Official 2005 ACCEPTANCE Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A couple of things:

1) Congrats to all who have received acceptances. I'm making this thread a sticky for a while so it will be easy to find/access.

2) Don't freak if you don't receive something tomorrow or the next day or even on Wednesday (12/1). Different schools follow different methods. The vast majority of schools won't even put their acceptances into the mail until Wednesday, so peeps on the west coast might not hear from east coast schools until Saturday or later.

Members don't see this ad.

ItsGavinC said:
A couple of things:

1) Congrats to all who have received acceptances. I'm making this thread a sticky for a while so it will be easy to find/access.

2) Don't freak if you don't receive something tomorrow or the next day or even on Wednesday (12/1). Different schools follow different methods. The vast majority of schools won't even put their acceptances into the mail until Wednesday, so peeps on the west coast might not hear from east coast schools until Saturday or later.

:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS all of u who've got in!

i'm paranoid since i havent even had a single interview yet :(
but all of u who got in, good job! :thumbup:

(p.s. start rejecting the schools, so us lesser mortals can get the acceptances as well ;) j/k) treat urselves!

Adding BU.... got home from Thanksgiving Weekend last night and it was in the mailbox!

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover

adding BU

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover

Ind201 said:
CONGRATS all of u who've got in!

i'm paranoid since i havent even had a single interview yet :(
but all of u who got in, good job! :thumbup:

(p.s. start rejecting the schools, so us lesser mortals can get the acceptances as well ;) j/k) treat urselves!

i second that! :laugh: :thumbup:

adding NOVA, it was an acceptance letter after all!

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover, Omaralt[/QUOTE]

I also second that. But hey, congrats to all who are already accepted and can breathe a little easier than the rest of us. God Bless.

fruity_trident said:
i second that! :laugh: :thumbup:

adding BU
Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji melonbobo
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover, Omaralt

melonbobo said:
adding BU
Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji melonbobo
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover, Omaralt

TO ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE GOTTEN IN TO BOSTON, when did you interview and what are your stats

Thank you

adding BU

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji, Brib126
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover[/QUOTE]

gUmNuMmEr19 said:
...what are your stats?..

I think posting our stats (DAT and GPA) would be a great idea. I know that when I was looking at the acceptance thread from last year it was nice to see those numbers, plus you don't have to dig around in the stats thread to help you figure out a trend for a particular school. Although I didn't apply to BU, I'll go first (NOVA):

GPAs: Overall: 3.82, Science: 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PA): 20/20/18
Degree: BA History of Art, Visual Art, 2002
Applied: (6-1-04) USC, Iowa, Nebraska, Maryland, U of Detroit Mercy, Creighton, NOVA, Case Western, Ohio, UPenn, UPitt, Marquette, Arizona
Interviews: Case, Arizona, Nebraska, UPenn, Maryland, NOVA, USC, Ohio, Creighton/IDEP
Accepted: NOVA
Attending: ???

Members don't see this ad :)
(Sigh...) It's Monday and I'm so dizzy already... Congratulations!

Someone had mentioned before, posting your stats in the sig would be really helpful.

Great idea^^, waiting for Wednesday....(for those that dont know how to edit ur sig go to the top of the page click on "User CP" then "edit signature" on the left frame.)

hey Sprgrover, just wondering, why didnt u apply to UF? are u a FL resident? u definately have the stats to get in if ur a resident. just wondering, cuz thats my number 1 choice.

omar

I like the signature thing, but I still think we should post an abbreviated set of stats (just gpa and dat) on our acceptance posts because we want people from the next years to be able to see them long after we have changed our signatures.

omaralt said:
hey Sprgrover, just wondering, why didnt u apply to UF? are u a FL resident? u definately have the stats to get in if ur a resident. just wondering, cuz thats my number 1 choice.

omar

Hey thanks, Omar. Nope, I didn't apply to UF. When I sent my application off I was still and Idaho resident, athough I did get a Florida driver's license so I could vote (I have yet to change my plates and vehicle registration over). In retrospect I probably should have applied...rest easy, I won't be swiping your seat at UF. :laugh:

Biogirl361 said:
I like the signature thing, but I still think we should post an abbreviated set of stats (just gpa and dat) on our acceptance posts because we want people from the next years to be able to see them long after we have changed our signatures.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=109905

I'm updating mine here :)

as well as the signature

adding BU! Woo-hoo! :D

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji, Brib126, superman

This thread is starting to look a gold-rush place... all the acceptances starting to roll in.

It's Official! :D

I'm kind of feeling in the minority here. I have decent scores on the DAT and GPA(19acad, 19PAT, 3.45GPA) and still haven't gotten positive or negative responses from anyone. I got one letter that was somewhat mixed from CU that said after they got my secondary info(which was already done), they would contact me to set up an interview. I'm just getting more and more nervous with all this acceptance talk already going on. Any words of wisdom out there?? Is it normal to do interviews into december and even into december?

for those of you who are accepted to BU, did you have to send your current transcript if you are enrolled in univ.?

DrTacoElf said:
OK my sig is activated I think :idea:

I like your avatar. It looks like tooth #30 (mandibular right 1st molar-patients right of course). Where did you get it???

I want one!!! (The 3 grooves on the buccal face of it give it away. :laugh: )

gccgrad02 said:
I'm kind of feeling in the minority here. I have decent scores on the DAT and GPA(19acad, 19PAT, 3.45GPA) and still haven't gotten positive or negative responses from anyone. I got one letter that was somewhat mixed from CU that said after they got my secondary info(which was already done), they would contact me to set up an interview. I'm just getting more and more nervous with all this acceptance talk already going on. Any words of wisdom out there?? Is it normal to do interviews into december and even into december?

When did you apply and yes it is defiantly normal to do interviews after december. You have excellent numbers so I wouldn't worry about getting in. Goodluck.

gUmNuMmEr19 said:
TO ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE GOTTEN IN TO BOSTON, when did you interview and what are your stats

Thank you

interview: nov. 16
overall gpa: 3.3
sci. gpa: 3.2
DAT (AA, Sci, PAT): 22, 21, 19
acceptance letter sent out: nov. 24
" " received: nov. 29th

EVN3331 said:
When did you apply and yes it is defiantly normal to do interviews after december. You have excellent numbers so I wouldn't worry about getting in. Goodluck.

I applied a little late, my application was in by mid july and my DAT was done by August. Thanks for the encouragement, its such a crappy feeling not knowing anything or hearing anything.

Darksunshine said:
I like your avatar. It looks like tooth #30 (mandibular right 1st molar-patients right of course). Where did you get it???

I want one!!! (The 3 grooves on the buccal face of it give it away. :laugh: )

I think i just went on google and searched teeth or tooth and it came up under images. Then i took a screen shot of SDN and colormatched the background in photoshop and resized it to 100 x 100 :)

luder98 said:
Someone had mentioned before, posting your stats in the sig would be really helpful.
It was my idea, I should have had copy-rights all over it. :D

Mo007 said:
It was my idea, I should have had copy-rights all over it. :D
I gave Bill J a "20" for using his sig. Here is another 20 for your bright idea :D
20.jpg

NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover, Omaralt, Piznut99

luder98 said:
I gave Bill J a "20" for using his sig. Here is another 20 for your bright idea :D
20.jpg
Thanks, I should have been chosen as a forum-moderator for such invention. :D

Mo007 said:
Thanks, I should have been chosen as a forum-moderator for such invention. :D

:eek: should my invisible ability of posting be used to fight crime? :rolleyes:

re-adding BU. people, add yourselves to the most recent list. :thumbup:

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji, melonbobo, Brib126, superman
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover, Omaralt, Piznut99

superman said:
re-adding BU. people, add yourselves to the most recent list. :thumbup:

Hey superman, who did you interview with u remember by any chance and how muchis the deposit for boston?

gUmNuMmEr19 said:
Hey superman, who did you interview with u remember by any chance and how muchis the deposit for boston?

gumnummer19, i PMed you.

ItsGavinC said:
Far too much, as I recall. In year's past it's been $3,000!

yes, it is $3,000 this year as well. :eek:

are any of the deposits refundable or no?

Dentist 2 be said:
are any of the deposits refundable or no?

All of the deposits that I have come across are non-refundable...I would say that all of them are not (much like application and secondary fees).

My first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT, Stl_to_Boston, mnrji, melonbobo, Brib126, superman
NYU: jayhov

i checked 5 times today i think (it was about 2 hours late) only to find nothing, not even a free AOL coaster, or credit card spam. :cool:

adding arizona

NYU: jayhov
Arizona: Hoffa24