Official 2005 ACCEPTANCE Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edkNARF

A is A
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First acceptance arrived today (11/26/04)! It is a long time in coming, lets get this thread started.

Boston University: edkNARF

Members don't see this ad.

edkNARF said:
First acceptance arrived today (11/26/04)! It is a long time in coming, lets get this thread started.

Wow!, so soon?

Congratulations man. :thumbup:

just wanted to say congrats comrade, good luck in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations :clap:
edkNARF said:

Adding BU!

Two things:
1) I got it on 11/26, but the letter was dated 12/01 (I live in Boston btw).
2) The envelope was a small(regular) sized one with only 3-4 papers in it(congrats letter, loan, tuition deposit $2000+1000 info.). So, don't be scared if you a get small envelope.

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster

wow! congrats edkNARF and KingHamster! :thumbup:

edkNARF said:

Congrats man!!!!

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem

wow mem and edknarf ...you know you guys are my favorite sdners and i couldnt be more happy for the both of you. =)

Dentist 2 be said:
wow mem and edknarf ...you know you guys are my favorite sdners and i couldnt be more happy for the both of you. =)

Hey mem, edknarg, and king hamster, first of all congratulations on getting in to BU. I have one question for you three though, when did you guys have your interviews at BU and what are you stats, just curious? I just want to see how I compare to those who are officially accepted. Thanks

gUmNuMmEr19 said:
Hey mem, edknarg, and king hamster, first of all congratulations on getting in to BU. I have one question for you three though, when did you guys have your interviews at BU and what are you stats, just curious? I just want to see how I compare to those who are officially accepted. Thanks

BU stats are lower than other schools. They accept MANY.

congrat Edknarg,

iknowhowit feelstoget those kinda news. as for the rest, just hang in there. Dec 1 is right around the corner.

Members don't see this ad :)
just opened the letter here in tampa. adding Nova

NOVA: javadicavity, mg777

do you mind telling me the stats you had applying to nova and boston, just sci overall, and dat.
thanks

thanks leona! youre awesome!

gum, dont worry, BU dental is a great school, however the cost makes some people gawk. In order to anticipate some applicants choosing a cheaper school, they accept a lot of students. Plus the class size is big.

No worries!

NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86

JavadiCavity said:
Adding NOVA. Came today, 11/27/04 via certified mail.
NOVA: javadicavity
I was wrong . . . you will get into dental school, after all. ;)

Dang NOVA!! I interviewed there early :eek: :eek: (right around the same time as javadi if i recall correctly :D)

I need to check my mail today!!

EDIT: No love from nova today :(

Double EDIT: I'm In :) (see second post)!

I am not done with my BA as of right now. My girlfriend went to Tufts and I mentioned BU. She said that Tufts has a better hand on approach in reference to labs. I live like 40 miles outside of Boston so either school would be awsome. In the end your still a dentist. Some may argue otherwise but, she has friends that graduated Tufts, BU, and Harvard and are all in the same boat in reference to owning a practice or work. But enough babbling, good luckk to everyone.

U guys deserve it, keep up the good work.

HD

Adding NOVA (11/27) :D

Hey guys I'm IN!! Earlier in the thread I posted that I didn't get anything today, well it turns out the mail my parents thought was today's mail was actually yesterdays! When I initially called them I had nothing :( . Then they called me back about 3 hours later with the good news :)

NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf

Adding Nova!!!!!!!
Congratulations javadicavity, mg777, and everyone else!!!

NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14

Congradulations :love: to those who have gotten before Dec. 1st letters... as for the rest of us... we are trying not to panic! :scared:

Darksunshine said:
Congradulations :love: to those who have gotten before Dec. 1st letters... as for the rest of us... we are trying not to panic! :scared:

too late!!!! PANIC ATTACK!!!

People who got into Nova... do you guys live in FL, or states close to FL? - The mail might have gone there faster.

Congratulations to all who got in again.

