*** Official 2011 Waitlist Movement Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

is there really no news today??

is there really no news today??

I would assume that the admissions committees need time to assess the current movement, review their alternate lists, and make decisions on whom to offer these now vacant slots.

I'm sure the turn-around-time differs from program to program; but I wouldn't be surprised if wait-listed applicants don't hear much until later this week or the start of next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waitlisted at Cinci, apparently in the middle third. Does that mean I have no chance since I am not in the top third? And also if I don't hear by the end of next week I would assume that means it's unlikely I will get in?

Hey guys.. just wanted to let you know that there were a few acceptances from UPitt from the waitlist.. I know how anxious the waiting can be so best of luck getting off the waitlists you are waiting for!

Since no one has posted recent waitlist movements, it looks like the University of Missouri is already into the middle third on their waitlist and University of Kansas waitlist has been activated as well for those waiting on those schools.

I got accepted in Pittsburgh today after 3 update letters and 2 additional LORs.

The GWU waitlist is moving, I'm hoping to hop on board

have you all heard of any recent movements in texas schools? seems like there is less movement this year. :(

Thought I'd interrupt this thread so we can all pass our times by singing :) (Sorry about the length)

Sung to the tune of "I Know It's Today" from Shrek the Musical:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8qkAm4Tq4

Modified lyrics (as befits most of our situations):

YOUNG FIONA:
(Sung)
There’s a pre-med
On the waitlist
Oh my gosh, that’s just like me
Poor Rapunzel
Wants to get in
But the adcom's yet to meet
She passes time by singing
Like someone else I know
As days go by she sits and waits…
As weeks go by? Uh oh
A torturous existence
I don’t remember this part!
She wishes she were dead?
Skip ahead skip ahead!
But in the end she gets a packet in the mail,
She's finally been accepted - a financial package too!

So I know, I'll get in
Cause there are rules and there are strictures
I believe the stories that I hear on SDN
My white coat, stethoscope
Will look just like these pictures!
It won’t be long now, I guarantee!
Day number…23.
I know its today
I know its today

TEENSAGE FIONA:
(Spoken)
Oh here's a good one! It's a classic!

(Sung)
There’s a pre-med
In a rumpus
Glad its her instead of me.
Pretty maiden's
File has been lost
How I wonder does she sleep?
Blah blah blah, call Admissions
Boring boring call again
Filler filler, been there, read that!
Now the Dean is on the scene.
Skip ahead, skip ahead…
But in the end the pre-med wakes up with a start
Her cell phone is a'chiming
With news that melts her heart!

So I know, it’ll appear
That my acceptance will be coming
I've been selling all my MCAT
books one by one
They will call
Any day now
The acceptance will be binding!
About time we set a departure date!
Day number…58.
I know it's today.
It’ll show up today....

FIONA:
...ay...
There’s a pre-med
Any pre-med
Take your pick, they’re all like me
Not exactly, I’m still waiting
they’re living happily
Ever after better get here
I want love in seconds flat
No one needs these middle bits
Oops, did I do that?

Cut the letters, cut the vamping
Cut those interviews
Cut the perils and the pitfalls
Cut the update and the suits
Cut the monsters, cut the curses
Keep the intro, cut the verses
And the waiting, the waiting, the waiting, the waiting
The waiting!

But I know, I'll get in
Though I seem a bit bipolar
And I’m a vandal now as well, though they won’t mind
I’m a find, I’m a catch
And a very gifted bowler!
Day number…

Are you there God?
It’s me Fiona…

ALL FIONAS:
It’s me Fiona!

Now I know, it'll appear
Cause there are rules and there are strictures
I believe the stories that I hear on SDN
My white coat, stethoscope
Will look just like these pictures!

YOUNG FIONA
Day number 23

TEENAGE FIONA
Day number 58

FIONA:
Day number 83

YOUNG FIONA
I know its today, oooo

TEENAGE FIONA
I know its today, oooo

FIONA,
I know its today, oooo

YOUNG FIONA
I know its today, oooo

TEENAGE FIONA
I know its today, oooo

FIONA,
I Know it's today

ALL FIONAS,
I know it's today!

Is it just me or is the waitlist movement excrusiatingly slow?? Seems like there isn't much movement ANYWHERE. this thread is too quiet...

Sent via Tapatalk on Android

I have been stalking SDN forums for two years and until now had no reason to join or post. Being a waitlisted student I would agree,
its quiet..........too quiet........

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got in! Third cycle, over 100 rejection. Few osteo acceptances this year but my first allopathic! So excited!

Stats: 37mcat
4.0 post bacc
3.5 undergrad

Where where????!

Edit: YAAAAA Congrats!!!

Last edited:
is it just me or is the waitlist movement excrusiatingly slow?? Seems like there isn't much movement anywhere. This thread is too quiet...

Sent via tapatalk on android

+1

Thanks! EVMS is the school! So excited.

waitlists seem to be moving especially slow this year

waitlists seem to be moving especially slow this year

I agree! It is verging on torture. Anyone have any recommendations on how to make it through the waiting in high spirits??

I agree! It is verging on torture. Anyone have any recommendations on how to make it through the waiting in high spirits??

Couldnt agree more. What is going onnnnnn

Drink some spirits ;)

But yeah.. I agree this is torture.

Woah. Haven't been checking many school-specific threads, but literally no one's posted here. Are WLs moving slowly this year???
EDIT: Oops, I see others above have already made this observation.

Please move...:scared:

Please move...:scared:

Anyone know of friends or friends of friends who have gotten off a waitlist somewhere? I'm curious if the lack of movement is because no one is posting about it, or because this year is really just that slow

Thought I'd post to give everyone here some hope. I got off the waitlist at Cincinnati on May 23. I interviewed the very last day, March 15, and was later in the upper third of the WL. Good luck to everyone out there waiting! It definitely isn't a pleasant feeling.

UofL's waitlist has had movement.

Please hang in there...I am routing for you'll:luck:

Anyone know of friends or friends of friends who have gotten off a waitlist somewhere? I'm curious if the lack of movement is because no one is posting about it, or because this year is really just that slow

so has university at buffalo and university of arizona <---- Hit #61 just now. U of A was my top choice but I didn't get waitlisted :(. Whatever I'm over it lol. Honestly we probably are just not seeing it on sdn because it is definitely happening.

I think this year might take the prize for worst movement ever (or worst SDN posting about movement). Awesome!

I think people are posting for each school more than here. I am waiting on Tennessee myself. :scared:

Hope you all are hanging in there in spite of the torturous mix of pain and hope of the wait list!

Just curious - what are some of your expectations for when the wait list "ends" or when you'll move on to plan b? Does the shuffle keep happening quite a bit through June, or are we are approaching the date when things start to freeze up for fall?

Best wishes, fellow waiters!

Thought I'd post to give everyone here some hope. I got off the waitlist at Cincinnati on May 23. I interviewed the very last day, March 15, and was later in the upper third of the WL. Good luck to everyone out there waiting! It definitely isn't a pleasant feeling.

Would you mind sharing your demographic information(IS/OS, etc) since that seems to be the primary thing Cinci looks at for movement on their wait list.

I know about 6 people (including myself :))who got off of UCSF's WL last week, so don't give up hope yet!

Southern Illinois University School of Medicine startswithb (WL: 4/4. A: 5/10)
University of Central Florida (WL: 1/14, A: 3/24)
Medical College of Wisconsin (WL:4/1, A: 6/6)

Hopefully, this will get the ball rolling again on posting WL/A on this thread as well as the individual school threads.

Southern Illinois University School of Medicine startswithb (WL: 4/4. A: 5/10)
University of Central Florida chastyre (WL: 1/14, A: 3/24)
Medical College of Wisconsin littlecritter88 (WL:4/1, A: 6/6)

Hopefully, this will get the ball rolling again on posting WL/A on this thread as well as the individual school threads.

Would you mind sharing your demographic information(IS/OS, etc) since that seems to be the primary thing Cinci looks at for movement on their wait list.

Yep, no problem. IS female.

my friend got into stritch off the waitlist today. these lists are moving like molasses but hopefully there will be a burst of movement soon or else i may lose my mind.

my friend got into stritch off the waitlist today. these lists are moving like molasses but hopefully there will be a burst of movement soon or else i may lose my mind.

I agree. I'm going nuts here.

Sent via Tapatalk on Android

Got off the waitlist a few weeks ago at U Toledo...and seen a few people on SDN say the same. So there's that.

Edit: Just got off the waitlist at Wright State as well!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates and congrats on the many recent acceptances! At least for me, the acceptances provide little bursts of hope in this otherwise painful wait.

So, who is getting creative about how they are distracting themselves and passing the time? Looking for suggestions! :)

So I'm on a few WLs and if I don't hear anything as of the end of this week, I feel it is time to throw in the towel and finish up the application for the next cycle. Do people ever ask admissions officers about ways to improve their applications for the next cycle (especially at schools where one gets WL'd)?

So I'm on a few WLs and if I don't hear anything as of the end of this week, I feel it is time to throw in the towel and finish up the application for the next cycle. Do people ever ask admissions officers about ways to improve their applications for the next cycle (especially at schools where one gets WL'd)?

I called a few schools (Case, OU, and I cant remember who else) and they were very receptive to talking with me about ways to improve my application. Most of what they told me i already knew (aka, improve my mcat score) but I still learned of other things I could do. I would highly reccommend calling and at least asking if someone woudl talk to you..it can't hurt.

That being said..don't completely give up yet! It's only early june..I just got off a waitlist today so thiings are still moving

I called a few schools (Case, OU, and I cant remember who else) and they were very receptive to talking with me about ways to improve my application. Most of what they told me i already knew (aka, improve my mcat score) but I still learned of other things I could do. I would highly reccommend calling and at least asking if someone woudl talk to you..it can't hurt.

That being said..don't completely give up yet! It's only early june..I just got off a waitlist today so thiings are still moving

Congrats!!

Do you suggest calling schools that you are already on the waitlist for though?

From where I have called....they are full so that is why the waitlist hasn't really been moving...I don't know how that can change any faster =[

Do you suggest calling schools that you are already on the waitlist for though?

From where I have called....they are full so that is why the waitlist hasn't really been moving...I don't know how that can change any faster =[

This is what I would do:

I would just call and ask to speak to whoever, dean of admissions or whoever is willing to talk to you and knows your file. I would say who you are and that you're currently on the waitlist, and even though you are remaining hopeful about an acceptance you also want to be realistic and are going to begin the process of reapplying (if you are). I would just say that you really liked the school so you'd like to do anything you can to improve your application and therefore chances of getting in to that school next year. And then see what they say.

For an acceptance for this year I agree that there's not really anything you can do to improve your application since I'm sure if the waitlist is going to be ranked its ranked already. But I don't see why showing an interest in the school and a determination to get in next year would hurt. I'm sure they'd make a note of it...and if you DO end up having to reapply (which I truly hope you don't!) you know exactly what to do between now and next year.

In a nutshell...it can't hurt, so why not. GL:luck::luck:

I think its always a good idea to show continued interest. Let them know you really want to be there. That said, don't badger them or be annoying.

So, who is getting creative about how they are distracting themselves and passing the time? Looking for suggestions! :)

Making margaritas. Just purchased a new blender :)

Making margaritas. Just purchased a new blender :)

Haha...nice!

I think its always a good idea to show continued interest. Let them know you really want to be there. That said, don't badger them or be annoying.

Agreed, but it's hard to know where the line is between showing continued interest and being annoying! Is once/month acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.