OFFICIAL 2008 Interview Invite Thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone--

I was wondering if anyone received their invitation for an interview at St. Louis University (SLU). I haven't received one yet--it's currently 4:30 p.m. Central Time on Wednesday, February 27, 2008.

I'm getting that sinking feeling. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I know some were asking a page or two back about hearing from greensboro. I just got an e-mail from my POI inviting me to interview on Monday, March 3. Turns out someone withdrew their application and I was an alternate. So, from this I assume all prelim interview invites have gone out.

Also, does anyone know anything about the program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about the reputation of the clinical PsyD program at Pacific University in Oregon. In particular how does the program compare with the PsyD program at Denver? Feel free to PM me! Thanks!

Did anyone apply to UC Davis? I have many questions about their application process and the online application status tracking component. I know they do not have a clinical program but if anyone could PM if they applied this year...whether you were accepted or rejected...I will buy you a beer! :)

not really but I would appreciate it! :)

I just received an email from Saint Louis University for an interview on March 13, 14 or 15 for the Clinical Psych Ph.D. program.

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about the reputation of the clinical PsyD program at Pacific University in Oregon. In particular how does the program compare with the PsyD program at Denver? Feel free to PM me! Thanks!

I'd be interested to hear this answer as well.

Long time listener, first time caller
St Johns emailed me on Monday and LIU emailed me on Tuesday to set up interviews. This was after they had called me post deadline (I sent in everything on Dec 15th and called the first week in Jan to check that everything was received) to tell me items were missing. I'm just posting to let people know that if you haven't been contacted there is hope that you will still be invited (St Johns has interviews on March 3 and March 12) and if you were informed that items were missing and you corrected it, your application will still be considered.

Co-worker (4th yr in the program) told me there's an extra interview day in addition to 2/23 & 3/1 (Wed 3/5) because 29 applications were misplaced in the admissions office!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Antioch New England's interviews were on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (mine was March 1st, Saturday).

Do you know if interviews were extended for Master's School Psychology applicants as well? Thanks

I don't know when interview invites were extended, but when I was @ Temple on 2/25 one of the students said that a School Psych MA interview day was sometime later that week.

Called today, 3/2, for an interview on Wed. 3/5

has anyone who applied to Purdue University heard anything?

Seriously? Has really no one heard anything from Wisconsin-Madison at all (clinical PhD)?

Seriously? Has really no one heard anything from Wisconsin-Madison at all (clinical PhD)?

I know someone that had a phone interview with a prof from UW-Madison. It was over a month ago, though.

has anyone who applied to Purdue University heard anything?

I interviewed there on Feb 22nd for non-clinical psych and they had their clinical applicants there that weekend too, sorry to be the bearer of bad news :( But there weren't too many there, they might pull from the wait list. I know for my lab spot only 2 were interviewed, so if neither of us accept it they might go to the wait list. Perhaps clinical is the same?

I interviewed there on Feb 22nd for non-clinical psych and they had their clinical applicants there that weekend too, sorry to be the bearer of bad news :( But there weren't too many there, they might pull from the wait list. I know for my lab spot only 2 were interviewed, so if neither of us accept it they might go to the wait list. Perhaps clinical is the same?

thanks for the info! i tried calling the department secretary but couldn't get a straight answer :rolleyes:

I got an interview at BU School of Medicine's Behavioral Neuroscience Ph.D. program.... Rejected everywhere else so finger's crossed!!!!

I know someone that had a phone interview with a prof from UW-Madison. It was over a month ago, though.

I heard talk at an interview this past weekend that they heard one person had been invited to interview. I just think its weird that we haven't heard of more. It might be on a POI by POI basis. Davidson, anyone?

Also, does anyone know anything about the program?

UNCG is an amazing program with a perfect blend of clinical and research training. I am a current student and I truly enjoy the faculty and my fellow students. We have great clinical/publishing/teaching opportunities, we secure excellent internship placements, and we have a lot of fun together by going out and having cool parties. Very happy here :)

I heard talk at an interview this past weekend that they heard one person had been invited to interview. I just think its weird that we haven't heard of more. It might be on a POI by POI basis. Davidson, anyone?

