Official 2015 COMLEX Level 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDO2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realized no one made a thread for 2015 so decided to make one. Anyone take the January 6 or 22 test? There's a Feb date coming up soon too. How was it? What did you use to study and would recommend to future test-takers? Anything particularly high-yield? Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What evidence do you have of this? Are scores actually lower this year?

Yeah I would love to see that evidence as well. I am very skeptical this is true. I still have seen enough people getting 700+ to doubt that there was some kind of "reset"

I took today was way different but from the other One. Easy OMM with few curveballs of course . More ob and micro and neuro and less crazy obscure histo path and pathphysio. It felt like taking a comsae with longer question stem this time unlike my first test

Reactions: 1 user
I took today was way different but from the other One. Easy OMM with few curveballs of course . More ob and micro and neuro and less crazy obscure histo path and pathphysio. It felt like taking a comsae with longer question stem this time unlike my first test

We had the same test, I agree that it felt like a comsae but with longer question stems. I had to make a lot of educated guesses after eliminating some of the answer choices, and time was an issue for me. Micro is usually one of my stronger sections but I didn't feel like it was that straightforward on the real exam, especially towards the end- there were a couple questions were I just had to pick a bug and I've never had to do that on a comsae or qbank question before. Neuro and Ob also felt a little obscure at times too. There were some questions where I felt like they just forgot to add the answer as an answer choice lol. I realized I made some dumb mistakes on the way home. Honestly I have no idea what score to expect, it could go either way..

We had the same test, I agree that it felt like a comsae but with longer question stems. I had to make a lot of educated guesses after eliminating some of the answer choices, and time was an issue for me. Micro is usually one of my stronger sections but I didn't feel like it was that straightforward on the real exam, especially towards the end- there were a couple questions were I just had to pick a bug and I've never had to do that on a comsae or qbank question before. Neuro and Ob also felt a little obscure at times too. There were some questions where I felt like they just forgot to add the answer as an answer choice lol. I realized I made some dumb mistakes on the way home. Honestly I have no idea what score to expect, it could go either way..
Yea now I'm realizing I made some mistakes but I hope I did enough to pass this damn test

failed my comlex by 8 points. Devastated to say the least . I don't know what else can i do differently . I thought I had given it all I had.

It's a terrible test. I didn't do anything differently when studying for my retake and went up over 80 points... its a complete crapshoot.

I just want to wish everyone luck that is expecting scores Today thru Wednesday. And I want to add...it speak volumes of an organization that needs longer than 30 days to score ONE day of tests. But I digress...GOOD LUCK ALL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from your schools how our class preformed as a whole? I'm starting to look at residency places, and when they post the cutoff of now seemingly high COMLEX scores, it's terrifying.

Just wondering if any of you used Sketchy Micro and found it to be sufficient for the "new" COMLEX Micro questions?

Took the comlex 2 days ago and felt absolutely destroyed by it. Took all comsaes and was doing alright on them (avg.585) and thought that the real thing was nothing like those. Seems pretty common but I too just used sketchy for micro and felt like it didnt help me out at all on the real thing which was odd because I crushed every micro comsae section. Also felt like I was guessing on a large number of questions due to them being vague or not really understanding what they wanted. So either I just **** the bed or most people felt that way about it. Congrats to everyone being done with it

How much OMM was on your exam?

Took the comlex 2 days ago and felt absolutely destroyed by it. Took all comsaes and was doing alright on them (avg.585) and thought that the real thing was nothing like those. Seems pretty common but I too just used sketchy for micro and felt like it didnt help me out at all on the real thing which was odd because I crushed every micro comsae section. Also felt like I was guessing on a large number of questions due to them being vague or not really understanding what they wanted. So either I just **** the bed or most people felt that way about it. Congrats to everyone being done with it

I think there was a good amount...it was hard to tell the difference sometimes between Anat and OMM

It's a terrible, terrible test. The people who write this must get hammered, sit down, and throw darts at a piece of paper on the wall with irrelevant words and then construct a question based on which words they hit

Reactions: 1 users
Any input on what you may have done differently would be amazinglyyyyy appreciated. Ie: Comquest vs combank or whether you would have studied a particular topic more. Most of the buzz last year was regarding management questions which no one knew how to study for
I think there was a good amount...it was hard to tell the difference sometimes between Anat and OMM

i felt the same way but i passed. it's pathetic that we put in so much hard work to be exposed to such a vague and poorly written test

Any input on what you may have done differently would be amazinglyyyyy appreciated. Ie: Comquest vs combank or whether you would have studied a particular topic more. Most of the buzz last year was regarding management questions which no one knew how to study for

I went through Uworld and combank getting through both with a decent percentage. I thought 70% of the micro was just insane. I knew sketchy inside and out and felt that it didnt help out at all mainly due to the stem being extremely vague. As far as anat goes they just loved UE/LE stuff. Had some pretty specific questions that I wouldve expected to get during anat first year. I mean take all of this with a grain of salt cause i couldve just freaked myself out test day and really blew it so I feel like my experience might not of been like others. Hope my info helps though...just try to crush it

Last edited:
I went through Uworld and combank getting through both with a decent percentage. I thought 70% of the micro was just insane. I knew sketchy inside and out and felt that it didnt help out at all mainly due to the stem being extremely vague. As far as anat goes they just loved UE/LE stuff. Had some pretty specific questions that I wouldve expected to get during anat first year. I mean take all of this with a grain of salt cause i couldve just freaked myself out test day and really blew it so I feel like my experience might not of been like others. Hope my info helps though...just try to crush it
I took it the same day and felt the SAME way. I felt super strong in Micro going in and maybe I let the test get into my head, but by the end I felt like I didn't know micro at all-and there seemed to be a ton! hope it works out for us.

Appreciate the input bud! Heres to breakin 600 man! Hope you killed it as well