OFFICIAL 2009 Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told this afternoon that all invites have been extended but that people can be interviewed if others do not accept... still doesn't sound optimistic :(

:rolleyes: Oh Well!
Thanks for your update.
Its just such a huge let down.

Members don't see this ad.

:rolleyes: Oh Well!
Thanks for your update.
Its just such a huge let down.

I know, it was my top choice too. I wish she could have given me a definite no. This uncertainty is awful.

I interviewed at Pace today. It was very low-key: 40ish minute interview with 2 faculty members and then a tour of their clinic led by a student. I was out in an hour and left feeling very unsatisfied. I definitely asked more about them than they asked about me, and I got a glimpse of the rubric that they use to judge interviewees, which consisted of a few Likert Scale questions like "confidence" and "work experience". Apparently they are interviewing over 100 for a class of 20 max. I just don't understand how they can expect to rule so many people out with such a simple evaluation.

...ok, that was my rant for the evening.

University of Cincinnati's interview is in 2 and a half weeks, and I haven't heard anything... has anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Cincinnati's interview is in 2 and a half weeks, and I haven't heard anything... has anyone else?

I haven't heard anything. Someone had mentioned something on either this thread or the rejection thread that they had received a rejection letter, but I haven't heard anything from anyone else confirming that. On 2/4 I received an email (after I had sent an email) saying that my file is still in the review stage and they were behind because of 2 snow storms in the past week. Have heard nothing since. If anyone hears of anything please post.

I've still heard nothing as well. Seems like they might be having some problems there :/

first-time poster, long-time anxious reader here...

does anyone know what is going on with iu?
did anyone else apply there?

I applied there as well and haven't heard anything either. In fact, I haven't heard one way or the other from 9 of the 14 schools to which I applied (the others were one acceptance, two upcoming interviews, and two rejections).

Does anyone have a sense of how many students receive interview invites at Rutgers? It's not up with their admissions data on the website and I'm a bit curious.
They interview about 50 people....also, to the other person who asked, I called today and the woman said that all invites were sent out...

I called Hawaii-Manoa and the person I spoke with said they wont be doing phone interviews until March. Also my transcript stuff was updated on the portal within weeks of ordering transcripts. Not sure if its different for the MA program?

Originally Posted by gisspy
hi everyone! this is my first time posting but i've have been following this thread for a while.

i applied to the sdsu ma program and was wondering...for those who applied to the sdsu/ucsd jdp, how long did it take for them to update the transcripts/scores you mailed to enrollment processing?? i gave them a majority of my transcripts 2 months before the due date and it says on my portal that they haven't received it. when i called, they said they're behind 3 weeks and to wait. but...i mailed them my last transcript a week before the app was due and that's gone through. should i just order them all again and mail another set?

also...did anyone hear from hawaii manoa?

I am attending the interview at Loyola this Friday (11 hours!?!) and I have been told that they make their acceptance decisions very quickly. Can anyone attest to this? I've even heard as soon as the same day they will let you know. Normally, I'd say this is too quick, but seeing how they are interviewing all applicants the same day and it is an 11 hour day, maybe this is possible?? Any info would be appreciated!

I am attending the interview at Loyola this Friday (11 hours!?!) and I have been told that they make their acceptance decisions very quickly. Can anyone attest to this? I've even heard as soon as the same day they will let you know. Normally, I'd say this is too quick, but seeing how they are interviewing all applicants the same day and it is an 11 hour day, maybe this is possible?? Any info would be appreciated!

I can't speak for Loyola, but I can tell you I had a 12 hour day (9-9, exhausting) and one of the grad students told me at the reception, but I have yet to hear official confirmation. She told me that someone told her at her interview day reception, so she felt she should pay it forward.

So maybe you find out unofficially? I feel like it would be difficult to pull you in an office or something and be like "HEY WE PICKED YOU ... but don't tell the others"

best of luck!

I can't speak for Loyola, but I can tell you I had a 12 hour day (9-9, exhausting) and one of the grad students told me at the reception, but I have yet to hear official confirmation. She told me that someone told her at her interview day reception, so she felt she should pay it forward.

So maybe you find out unofficially? I feel like it would be difficult to pull you in an office or something and be like "HEY WE PICKED YOU ... but don't tell the others"

best of luck!

Thanks for the info! At this point, I think I'd be more than happy to hear 'unofficially' that I was accepted!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know, it was my top choice too. I wish she could have given me a definite no. This uncertainty is awful.

I interviewed at Pace today. It was very low-key: 40ish minute interview with 2 faculty members and then a tour of their clinic led by a student. I was out in an hour and left feeling very unsatisfied. I definitely asked more about them than they asked about me, and I got a glimpse of the rubric that they use to judge interviewees, which consisted of a few Likert Scale questions like "confidence" and "work experience". Apparently they are interviewing over 100 for a class of 20 max. I just don't understand how they can expect to rule so many people out with such a simple evaluation.

I feel your pain....on internship interviews sites interview 50+ people for 1-2 spots.

I know- I just hope to be called/contacted either way:thumbup::thumbdown:

I am with you both! :) I keep playing her words over again in my head about contacting people...she did say either that afternoon or "a few days later." Since Monday was a holiday, let's hope it's today!

Best of luck to you both!

Has anyone heard from Saint Louis University? I know that the e-mail they sent said the 19th but I assumed since they made their decisions yesterday that pple would have been notified by now...

Since many people seem to be coming back from several interviews... don't forget to update the Interview Feedback section on the site! It's still not even close to representing the number of people on here who have great feedback to add.

I don't know what the MA program is like, but it took approx. 2 weeks for all my info to be processed for the jdp. Good luck!

I also applied to the MA program and it took about a week for them to confirm they had my information. I called them. They also called me two times to ask me a few questions like if I would test on animals and something about one of my undergraduate courses.

Since many people seem to be coming back from several interviews... don't forget to update the Interview Feedback section on the site! It's still not even close to representing the number of people on here who have great feedback to add.

A lot of schools aren't listed on there- is there a moderator who adds the schools?

Anyone know if LIU Brooklyn is still offering interviews.

Thanks....

A lot of schools aren't listed on there- is there a moderator who adds the schools?

I think the issue is more that not a lot of people submit reviews of the interview experiences.

Has anyone heard from Saint Louis University? I know that the e-mail they sent said the 19th but I assumed since they made their decisions yesterday that pple would have been notified by now...

They said that they would contact people by the 19th by email, phone call or by letter, so it could be taking a while.

I interviewed at the first interview day at Loyola and they specifically told us that they will be meeting on the 26th (next Thursday) to make their decisions because they decide as a group. They don't have a strict mentor model which means the individual professors aren't making the decisions. They need to meet as a group and discuss. So anyway, people should hear if they are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected Thursday or Friday next week.

Phone interview turned into offer of in-person interview at Stony Brook, March 9.

Yep, I interviewed their last yr on a Friday and heard on Monday.

Congrats, rmenoch! Glad one of us Montana-hopefuls got somewhere :D

Invited today by phone by a grad student....interview March 7.
My very first invite!

I also received an invite to SLU today via phone call from a grad student. Interview dates are March 5, 6, or 7th. So excited!

Yep, I interviewed their last yr on a Friday and heard on Monday.

Thanks! I hope that it works out that way this year - My partner has to submit his Match list for residency on the 25th and it would be a great help to know about Loyola in drafting his match list. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed!! :)

This may have already been anticipated, but Fordham U. sent a mass e-mail this evening informing applicants that they are done with interviews and have extended offers and also have formed a wait list. They stated that there were more than 500 applicants for 10 spots.

Best of luck to everyone!

This is my first post on here, but I have a situation I'm not sure how to handle.

I called a school last week to ask about the status of my application and if interviews were still being sent out and the DCT told me to call him back in 2 days and he would let me know "either way" I called back 2 days later and he informed me that my file was still not given to him, but to write him an email with my email address and he will let me know when he finds out.

In the mean time interviews have been extended on 2 occasions since the 2nd day I spoke with him (and before that) so how long do I wait before I call or email again, or should I just wait it out?

I feel your pain....on internship interviews sites interview 50+ people for 1-2 spots.

I am trying to keep my mind off the wait but it seems too much of an effort to do that :D So I relent and check my emails and this forum.

I had begun reading "Man's Search for Meaning" but its way too deep for me to focus on right now. For now, watching "Bones" online is my only other refuge :laugh:

Anyone hear back from FDU yet?

Funny you say that.

I liked the FDU interview. We had two interviews each with one faculty and one student. This was accompanied by a tour of their facility by the students. All in all, a positive experience. I thought I did well..........and so did all the other candidates I spoke to :laugh:

Just a reminder.......

Hi guys,

For those who have been lucky enough to receive some acceptances please consider posting those on the acceptance thread!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=599592&page=2

Yayyyy I got an interview for Saint Louis University last night via phone call from a grad student. I am so happy! As previously mentioned the interview days are the 5, 6, and 7th. Apparently, I should be getting more info in an e-mail soon. wooohooooo...

I was told this afternoon that all invites have been extended but that people can be interviewed if others do not accept... still doesn't sound optimistic :(

I'm curious who you heard that from? I called them yesterday morning to figure out something with my GRE scores and the secretary told me that they were still sending out invites over the next few days....

(This is for Rutgers PsyD!)

I called on Tuesday and the secretary told me all invites had already been sent out...but perhaps they are leaving open the possibility of people who reply that they are not going to come to the interview, which I guess could possibly open up a few spots....but I'm not getting my hopes up...

Might be a lost cause but... anybody else heard from SJU since the last interview invite via Email on 2/13?

My file is "still with the admissions dept" according to whomever had answered the graduate admissions phone... I wonder how it works with deciding...

Do admissions comittees open everyones file or is it only after you make the number cut will they even look at your other credentials??

I've still heard nothing as well. Seems like they might be having some problems there :/

Same here...I'm beginning to get very frustrated. I think it's pretty ridiculous, especially for the people who have to make travel arrangements, etc :mad:

I'm curious who you heard that from? I called them yesterday morning to figure out something with my GRE scores and the secretary told me that they were still sending out invites over the next few days....

(This is for Rutgers PsyD!)

The secretary, Alicia told me.

Funny you say that.

I liked the FDU interview. We had two interviews each with one faculty and one student. This was accompanied by a tour of their facility by the students. All in all, a positive experience. I thought I did well..........and so did all the other candidates I spoke to :laugh:

Oh, I was talking about Pace, not FDU. Maybe I should have applied there!

Might be a lost cause but... anybody else heard from SJU since the last interview invite via Email on 2/13?

My file is "still with the admissions dept" according to whomever had answered the graduate admissions phone... I wonder how it works with deciding...

Do admissions comittees open everyones file or is it only after you make the number cut will they even look at your other credentials??

Hi Amanda :) I have it on good authority that the admissions committee goes through every file at least twice even after the initial cut is made. I doubt the initial "cut" is based on any one factor alone as there are students currently in the program who did not have stellar GRE scores for example, but make up for it in other areas.

Good luck! :luck:

Hi Amanda :) I have it on good authority that the admissions committee goes through every file at least twice even after the initial cut is made. I doubt the initial "cut" is based on any one factor alone as there are students currently in the program who did not have stellar GRE scores for example, but make up for it in other areas.

Good luck! :luck:

Thanks... that is superb information... :luck:you're the best!

Same here...I'm beginning to get very frustrated. I think it's pretty ridiculous, especially for the people who have to make travel arrangements, etc :mad:

Same here as well! I agree PsyDee

Good luck everyone with Cincinnati!

Status
Not open for further replies.