I emailed the grad coordinator a while back and she said that (as you guessed) the admissions/interview process is done on a professor by professor basis, and that most letters would go out by March 15. Since it was getting into March thats why I was surprised no one had posted anything.

Is this Boston U?

Yes, Boston University's School of Medicine has a Division of Medical Sciences in which they offer a Ph.D. in Behavioral Neuroscience. I'll be interviewing there on March 18th !!!

A little late to this website. Who knew I was in such good company playing the waiting game?

Anyway, I was invited via snail mail to one of Immaculata's interview days. The letter was dated Feb 6 (application deadline was Feb 1 and I barely made it in on time). I interview there this past Monday, March 3. Fingers crossed, I'll be accepted.

Can I assume if I've not been invited to Widener's March 12 interview date that I'm not invited at all? I've emailed them several times and called and no one ever gets back to me- very frustrating!!

In pursuing admission to my first choice, I've declined an offer at the Virginia Consortium and interview with Baylor effective 3/5.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck to everyone!:)

Thought I would pass some information along. Widener's last interview date is 3/17, not 3/12 as indicated on their website.

Program coordinator told me my folder is still "under review" and could not confirm/deny that if I hadn't already been invited, that I wouldn't be invited at all for an interview.

Do you know of anyone that is planning on declining an offer from the Adult Track Clinical PhD at the University of Southern Mississippi? I was told that I was pretty high on the waitlist and I am searching for a glimmer of hope in my favor...

I am declining at the University of Northern Colorado (counseling Psy.D.) and the University of Louisville (counseling Ph.D.) and accepting at Ball State University (counseling Ph.D., GO ME! YAY!). I'm also taking myself off of the wait list at the University of North Dakota (counseling Ph.D.).

I am declining at the University of Northern Colorado (counseling Psy.D.) and the University of Louisville (counseling Ph.D.) and accepting at Ball State University (counseling Ph.D., GO ME! YAY!). I'm also taking myself off of the wait list at the University of North Dakota (counseling Ph.D.).

Congratulations! Ball State did wonders for David Letterman's career. Hoperfully, you will have the same success! Can I be one of your first guests when you get your talk show? :D

I've already accepted an offer elsewhere, but I thought this might be helpful:

"Clinical Psychology Interview Day is Friday, February 29. Students have been invited to see the campus that day and interview with faculty and graduate students. Offers will then be made to some of them."

FYI Widener is still sending out interview invites. Interview is this coming monday. If they contact you, be prepared to accept/decline the interview offer on the spot!

Hi everybody I have my interview on 14th march on phone. Can any one tell me what kind of questions are asked as I am realy tensed what they wil be asking me? Kindly share your views and experiences.
Thanks

Do you know of anyone that is planning on declining an offer from the Adult Track Clinical PhD at the University of Southern Mississippi? I was told that I was pretty high on the waitlist and I am searching for a glimmer of hope in my favor...

Actually, yes I do. She should be rejecting this week too. Good luck!

Anyone planning on/ know anyone who is planning on declining an offer to Indiana State University PsyD?
...just for my own mental health....

CHC will be sending out another round of interview invitations within the next week. Fingers crossed for an invite.

Hi everyone, anybody else going to the open house on March 28th at Brooklyn College, for Cognition, Brain, & Behavior? I received the email invitation today

Is anyone planning on turning down or accepting an offer to University of Alabama with Dr. Klinger. I am next on the waitlist and this waiting is driving me nuts! As it stands I do not have any offers. :eek: Feel free to PM me! :)

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard back from UT. I interviewed there in late February but haven't heard anything back. I'm getting nervous because they're my top choice.

Thanks,
Jen

Invite to interview either March 28 or April 1 via phone for the invite. Interview will be in person.

Call and email from my admissions counselor on 3/18 inviting me to their last interview day on March 31st! Talk about cutting it close to April 1! Phew! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.