Official 2018-2019 Endocrinology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GitoEndo

Endoguy
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's July 4th! Let's start this thread for future endocrinologist! Good Luck. If admin can make it as a sticky thread, that will be awesome!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I read last year thread, lets do something similar! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here we go!
- Non-US IMG
- Step 1 score 247, Step 2 CK 251, passed CS and step 3. All on first try
- IM residency at a big community hospital in NJ
- About 17 articles plus more than 10 posters most of them in the field of metabolic syndrome and diabetes
- 2 LORs from faculty endocrinologists, one from program director, 2 from IM attendings and one from Critical Care attending.
- fluent in Spanish and English.

I am applying to 51 endocrinology programs around the East Coast and Midwest.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
Here we go!
- Non-US IMG
- Step 1 score 247, Step 2 CK 251, passed CS. All on first try
- About 17 articles plus more than 10 posters most of them in the field of metabolic syndrome and diabetes
- 2 LORs from faculty endocrinologists, one from program director, 2 from IM attendings and one from Critical Care attending.

Suggestions?
you'll be fine.

I'm worried about my application since I only started considering Endocrinology at the beginning of 3rd year (a year ago). Therefore I don't really have the stats to back me up, but I truly am interested in the field.
- DO, IM residency at a community hospital in Texas. Applying to 51 programs - somewhat broadly

Good luck to everyone this year!

Great to see some activity in this group! Keep it active, and Good luck to all

Your package is fabulous and I am sure you will end up with a top program in this country!

May I ask you a questions? You have very extensive research experience. How many articles/posters did you do in residency and before residency, respectively? I personally found it very difficult to conduct high-quality research in residency, especially in community programs where the faculty dose not much research themselves

Here we go!
- Non-US IMG

Your package is fabulous and I am sure you will end up with a top program in this country!

May I ask you a questions? You have very extensive research experience. How many articles/posters did you do in residency and before residency, respectively? I personally found it very difficult to conduct high-quality research in residency, especially in community programs where the faculty dose not much research themselves

Thanks buddy! Most of my articles are from before starting residency,while in the past couple yeas I have mostly done posters and abstracts. As you said, it's hard to conduct proper research at a community hospital

Here we go!
- Non-US IMG

Suggestions?

Very impressive resume. Congrats! I'm curious did you pass step 3?

Hi everyone. Do you guys know which are the fellowship programs that are accepting only one fellow this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied widely! Heard endo programs send out invites quickly in 4-6 weeks from July 15th! The game begins!

Good luck everyone!

I heard Emory gave out invites the day the app opened last year. One person got it 1.5hrs afterward haha.

I checked myERAS already 3 times today, anyone else doing this?!

Oh my! Same here. I am dying of anxiety. My colleague that applied to nephro already has 5 interviews. Phew!

Reactions: 1 users
Oh my! Same here. I am dying of anxiety. My colleague that applied to nephro already has 5 interviews. Phew!
Nephrology is after the candidates for damn sure then! I wish there is an app for myERAS :)

Nothing here, anxiously waiting....however I think is still early...Good luck everybody!

Hey guys I am a US IMG
Step 1 244
Step 2 246
Step 3 236
1 case report and poster 3rd author
1 oral presentation at local chapter endocrine conference coming up
1 ongoing diabetes research
At a urban hospital plus university program.

I applied still waiting for interview invites, none so far. Good luck to you all!

Hey guys I am a US IMG
Step 1 244
Step 2 246
Step 3 236
1 case report and poster 3rd author
1 oral presentation at local chapter endocrine conference coming up
1 ongoing diabetes research
At a urban hospital plus university program.

I applied still waiting for interview invites, none so far. Good luck to you all!
Great scores and good luck to you!

Got University of Florida Jacksonville and UNC Chapel Hill today. Got both via email.

Congrats, would you share your credentials? If you dont mind me asking :)

Thanks. IMG on J1, MPH, community IM residency program in NJ, passed all steps, two original research during residency presented at two conferences, applied to 36 programs mainly in the south.

Let's keep a list of interview invites:

Not mine, so far in this group (follow the format in the future)

Invites:

Univ of Florida, Jacksonville
UNC, Chapel Hill

Rejections:
None - Hey!

Last edited:
Just got a message with more information from Louisiana State Univ Pgm. They mentioned that are reviewing applications now and will begin extending interview offers within the next several weeks.
Anyone else got a similar e-mail?

Just got a message with more information from Louisiana State Univ Pgm. They mentioned that are reviewing applications now and will begin extending interview offers within the next several weeks.
Anyone else got a similar e-mail?
Same here! Probably mass email!

Let's keep a list of interview invites:

Not mine, so far in this group (follow the format in the future)

Invites:

Univ of Florida, Gainesville
UNC, Chapel Hill

Rejections:
None - Hey!

Just checking, Univ of Florida, Gainesville also sent invites?? I thought it was just Jacksonville so far!

New Invites:

7/17: Univ of Florida, Jacksonville
7/17: UNC, Chapel Hill
7/18: Northwestern
7/18: Henry Ford/Wayne State

Rejections:
None - Hey!

I'm curious, If the program sent invites and I did not get one, that means that program did not choose me for an interview, I do not have to expect invitations from them? I did not apply to any of the programs listed in the forum so far.

I'm curious, If the program sent invites and I did not get one, that means that program did not choose me for an interview, I do not have to expect invitations from them? I did not apply to any of the programs listed in the forum so far.
not necessarily...they tend to come out in rounds...some places will *cough* Emory *cough* will look at AMG applications 1st, then F/IMG applications, others may have a rolling invitations and invites come out as the review applications, and still others will give out invites all at one time (though they tend to send out invites later and not a day or two out). A good portion of invites will be out by 1st or 2nd week in August since interviews will start towards the end of August.

not necessarily...they tend to come out in rounds...some places will *cough* Emory *cough* will look at AMG applications 1st, then F/IMG applications, others may have a rolling invitations and invites come out as the review applications, and still others will give out invites all at one time (though they tend to send out invites later and not a day or two out). A good portion of invites will be out by 1st or 2nd week in August since interviews will start towards the end of August.
Thank you!

Invites:

7/17: UNC, Chapel Hill
7/18: Northwestern
7/18: Henry Ford/Wayne State
7/19: Univ of Arizona - Phoenix

Rejections:
None - Hey!

UA, Phoenix!

Invites: