**Official 2022 Dental Anesthesiology PASS/Interviews/Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is considered competitive on the CBSE for anesthesiology?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Im applying for an OMFS residency. A “competitive” score for us has always been a 70 or a 202. This shows you can pass STEP1. My guess is that’s probably where you want to shoot for, but the higher the better, especially with all the unknowns. Best of luck; that exam is a real beast.

Hey! I am only an incoming D1, so please take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I have been in contact with some DA department heads and I found one who was kind enough to try to translate what a decent CBSE score is (for DA). What he told me is this:

"- 65 is roughly equivalent to a DAT AA of 18

- 70 is roughly equivalent to a DAT AA of 20

- 75 is roughly equivalent to a DAT AA of 22"

He said if you think of it like that then you should have a fairly successful mindset towards what to expect on the CBSE. He did mention that the range was huge and there was accepted applicants with CBSE scores in the 50's, so it goes to show how potentially holistic it could be.

I hope that was of some help!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who applied all 8 programs without prior residency, aren't St. Barnabas Hospital and Wyckoff Heights Medical Center require 1 year of residency?

I don't think so. I know their PASS pages state that you do but I never completed a residency program and there were 1-2 D4s that were interviewing with me.

I **think** they state that to make sure you can get a NY dental license; however, there is an option to get a restricted resident dental license that the program should be able to obtain for you. So unless you are planning on moonlighting as a general dentist in NY, I wouldn't worry too much about it.