*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview #3 at NYYewwwwww (NYU)
Date: March 16

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
update and overview:
applied to 4 schools (UNC, UF, UM, HSDM), accepted to 3 (UNC, UF, HSDM)
utter silence from Michigan until recent rejection w/o interview

at least I've heard back from all my schools I guess
You a Fl resident?

interview with nyu on march 26th.. kind of late but it's the only date i could do with classes/exams. assuming they'll let me know of an acceptance/rejection shortly after since we need to make a decision by April 1st??

Reactions: 1 user
interview with nyu on march 26th.. kind of late but it's the only date i could do with classes/exams. assuming they'll let me know of an acceptance/rejection shortly after since we need to make a decision by April 1st??

Assuming you’re sitting on another accepted offer, then yes you have to make a decision by then if NYU offers you a spot.

Assuming you’re sitting on another accepted offer, then yes you have to make a decision by then if NYU offers you a spot.
I thought it was March 1st that you had to make a decision and couldn't hold more than one deposit/seat?

I didn’t even know that this is a thing until you guys brought it up. Thanks for the lookout!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection #1 Stony Brook via email 2/26
Rejection #2 Touro via email 2/26

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed at Tufts.. here’s to more waiting

Reactions: 1 users
Dec. 1st acceptances: UNC, UNLV, Roseman, Meharry
Post Dec 1st acceptance: Howard, AT Still AZ

Sorry Im so late to post these, I didnt know about SDN till a few days ago when a friend showed me.

Reactions: 3 users
AA: 18
GPA: 3.26
Science: 3.14

I was Pre-Med for about 3.5 years but didn't do well on the MCAT so I decided to go the Dental route.

Still trying to decide where I should attend, I have a deposit at UNC, Roseman, and Meharry and still have time to decide on Howard and AT-Still....still don't know very much about each schools dental programs (Should have thought about this before I put so much time into looking into all the medical schools) I know UNC has a great medical program but does anyone know about how good their dental program is?

Thanks Everyone.

Reactions: 3 users

I was Pre-Med for about 3.5 years but didn't do well on the MCAT so I decided to go the Dental route.

Still trying to decide where I should attend, I have a deposit at UNC, Roseman, and Meharry and still have time to decide on Howard and AT-Still....still don't know very much about each schools dental programs (Should have thought about this before I put so much time into looking into all the medical schools) I know UNC has a great medical program but does anyone know about how good their dental program is?

Thanks Everyone.
Bro UNC all the way :banana:

Reactions: 4 users

Thanks Everyone.
UNC with an 18AA and 3.14 GPA?

wtf...

Reactions: 6 users
Still - congrats I’m sure you earned it
Thanks man I appreciate it. It is shocking to me the judgement I have received because of this, so many people shocked and saying I don't deserve it because of my "statistics". It was never safe enough to attend a school growing up in Somalia and finally was able to come to the united states when I was 15 so that set my education back significantly. this is the reason for my lower GPA. I hope this shows everyone the circumstance that I was given and the reason for my "lower statistics"

Reactions: 16 users
Thanks man I appreciate it. It is shocking to me the judgement I have received because of this, so many people shocked and saying I don't deserve it because of my "statistics". It was never safe enough to attend a school growing up in Somalia and finally was able to come to the united states when I was 15 so that set my education back significantly. this is the reason for my lower GPA. I hope this shows everyone the circumstance that I was given and the reason for my "lower statistics"
You earned it maynn dont mind what people say

Reactions: 11 users
You earned it, and don’t let anybody tell you anything different

also who cares what stats you have as long as you're in? thats what matters. UNC is definitely one of the top schools in the US for dentistry so that'd be an awesome place to attend

Reactions: 7 users

Looks like some people are just salty lol. Go to UNC, it’s your best and cheapest option probably. Stats don’t matter now that you are in dental school, just go ahead and kill it!

Got a Harvard interview 3/9!!

