Although...if I do badly I'll never eat that flavor again.

Lol :laugh: I don't know how you can eat anything right now. My stomach is in knots. Maybe I'll watch a movie to distract me for a little while. I'll go out for ice cream tonight if I get a 30+ score. Just please let it not be lower than that! I really need a good score to help with the less than stellar gpa!

This is kind of random...I signed up for the Sept 10th exam b/c I felt like I really bombed the August 5th exam. They let you cancel (no refund) if it's 2 business days in advance but now that the scores are still pending, I have entered the less than 2 business day zone... if my score comes back tonight or tomorrow and are not terrible and I want to cancel my Sept. 10th MCAT, should I just go and void it?

This is kind of random...I signed up for the Sept 10th exam b/c I felt like I really bombed the August 5th exam. They let you cancel (no refund) if it's 2 business days in advance but now that the scores are still pending, I have entered the less than 2 business day zone... if my score comes back tonight or tomorrow and are not terrible and I want to cancel my Sept. 10th MCAT, should I just go and void it?

If you get a great score from the 8/5, why would you take the 9/10? I mean unless you really like taking the MCAT and are 100% certain that you will only get higher/the same score. You can't get your money back so your choices are:

1. Take it and have it scored
2. Take it and void it
3. Don't take it

I wouldn't risk a great score to take it again unless I had no other choice. Not to mention don't you make med schools wait on that 9/10 score release date? Eh, I would just call/cancel it/void if I were in your shoes. You never know if something will go wrong and throw you off and then how would it look if you went from a 35 to 25? o_O

If you did poorly and you've been studying and getting decent practice scores then I would go with your backup plan of retaking it on the 10th. Figure out what went wrong the first time and fix it. Good luck!:luck: