Official 2015 COMLEX Level 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDO2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized no one made a thread for 2015 so decided to make one. Anyone take the January 6 or 22 test? There's a Feb date coming up soon too. How was it? What did you use to study and would recommend to future test-takers? Anything particularly high-yield? Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Took the exam today... Good lord in heaven, what a random test?!?! So many questions where I just had no idea what they wanted me to be thinking. Swear I knew ribs and treatments, you treat top rib first if restricted to inhalation yes? So many questions where the answers just weren't even in the choices... Other questions I felt as though multiple answers could have worked e.g. ask about the "cause" of a patients symptoms and yet more than one choice would make sense but they wanted it based on their subjective idea of the right answer.

Did anyone else feel like they totally guessed 50/50 on a ton of questions? Feel like I could have barely passed or did better, I have no idea... At least I hope I passed

Lol, I had the most absolute random micro question with literally no bugs listed I had ever even seen before (studied FA 2x, picmonic, Lippincott microcards, pathoma, Kaplan q bank, UWORLD 1.5 x through)

I also felt like their descriptions of lesions were pure crap, almost everything was just like "ya red lesion, oh ya and its like warm and boggy and stuff and located in X organ." Not all lesions they listed are just red, there are other colors and shapes and ways to describe a lesion besides erythematous ffs!!!
I took it today too. The last section I marked 30/50. So much ****ing terrible omm/micro. I was prepared for neuro to be a ****show, but the rest... I got a 478 on comsae c and I don't know how common dropping over 80 points is, but I'm pretty confident that just happened to me. Started rotations today yet I haven't accepted that I'm actually a third year and won't be dropping out when I get my failing score back in ~1 month.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm literally checking nbome every 5 mins and I can't stop. I'm like a meth addict, clicking frantically, scratching my neck while sitting in a dark room alone. I don't know who I am anymore, I can't think like a normal being, I'm weak

Reactions: 2 users
I'm literally checking nbome every 5 mins and I can't stop. I'm like a meth addict, clicking frantically, scratching my neck while sitting in a dark room alone. I don't know who I am anymore, I can't think like a normal being, I'm weak

Hopefully they come out today. The only thing I don't want to see is a mediocre-low score due to the wtfneuro that demolished any chance of a good score.

Hopefully they come out today. The only thing I don't want to see is a mediocre-low score due to the wtfneuro that demolished any chance of a good score.

Just remember that if it took you by surprise it probably took everyone else by surprise too. Scores are scaled. If you did crappy it doesn't matter as long as most everyone else did too.

I'm tweaking, too. We just moved and we don't have Internet set up yet, so I have to wait for the NBOME site to load on my phone and then find the spot where it tells you about COMLEX. It's a whole thing.

My friend got her email last week about 2pm eastern time. She had her fiancé look and then tell her her score 50 points less. Does anyone else have a plan for looking or are you just going for it?

I'm tweaking, too. We just moved and we don't have Internet set up yet, so I have to wait for the NBOME site to load on my phone and then find the spot where it tells you about COMLEX. It's a whole thing.

My friend got her email last week about 2pm eastern time. She had her fiancé look and then tell her her score 50 points less. Does anyone else have a plan for looking or are you just going for it?

I want to cover the screen and slowly uncover space until I see the first digit of the 3.

If it's a 6...will probably curse out loud.
If it's a 5...hope it's >550.
If it's a 4...will loudly curse out loud.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
PASSED!

Bummed about the score: 458
COMSAE D 3 weeks out: 564

But that exam was so dang hard that I'm just so relieved I passed.

I had a huge drop in my COMSAE D score as well. pisses me off but at least I passed. Hey there is always next year to make things a little bit better...

PASSED!!!!!!!

Scored about 10 pts below my comsae Avg (A,B,C,D) but what can you do. To those that are worried about if they'll pass or not, seems like comsaes are still accurate for some people. Also, I def. had one of the hard tests that seemed impossible, but everything ended up working out in the end.

Can you guys post your studying methods, and if you would change them after taking the exam? Especially if you took USMLE too. Thx

does anyone have an updated version of avg scores for different specialties? The one on nbome is from 2012

Passed. Definitely lower than my COMSAEs though. Very frustrating when I was expecting a healthy increase from my last one and starting to think about specialty choices accordingly

Took my exam late June. My scores are not exact to maintain anonymity.

