OFFICIAL 2009 Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Amanda :) I have it on good authority that the admissions committee goes through every file at least twice even after the initial cut is made. I doubt the initial "cut" is based on any one factor alone as there are students currently in the program who did not have stellar GRE scores for example, but make up for it in other areas.

Good luck! :luck:

So does this mean they are still sending invites? :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I just missed a call from St. John's about fifteen minutes ago, but they did not leave a message. I tried to call back, but the number on my caller ID was their main switchboard, so I have no way of contacting the person that called me. I do not think this has to do with my candidacy because I already scheduled an interview there, but I am wondering why they called me. Has anyone else received a call from them this evening?

I am trying to keep my mind off the wait but it seems too much of an effort to do that :D So I relent and check my emails and this forum.

I had begun reading "Man's Search for Meaning" but its way too deep for me to focus on right now. For now, watching "Bones" online is my only other refuge :laugh:

I've been watching bad Reality TV, and I just finished the season premier of 24.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know!!! It may be today or bust but let's see what we hear........

I would love to call again and find out but they know I called already since we had to give the social. ANY OTHER SJU Applicants out there waiting to hear one way or not want to call ????!!!;)

If anyone is going to NSU to interview, I'd suggest attending the "social" the night before. It is hosted by some current grad students, and it is really helpful in finding out info. I may stop by too, so you'd get to meet your fearless (now that I am matched) SDN Mod. :laugh:

Good luck everyone who has interviews this weekend! You're all capable candidates!:D

I haven't heard anything from them. Not part of the mass rejection via email but no notice of interviews or wait list. I called yesterday, but they couldn't tell me anything other than that the department had my application. Any ideas? Oh the wait :(

I haven't heard anything from them. Not part of the mass rejection via email but no notice of interviews or wait list. I called yesterday, but they couldn't tell me anything other than that the department had my application. Any ideas? Oh the wait :(

That's wierd... wonder if your not receiving emails?? When I first had hope for Fordham and other people had heard about their interview invite I called the department secretary and was told that if I didn't hear in a week either way to Email Dr. Rosenfeld (DCT). I did just that and got the bad news... he must have direct access to the files (?)

I hope that you are invited and just missed the info but I know ppl already had interviews and got offers of acceptance/rejection or waitlist. You should definetely confirm maybe it's a big mishap and you can slip in!!! :luck:

Had a phone interview with my POI at UT-Austin. Subsequently received invitation for an in-person interview. Yaay! :)

Thanks for your reply. I called the department secretary for an update. She's not sure what is going on regarding the emails. She knows that they are done interviewing but was under the impression that they were sending out rejections via snail mail. She did say to call back on Monday. I might email the DCT but that seems like a lot of work for a possible rejection email :) although I would rather find out sooner than later.

Thanks for your reply. I called the department secretary for an update. She's not sure what is going on regarding the emails. She knows that they are done interviewing but was under the impression that they were sending out rejections via snail mail. She did say to call back on Monday. I might email the DCT but that seems like a lot of work for a possible rejection email :) although I would rather find out sooner than later.

I just got this email from the department:

Committee has completed its examination of your application materials for the Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology program. This is one of the most sought after programs we offer , and the selection of candidates is very competitive. Because of the high quality of the credentials you have presented, the Committee has recommended that, while we cannot offer you admission to the Ph.D. program at this time, the Committee is offering you admission to our New York State licensure-qualifying MSE program in Mental Health Counseling for the Fall 2009 term.

I, personally, am SUPER EXCITED!!!!! Since I have no interviews to date. Yessssss.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from program secretary (PhD Clincal) inviting me to interview on 3/16!

The Clinical Psych program is still reviewing applications and still scheduling interviews. I called on Tuesday to check in.

has anyone:
been accepted at UMD?
heard of someone accepted at UMD?
gone to an interview but gotten rejected at UMD?

It's past time the they said they would get back to people....i want to know what's up in maryland!

I just called BC admissions and the person said, "We are currently reviewing the PhD candidates and if interview invites are not sent out in the next week you will hear early to mid March about the master's program"

What he said is crazy right? I thought they already did the whole interview shabang, right?

Anyone that is still interested and/or holding out for Yeshiva....

I called today and I was told that interviews are still being extended at least until the end of the month if not into the beginning of March.

Invitation for formal interview at Stony Brook! (clinical PhD, call from POI)

I know someone already posted about this, but hey, I'm excited. :)

Invitation for formal interview at Stony Brook! (clinical PhD, call from POI)

I know someone already posted about this, but hey, I'm excited. :)

Did you just get the interview invitation?

I received an interview invitation via email from the secretary at the Counseling Psychology Psy.D. Program at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis, Minnesota today!! Interview dates are a choice between 2/25, 2/26, 2/27.

Jon

Sorry I guess this is kinda unrelated but have any of you guys thought about checking out potential advisors on pickaprof or ratemyprofessor, etc? I just thought of it!!!

Does anyone have a sense of how many students receive interview invites at Rutgers? It's not up with their admissions data on the website and I'm a bit curious.

I can tell you that in the past they have usually interviewed about 50 students, give or take. My guess is that it will be similar this year, but cannot say for sure.

PS- I'm a student there.

Anyone hear from Cincinnati yesterday??...nothing here

Nope... I plan on emailing them on Monday if I don't hear anything. Supposedly their interview is in less than 2 weeks. I live with in driving distance, however, I feel bad for anyone who might need to fly on such short notice.

I just got this email from the department:

Committee has completed its examination of your application materials for the Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology program. This is one of the most sought after programs we offer , and the selection of candidates is very competitive. Because of the high quality of the credentials you have presented, the Committee has recommended that, while we cannot offer you admission to the Ph.D. program at this time, the Committee is offering you admission to our New York State licensure-qualifying MSE program in Mental Health Counseling for the Fall 2009 term.

I, personally, am SUPER EXCITED!!!!! Since I have no interviews to date. Yessssss.

Congrats! I got that email too, and have had a few interviews but am not too hopeful. Think you will go? I also got a similar email inviting me to Columbia's EdM program (which I think is basically the same thing). I have been trying to make a compare/contrast list, as I can't seem to find any information comparing these programs online. I want to eventually pursue a PsyD or Counseling PhD and I think the masters would be a good start, but I also know it will probably add 2 years to my education. Thoughts?

Nope... I plan on emailing them on Monday if I don't hear anything. Supposedly their interview is in less than 2 weeks. I live with in driving distance, however, I feel bad for anyone who might need to fly on such short notice.

I haven't heard anything yet, either; however, I did speak to someone who got a phone call from them on Thursday for an interview invite, but she said it was from the POI, not from the secretary...

If you hear anything from them, let me know!!! :confused:

Hi everyone,

Just got an e-mail inviting me to apply for the Arthur Zankel fellowship at TC, Columbia U. I have not been asked to an interview nor been accepted (can one be accepted without an interview?).

Wondering what this means and if it is sent out to all applicants no matter what their acceptance status.

Has anyone else get this or know an update for CU's Clinical program please?

Boy, this is a stressful time... ._.

Hi everyone,

Just got an e-mail inviting me to apply for the Arthur Zankel fellowship at TC, Columbia U. I have not been asked to an interview nor been accepted (can one be accepted without an interview?).

Wondering what this means and if it is sent out to all applicants no matter what their acceptance status.

If it was a mass email, it was probably just sent to everyone on the applicant mailing list. If it was an individual email, I would definitely call on Monday to see what's up.

Hi everyone,

I received something similar to that a month or two ago. I also received this email on Wednesday:

"Thank you for your application to Teachers College, Columbia University. The Office of Admission has posted a decision regarding your application.
You can receive your decision online by accessing the Online Application.
To view your decision you will need both the PIN and Password you created when you submitted your online application. Your PIN appears at the top of this e-mail. If you have lost or forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your PIN or Password?" button here to receive your password via e-mail."

Thanks Bpsych. I logged on and I have no messages or an update of my application status. No news is good news? Were you accepted to TC I hope?

Thanks again and best of luck to everyone.

I have interviewed at:
LaSalle University PsyD
Mass. School of Prof Psychology PsyD
University of Iowa School Psych PhD

I WILL be interviewing at:
Pacific University PsyD
PGSP-Stanford PsyD

Has anyone interviewed at PGSP or Pacific and can tell me about the area/program/process?

Anyone heard from UNC-G? I am curious because I applied to the Clinical PhD program and still havent heard back anything.

Last edited:
I received the fellowship email from TC, as well, but have also not heard about an interview or admissions decision. I applied for the School Psych program, so I'm not sure whether the admissions process is similar or different. Are you going to apply for the fellowship even though you haven't heard back? Goodluck & keep us posted!

I haven't heard anything yet, either; however, I did speak to someone who got a phone call from them on Thursday for an interview invite, but she said it was from the POI, not from the secretary...

If you hear anything from them, let me know!!! :confused:

Hi Everyone :) I just found this forum and I am very glad :)
I wanted to let you know I received a phone call and email from my POI from U of Cinci last week inviting me for an interview to the clinical psychology (child) Ph.D. program on March 6th!

It was an individual email so I think maybe they are doing it by POI?!

Hi everyone,

I received that email last year and I was not accepted to the PhD program or received an invite for an interview. However, later I received later a packet stating that I was accepted to their masters program

Also, has anyone heard anything from the University of Hawaii-Manoa clinical Ph.D. program??

I received a similar email on Friday. Went online, checked the status link and it led to a letter that broke down my rejection into three paragraphs and gave me a pdf of the same :oops:

I had not heard from them at all and knew this had to be a rejection.

Wish you better luck than I have had with them.

I received something similar to that a month or two ago. I also received this email on Wednesday:

"Thank you for your application to Teachers College, Columbia University. The Office of Admission has posted a decision regarding your application.
You can receive your decision online by accessing the Online Application.
To view your decision you will need both the PIN and Password you created when you submitted your online application. Your PIN appears at the top of this e-mail. If you have lost or forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your PIN or Password?" button here to receive your password via e-mail."

Anyone heard anything about the clinical PhD program? Interview invites, acceptances, rejections, anything? Not a peep on this forum, unless I've overlooked something.

Thanks!

Hi all. I applied to the Clinical program.

The fellowship email was addressed directly to me, but that could have still been sent to everyone that applied. I will call Monday and see.

SO, A QUESTION TO EVERYONE- IF I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANY DEPARTMENTS, IS THERE ANY REAL CHANCE THAT I CAN STILL BE IN THE RUNNING? I hear something about a drop dead date of April 15?

Thanks everybody!

Hi everyone,

Hi guys,

I got that too and my understanding is that it's just a mass email sent to all applicants. The interview for Clinical Phd is this Wednesday (I got an email invite about a week or two ago) so to be honest I think they won't be sending more invites. However, I always hear that some schools do another round if they don't find what they are looking for so who knows. I think it's not a bad idea to call them this week.
Best of luck!

I have interviewed at:
LaSalle University PsyD
Mass. School of Prof Psychology PsyD
University of Iowa School Psych PhD

I WILL be interviewing at:
Pacific University PsyD
PGSP-Stanford PsyD

Has anyone interviewed at PGSP or Pacific and can tell me about the area/program/process?

How was your lasalle interview? I have mine next monday

Anyone heard anything about the clinical PhD program? Interview invites, acceptances, rejections, anything? Not a peep on this forum, unless I've overlooked something.

Thanks!

I haven't heard ANYTHING either. Has anyone called over there yet?

Also, has anyone heard anything from the University of Hawaii-Manoa clinical Ph.D. program??

I haven't heard from them either. But someone previously posted that they won't be doing interviews until March. Hope this puts you at ease for a couple of days :)

Anyone know if every applicant who is rejected from the PhD is offered admission to the masters?

Sorry I guess this is kinda unrelated but have any of you guys thought about checking out potential advisors on pickaprof or ratemyprofessor, etc? I just thought of it!!!

I didn't do that when I applied, & I wouldn't necessarily buy in to what it says. The ratings are from undergrads, & grad students have very different relationships with their advisors than undergrads do. I'd be quite surprised if a pool of grad students & a pool of undergrads rated a professor the same.

Hi all. I applied to the Clinical program.

The fellowship email was addressed directly to me, but that could have still been sent to everyone that applied. I will call Monday and see.

SO, A QUESTION TO EVERYONE- IF I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANY DEPARTMENTS, IS THERE ANY REAL CHANCE THAT I CAN STILL BE IN THE RUNNING? I hear something about a drop dead date of April 15?

Thanks everybody!

I got that too and haven't received a rejection yet, so let me know what they say when you call (if you don't mind) :)

Anyone know if every applicant who is rejected from the PhD is offered admission to the masters?

The fact that you did not receive the official rejection letter suggests to me that you're likely already admitted into the MA program (I got my MA here). You'll be contacted in March with a letter informing you of your acceptance.

For those of you who are interviewing at SLU, were you able to schedule a one-on-one interview with your POI? Mine isn't available on the day I chose. This makes me wonder if I misunderstood their mentorship model (the website doesn't give any information; I had inferred from emails with my POI back in the fall that we'd be admitted to work with a specific mentor). If anyone can clarify this aspect of the program for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Has anyone found a current list of clinical program rankings, and/or all-around psych program rankings? :cool:

I know that to an extent, rankings are not particularly meaningful for personal decision-making about school attendance, since so much depends on your interest and your POI, but I was just curious if anyone had a current list to use as a general guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.