Reactions: 9 users
Might as well track my progress so far for myself & tips for peeps at bottom

Residency: IL
Application complete date: July 3rd
GPA (science, overall): 3.87 | 3.79
DAT: 24 AA | 30 OC | 24 Chem | 20 Bio | 22 QR | 22 RC | 20 PAT

Interviewed: CWRU, NYU, MU, Creighton, Minnesota, UIC, Michigan, Touro, Maryland, SIU,
Accepted: CWRU, UIC, SIU, Touro
Wait listed: MU

Tips: Error is inevitable AND there is so many steps in the app cycle. An error will only hold you back and you do not want to be held back in such a difficult application process. That is why you need to Guarantee that each step will be 100% completed, on time, and 100% Guaranteed that these two criteria were completed for that specific institution. This requires you to grind to find the due dates way before (get info from friends, studentdoc, pre-dent advisers, ADEA, etc), find out what is required to complete it (friends/student doc/pre-dent advisers, etc), complete the requirement, and finally constantly communicating with ADEA/School/LOR writers for a receipt copy of completion, etc. Good luck to everyone in/preparing for the grind.

Reactions: 2 users
Might as well track my progress so far for myself & tips for peeps at bottom

Residency: IL
Application complete date: July 3rd
GPA (science, overall): 3.87 | 3.79
DAT: 24 AA | 30 OC | 24 Chem | 20 Bio | 22 QR | 22 RC | 20 PAT

Interviewed: CWRU, NYU, MU, Creighton, Minnesota, UIC, Michigan, Touro, Maryland, SIU,
Accepted: CWRU, UIC, SIU, Touro
Wait listed: MU

Tips: Error is inevitable AND there is so many steps in the app cycle. An error will only hold you back and you do not want to be held back in such a difficult application process. That is why you need to Guarantee that each step will be 100% completed, on time, and 100% Guaranteed that these two criteria were completed for that specific institution. This requires you to grind to find the due dates way before (get info from friends, studentdoc, pre-dent advisers, ADEA, etc), find out what is required to complete it (friends/student doc/pre-dent advisers, etc), complete the requirement, and finally constantly communicating with ADEA/School/LOR writers for a receipt copy of completion, etc. Good luck to everyone in/preparing for the grind.

And where will you be attending?

And where will you be attending?
:boom::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::boom:

This maybe will clue you in. But like I said, nothing 100% guaranteed until all post-deposit reqs are done and schools says the ok. Superstitious me has to complete the requirements first (with all the technicality/legal writing of being withdrawn for missing a deadline/req as stated by the institution). Thus, I'll settle for being cryptic ;)

Last edited:
:boom::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::boom:

This maybe will clue you in. But like I said, nothing 100% guaranteed until all post-deposit reqs are done and schools says the ok. Superstitious me has to complete the requirements first (with all the technicality/legal writing of being withdrawn for missing a deadline/req as stated by the institution). Thus, I'll settle for being cryptic ;)

Go flames! Haha.

Lezzzgooo ACCEPTANCE #1: UOP!!!

GPA: 3.49 (upward trend)
DAT: 19AA/20TS/20PAT

Aunty out!!:cool:

Reactions: 39 users
Anyone else feeling really discouraged at this point? I’m just over here trying my best to get an interview :arghh:

Reactions: 1 users
It’s not always up to you, unfortunately. This whole process is a crap shoot
Hahaha, very true. But HUGEEEE CONGRATS to those well deserving people who have gotten acceptances (perhaps to even your dream school)! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are any schools still giving out interviews? My status at UTHSC says under review and it says none for MW-Illinois. I called Midwestern Illinois to ask about what I could do to improve my application for this upcoming cycle, and they talked like my app was still being reviewed this late in the game. Are these basically just silent rejections?

Are any schools still giving out interviews? My status at UTHSC says under review and it says none for MW-Illinois. I called Midwestern Illinois to ask about what I could do to improve my application for this upcoming cycle, and they talked like my app was still being reviewed this late in the game. Are these basically just silent rejections?
I interviewed at MW-Il about 2-3 weeks ago and just received an acceptance. I do not think I will be attending personally, so stay positive- there is surely more space!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Waitlisted at Creighton. Will be withdrawing from the alternate list

Accepted at Penn! just got the call today!

Acceptance #2 to ASDOH!
I was accepted to my state school as well so I have a lot to consider as it is still a great school and much cheaper. I just really loved my interview day and felt very welcomed.

Accepted to Roseman yesterday! Will be accepting this spot.

Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.