COMSAE D (1.5 months out with minimal studying) - 603

COMSAE C (~ 2 weeks out) - 540. Bit of a morale crusher, but it motivated me to study harder and not rest on my laurels due to the D score

COMSAE B (Few days out) - 657. Go figure. >120 point boost in less than 2 weeks???

COMLEX - >625

Not a stellar boost from my D score, but hey, after that exam, I'm pretty freakin' happy to break 600 on the real deal.

I did above average in most of my classes but I don't feel I was in the top quartile. My study method was not what I would call regimented and I kept study resources to a very large minimum. I woke up usually around 9 AM, took my time making and eating breakfast, maybe watch a show or two, and would start my day sometime around 10, 11, or 12, depending on how I was feeling at the time. Once I started, I usually didn't stop until 11 PM or 12 AM unless I had to take care of something. I didn't study every day either. I spent a lot of time with my girlfriend to keep me sane. I can't be locked away all day. I learned how much I value human interaction, haha. I know some people go absolutely crazy with their schedule, but I was pretty lax until the last 2 or so weeks where I really tried to bear down.

My plan was to go through system-by-system. After reading, I would hit the QBanks.

Resources:

-Pathoma throughout 2nd year during systems-based courses, as well as dedicated. Total I made about 3 or so passes, with the first pass taking notes on his audio. I made additional passes on sections I thought would be heavily tested such as neuro, women's health, and so on (whatever was in this thread)

-First Aid - Mostly dedicated. I don't really like it, but it is good to get lots of tiny details out of. I noticed some questions will test on a phrase or even a word or two that's in this book. I tried to make about 3 passes total and again made additional passes on heavily tested sections

-Savarese - Studied during my last week. Tried to read it once in depth, then periodically skim through it after that. USE THE VIDEOS OF CHAPMANS AND VS REFLEXES!!! I knew how to answer every single question, instantly, because of them. There is no way for them to trip you up.

-USMLE Secrets - This was OK. It was recommended to me. I would first read this, then Pathoma, then First Aid. I would have skipped this and did BRS Phys instead.

-USMLE-Rx through 2nd year and dedicated. During dedicated, I would read a chapter of First Aid, then hit Rx to test me on it. After my first pass of FA, I would at times do random sets of questions to keep me fresh

-COMBANK - Good resource. Definitely gets you used to seeing odd questions, as well as patient presentations that aren't always typical

-ComQuest - Did the OMM questions from here

-Kaplan - Our school gave us this. I didn't like their questions. I used the HY pharm videos and biochem.

-DIT - Watched a couple videos of someone basically repeating FA to me and haven't touched it after that

-UWorld mostly during dedicated, although I did do some during 2nd year, but not a lot to be considered anything substantial. I went through the whole thing, average ~75%. Wiped the whole thing and redid it timed and random, with my average being in the mid 80s consistently. I tried to do as much as I could on my 2nd pass, go through over 50% of it.

-SketchyMicro - This is probably one of the best resources I could recommend to anyone. Kept trying to re-review it because I knew COMLEX is micro heavy. I thought doing an hour or two of this per day was extremely helpful. Based on the score report, micro was one of my strongest subjects. This was before I nearly gave up on micro before I started dedicated because I was so terrible at keeping all the bugs straight. I'll be getting SketchyPharm when it comes out to strengthen my drug knowledge during 3rd year.

As you can see, my resources consisted of a few books and lots and lots of questions. My plan at the beginning was:

Secrets --> Pathoma --> First Aid --> USMLE-Rx --> COMBANK --> UWorld for every system. After I finished every system, it was UFAP, with UWorld being random/timed.

I hope this was somewhat helpful! I don't consider myself to be a genius or anything like that. I try to work hard do the best I can. Could I do better and change certain things? Absolutely. It's just a matter of figuring out what's best for me at the time in order to retain the vast amounts of information that we have to learn.

Last edited:
I took it today too. The last section I marked 30/50. So much ****ing terrible omm/micro. I was prepared for neuro to be a ****show, but the rest... I got a 478 on comsae c and I don't know how common dropping over 80 points is, but I'm pretty confident that just happened to me. Started rotations today yet I haven't accepted that I'm actually a third year and won't be dropping out when I get my failing score back in ~1 month.

I took it yesterday as well. Neuro is as damn near impossible nothing like the straight forward questions in combank or conquest. Micro was tricky you had to know everything specifically and there were bugs I have never heard off. Omm was tough as well and I felt like I had to guess 15-20 q every block. Poorly written exam and more trivial than knowledge testing

I took my exam yesterday and I am still shocked by how hard it was. I got >480 on my last comsae, a week before my actual exam. I now just hope I will pass. So many random bacteria and neuro questions. I have to say the comsae's were not representative of comlex. I have finished both COMbank/COMquest well above the average and I feel both Qbanks didn't prepare me for the exam. I am hoping the curve will be big, because a lot of my friends who took it with me didn't even had the time to finish all the questions.

Just got my score back today. Happy with it, but honestly thought I was going to do a little bit better. Was hoping to break 600 but certainly won't complain. I didn't take any comsaes and USMLE score was right around NBME average. Comquest average ~80% overall (timed, random). Surprised to see so many people with scores below their comsae average given it's traditional under-prediction. Studied for ~8 weeks, using mostly UFAP, focusing on question volume (did ~5500 practice questions).

USMLE: 236
COMLEX: 596

Just got my score back today. Happy with it, but honestly thought I was going to do a little bit better. Was hoping to break 600 but certainly won't complain. I didn't take any comsaes and USMLE score was right around NBME average. Comquest average ~80% overall (timed, random). Surprised to see so many people with scores below their comsae average given it's traditional under-prediction. Studied for ~8 weeks, using mostly UFAP, focusing on question volume (did ~5500 practice questions).

USMLE: 236
COMLEX: 596
It's because a lot of people are getting screwed over by the score adjustment/new exam. If it happens to me I'm sending them an email and requesting a rescore. Glad you did good though !

680s

for those who just took the exam recently and haven't gotten their scores back, i felt crappy walking out of the exam. instantly identified 10 or so questions i knew i got wrong for sure. felt like i guessed on 50-75% of the OMM (most of it wasn't in saverese for me). OMM ended up being one of my strongest sections (i'm guessing they thew a lot of it out).

UWorld + FA + Pathoma and studied saverese for a couple days. personally, i thought reading saverese was a waste of time. you could tell that the people writing this exam had a copy of saverese in the room when they were writing questions.

Reactions: 4 users
USMLE 203, COMLEX 529

COMSAE D 513 - 6 weeks out

Used DIT, FA, U-World and Combank
Took COMLEX 6/17. Felt like I failed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What would be different by requesting a 'rescore'? I understand how it could be beneficial for Step 2 but am not sure how it would affect step 1. If it would make a difference, I would rescore as well.
Pretty sure people requested rescores for the step 2 written and that's part of why the scores got changed. Not sure though. The thread for them is linked somewhere in here

Comsae D 5 weeks out: 400
COMLEX: 506
Bottom 1/3 of class (had to re-learn how to learn)
Shouldn't even be in med-school based on undergrad GPA.

I'd say I'm pretty dang happy considering the circumstances.

Reactions: 3 users
COMSAE D (1 month out): 620

COMSAE C (2 weeks out): 650

USMLE: >240

COMLEX: > 700

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I thought the exam was challenging. Realistically, I felt better walking out of it than my USMLE but I would be lying if I wasn’t still a bit worried. I felt like the COMLEX that I took was much more similar to the USMLE than would have been expected from previous student’s experience, stories on SDN, or the COMSAEs. Stems were much longer than the COMSAEs and I felt that the questions were decently integrative in a fashion similar to the USMLE.

My preparation:

I did very well in the first two years. I don’t know what my class rank is; I’ve never looked into it. I know people say it all of the time, and that it comes off as somewhat cliché, but the single best preparation for the boards is doing well in your course work. I can’t even begin to imagine how I would have approached the material if I didn’t have a strong fund of knowledge to pull from. My second set of advice is to really spend time fully understanding every concept in FA, even if you only look at it once. This is especially true of the things that are low-hanging fruit like neuro lesions, endocrine, how the nephron works, the fundamentals of pathology, and basic cardio physiology. Know all of reproductive cold, because like others, I’d say about 20% or more of my exam surrounded reproductive issues. Honor OPP, even if you don’t want to. OPP was heavily represented on my exam. A solid OPP foundation is 90% of preparation for that subject.

I had about 5-6 weeks of dedicated preparation time, depending on what you considered dedicated. I really don’t feel like you can do very well on either exam without about 4-5 weeks of solid uninterrupted preparation. I took lots of breaks during my studying to avoid burnout.

I prepared for the USMLE, took it, and then spent 3 days reading the green book once through. I did very little OPP preparation prior to this time. I also did all of the COMBANK OPP questions and reviewed some of the more obscure micro known to show up on the COMLEX during this timeframe. I did very, very little COMLEX-oriented question banks.

I did UFAP primarily. DIT was helpful and it gets my seal of approval. Pathoma is a must. I completed about 80% of UWorld. Unlike many students, I did virtually no questions until my dedicated period. I had been through about 50% of FA prior to my dedicated study period. FA was reviewed with DIT and relevant Pathoma chapters. FA was heavily annotated. I gave certain subjects dedicated attention. For instance, I gave neurology an entire week of my time during the period before my dedicated studying. I thoroughly reviewed aspects of biochemistry and immunology. I rewatched/reread all of the general pathology concepts from Pathoma. During my dedicated period I pretty much reviewed FA, Pathoma, and did UWorld questions VERY slowly. I was lucky if I did 60-80 questions a day. The key to UWorld is to thoroughly review every single word and diagram in that program. My USMLE and COMLEX were heavy on tying physiology and pathology into tricky scenarios and reflex knowledge of a lot of the concepts really came in handy. UWorld does a good job of hitting the high-yield stuff from multiple different angles and, with the COMLEX more closely mimicking the USMLE (see below), I think this is a 100% must buy product.

Which leads me to a few conclusions…

I think a lot of the griping I’ve heard from fellow students and on this forum is deserved (I agree). In my opinion, the exam was retooled to be much more similar to the USMLE. I have my theories about why this happened, but I think it probably screwed anyone who did not prepare for the USMLE. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the scores stratify that way. Just a theory with n=1 information. My advice to every DO student is to prepare for the USMLE, period. The only corollary is that I think that COMLEX micro is more difficult in the expansiveness of bugs covered. The USMLE did have some weird micro questions, but they were isolated instances. USMLE biochem and biostats is more difficult than COMLEX, but I think DO schools could correct for this by just spending a modicum of additional time on the subjects.

Interestingly, the single best preparation was UWorld.

My advice: start day 1 with the assumption that you are taking the USMLE. Buy UWorld and do as much of it as you can. Understand what’s in First Aid. The only reliable information about these exams is on SDN (I found the expectations of faculty to be off-base). Don’t believe that you need to spend 6 months studying for this test. Continue to do well in ALL of your courses and approach the review process in a way that makes sense for YOU. I saw students flipping through First Aid in January and February, many of whom talked a big game and carried their mega-binders of First Aid around everywhere. Don’t listen to people who claim to be doing 100+ UWorld questions a day while supposedly carrying a full class load. That’s BS. So many people use UWorld incorrectly that a book could be written entirely on the wrong ways to approach those 2200 questions. Anyone who claims to be reading an entire system in First Aid in a few hours is also full of crap. You should understand everything you read in that book. Flipping through First Aid is NOT reviewing for the exam. If you don’t remember something, seek and acquire a secondary source to clarify the subject. It may be a textbook, a PPT from a professor, or a video series. Don’t memorize stuff because you think that these two exams are recall exams, because that’s only about 50% of the test. I probably brute-force memorized a select handful of concepts and those were things that lent themselves to that type of learning. Continue to do well in your course work (all of it) and beg, borrow, and steal any time that you can for dedicated preparation.

Finally, First Aid, Pathoma, and UWorld will get you 80% of the way. Supplement with another resource. If you need structure, get DIT or another review course. I’d highly suggest a dedicated book for biochemistry and a quick reference for physiology (BRS, of course).

Things I’d have done different:

1) Eliminated some of the stuff our faculty provided for “preparation.” Time is the name of the game with this test.

2) With more time I think I could have finished UWorld and maybe improved my USMLE a few more points.

3) Sidebar for #2: this is an exam with diminishing returns. When you start feeling sick of looking at the material, you’re probably starting to plateau. This is where I think time spent before your dedicated studying probably makes the fortunes of your higher scorers. Being able to healthily review the material over several months in bite-size proportions probably helps.

Good luck everyone. I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Decided to make an account since I have been keeping up with others for the last 6 months or so. I figured I would post my comsaes and Comlex scores.
Comsae D 1 month out (before studying) = 420
Comsae B 2 weeks out = 517
Comlex Level 1= 523
I was looking for a 550 but hopefully my score will keep me in the playing field for Emergency Medicine. Does anyone know the actual average for AOA EM? I hate that the only data is '11 and '12
I used UFAP and combank for OPP questions.

My very first post on this site goes out to all the Average Joes like myself out there. I tried avoiding this site as much as possible because I hate over half the people on here who have to humble brag with an "oh I only got a 750...wish I'd done better." But I digress...I'm here to reach out to those who feel awful about this newly redone exam.

I basically goofed off all of first year and crammed it all...needless to say that didn't help in the long run.

I did Picmonic gram positives and negatives the summer of 2014 because I literally retained ZERO from my first year micro class--came in clutch at the end. I tell all the gunners a year below if they feel like they need to do something, they should do micro. I would've done that Sketchy Micro program but I found out about it too late. Either one of those is the way to go with micro.

Second year I stopped going to class and would do the Pathoma for that block first, then read that block's First Aid section. After falling about a week or two behind, I would then start the class material because I'd know what was relevant from the boards studying.

Meanwhile as boards season started to roll around and my school was pushing Kaplan...I completely ignored them and went the DIT route. Singlehandedly saved me for boards. You MUST do the workbook and you MUST watch the videos in order, otherwise you're not doing the program right because they specifically designed it in that order. So I started DIT end of April (don't wait til 2 weeks before or whatever that crammed plan is they try to tell you to do). Fill out the workbook. Take detailed notes in workbook or FA. You won't get much out of it at first, but reviewing the workbook once or twice if you can--that's when info pieces together. It's the pre 3 question warmup quizzes that are magic because it reinforces info from the prior videos that you'll easily forget if someone doesn't force you to remember them.

Question banks: did about 60-70% of UWorld and all of COMBANK. I'm not gonna even bother listing my percentages because let's face it--med students have egos and have definitely googled answers or referenced FA before clicking an answer--don't lie to yourself.

As for my COMSAEs in the order I did them:

A: 462
D: 430
B: 520
C: 554

Actual: 511

So I've been talking to a lot of people, and they definitely lowered the national average because everyone in previous years was doing too well. We're not stupid...COMBANK questions always seemed to be 1-2 lines long, whereas new COMLEX could've been 8-12 lines long.

I know COMLEX 2 got rescored. My sister got hers back last year (low 500s) and then it got taken away and given back to her with 50 more points. I really hope they do that for us.

Is there any spot that has the percentiles for this year's COMLEX? I know getting a 500 this year is a lot better than getting a 500 last year since the exam was so hard.

Moral of the story: don't be discouraged if your COMSAEs were better than your COMLEX--clearly NBOME was out to screw us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

LOL Tell me about it!! I scored 500 on my COMSAE A about a week out from the exam and was thinking OK not bad at the time, I still had a week to brush up on OMM and high yields... but now I'm definitely concerned about just passing, especially since it seems those posters above that scored ~500-550 on COMSAEs are getting lower scores on the actual exam.

Gotta say I 100% agree that half the OMM questions were crazy as phuk, not sure why they decided to make that portion so difficult? We had a panel of students who scored very well on the COMLEX come speak to us and they went on and on about how every 3rd question would be OMM and it would be gimme points, they laughed the whole time about it.... Funny because that was definitely not the case on the exam I took. Difficult, time-sucking OMM questions... I mean literally a large paragraph, followed by a list of 5-10 somatic dysfunctions, then another shorter paragraph then asked an obscure question which A) I already spent a good portion of the minute reading the question and didn't have time to reach into the dark matter of my brain to think deeply on what they were asking about, and B) didn't feel like any of the resources I used or the lectures in medical school covered the material.

I kept wanting to get off my computer and look at some other osteo students in the room and have some WTF moments after each block.. it sucked for real.

Seriously though, worried about passing.... and we wont get our scores back till the week of August 6th... ugh...

LOL Tell me about it!! I scored 500 on my COMSAE A about a week out from the exam and was thinking OK not bad at the time, I still had a week to brush up on OMM and high yields... but now I'm definitely concerned about just passing, especially since it seems those posters above that scored ~500-550 on COMSAEs are getting lower scores on the actual exam.

Gotta say I 100% agree that half the OMM questions were crazy as phuk, not sure why they decided to make that portion so difficult? We had a panel of students who scored very well on the COMLEX come speak to us and they went on and on about how every 3rd question would be OMM and it would be gimme points, they laughed the whole time about it.... Funny because that was definitely not the case on the exam I took. Difficult, time-sucking OMM questions... I mean literally a large paragraph, followed by a list of 5-10 somatic dysfunctions, then another shorter paragraph then asked an obscure question which A) I already spent a good portion of the minute reading the question and didn't have time to reach into the dark matter of my brain to think deeply on what they were asking about, and B) didn't feel like any of the resources I used or the lectures in medical school covered the material.

I kept wanting to get off my computer and look at some other osteo students in the room and have some WTF moments after each block.. it sucked for real.

Seriously though, worried about passing.... and we wont get our scores back till the week of August 6th... ugh...
Hang in there boss! They're throwing out a lot of the OMM questions--a student at my school confirmed it with some of the faculty--OMM was actually one of my two highest sections and I KNOW I got plenty wrong lol (ie. The intercostal space between two ribs increases on inhalation....uhhhh what?)

I feel you so hard lol. I told a fourth year I got an omm heavy exam and she was like "You're so lucky!" but I didn't know how to explain that this was a horrible horrible thing and not like any OMM that exists outside of that comlex.

Try averaging Mid-HIGH 600s on comsaes, getting the "I'm gonna show you medical students who is boss" restandardization exam, feeling like Crap.... Getting your score, it's OVER 120 POINTS BELOW comsae average... It was single handedly the moment that I've been the greatest combination of: 1. Dumbfounded 2. disappointed 3. Sad 4. Infuriated; in my life...

Then I checked my USMLE this morning and stopped giving a ****!

ROCKED the USMLE. Not so hot on comlex... That makes a whole lot of sense lol...

I feel you so hard lol. I told a fourth year I got an omm heavy exam and she was like "You're so lucky!" but I didn't know how to explain that this was a horrible horrible thing and not like any OMM that exists outside of that comlex.

Should have told her to stick that inflated COMLEX score where the sun don't shine.

Try averaging Mid-HIGH 600s on comsaes, getting the "I'm gonna show you medical students who is boss" restandardization exam, feeling like Crap.... Getting your score, it's OVER 120 POINTS BELOW comsae average... It was single handedly the moment that I've been the greatest combination of: 1. Dumbfounded 2. disappointed 3. Sad 4. Infuriated; in my life...

Then I checked my USMLE this morning and stopped giving a ****!

ROCKED the USMLE. Not so hot on comlex... That makes a whole lot of sense lol...

So sorry dude but rocking the USMLE and passing the COMLEX is still amazing

Comlex 521

Comsae d 6 weeks out 392 panic sets in.
Comsae b 4 weeks out 469 alright maybe I can pass this damn thing.
Comsae c 1 week out 523

Used fa and combank early on and a bit of usmlerx. Last 3 weeks read every explanation in comquest once avg about 73 percent. Barely looked at Savarese but apparently killed it in omm. I felt like everyone else was doing more than me and I was lazy but maybe we all felt like that =P I walked out of that thing feeling there was a pretty good chance I failed so needless to say the ~50th percentile has never felt so good. God it was torture waiting half the day of clerkship to check scores but figured the patients don't need to be dealing with my nonsense either way haha. Congrats to everyone!! Finally we can breathe and enjoy rotations!!

I got this response from NBOME when I asked about rescoring and if I chose to do so could it actually lower my score.
"In all likelihood, there will be no change whatsoever. While the NBOME does admit a possibility that a score can fluctuate upon verification, as of now, all score confirmations ever conducted have shown no change in results from the initial scoring."
Sounds like a waste of 50.00$.
I was one of those who underperformed compared to my comsae avg , <600 (see previous post with test scores if you care). I'm also in the camp of doing very well on the USMLE >240, so go figure. Im going for EM ACGME or AOA so Im positioned well but the COMLEX was a tough shot to the ego.