Adding NOVA!!! Sprgrover's becoming a dentist!..sorry...that letter totally made my weekend and all of this whole process worth it... Congratulations to everyone else on those early acceptances. For everyone else, don't worry - I'm confident that yours is on the way. :thumbup:

To Mo007: Yes, I live in Florida and the post office attempted to deliver it yesterday (11/26) but I just returned from vacation.

Boston University
: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, Sprgrover

Congratulations to all of you :clap:

Sprgrover said:
Adding NOVA!!! Sprgrover's becoming a dentist!..sorry...that letter totally made my weekend and all of this whole process worth it... Congratulations to everyone else on those early acceptances. For everyone else, don't worry - I'm confident that yours is on the way. :thumbup:

To Mo007: Yes, I live in Florida and the post office attempted to deliver it yesterday (11/26) but I just returned from vacation.

Boston University
Congratulations man... am sure you will get into the rest too.

i just want to congratulate everyone that heard from schools early today! :clap: i hope i will be adding my name to the thread in a few days! :D

Congratulations to everyone recieving letters! I am infinitely jealous of you! And I know you will all continue to be highly motivated and hard working in Dental school. Say a little prayer for the rest of us wallowing in our uncertainty and doubt!

B10

PS- Is anyone already accepted planning on attending BU or NSU? They both seem like really solid schools. Just curious! Congrats again! :thumbup: :D

Sprgrover said:

Boston University

Since I have met you in person, I just want to say, I think you are an awesome guy. I am very excited for you. You definitely deserve it!

:luck: :luck: :luck: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Adding Nova. I interviewed mid-October, my scores are 21 AA, 19 PAT, 3.6 GPA, and I live in California. I really liked Nova, but I'm going to wait and see where else I get in before the date I have to put in a deposit (Jan. 15th) before sending in my check.

NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings

Congrats to recipients of the first wave of 2005 acceptances! :clap:

Piznut99 Accepted at Nova Southeastern Universtiy

so Nova & Bu, there are the fastest. I have their interviews next year...
if i get accepted, I won't have to go there.... h eheheh

just few more days to go~~!!
waiting from
CWRU
USC
Pitts
Michigan
Creighton
Marquette
LLU (interview on Monday, they will tell me right away)

so excited to hear

Mwsung, how do you know that they will tell you if youre accepted at LLU right after your interview?

baaaaaaaaad, bu n nova jumped the gun

nothen2do said:
Mwsung, how do you know that they will tell you if youre accepted at LLU right after your interview?

I asked them when I was scheduling the interview with one of their admission secretaries back in October. She told that they would be able to tell me VERY SOON since it would be last interview before Dec 1.

I am adding Boston University as an acceptance as well. It was dated Nov24th. What a relief so far! Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings

When you post, in order to keep it bolded, please click "Quote" for the last person to post the list, rather than copying and pasting. Then, just delete the boxes that say QUOTE=someone and /QUOTE, and add your name.

wow, still 3 days until dec. 1 and we are already into page 3 of this thread! not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Biogirl361 said:
wow, still 3 days until dec. 1 and we are already into page 3 of this thread! not that there's anything wrong with that :)

This thread probably needs to be clutter free of comments... people should be posting acceptances. JMO.

wimmcs said:
This thread probably needs to be clutter free of comments... people should be posting acceptances. JMO.

and on that note i just wanted to say congrats to all accepted and to all those that WILL get accepted! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: i remember last year when i was in your shoes...don't worry...it's all gravy...

p.s.- wimmcs, don't worry, i'm just playing with you.....but where else are people going to say "congrats"? i'm definitely not going to start another thread...

hey guys, this is awesome, i didnt know u guys were going to find out sooo soon. anywayz, it kinda sucks but i was on vacation and just came back in town today, sunday. and i have a letter from the post office telling me that there is a certified letter from NOVA. i'm hoping its an acceptance, but do u guys know if it could be a rejection or anything else?? i was thinking that they would only send the acceptance through certified mail. ekh, guess i can wait till tomorrow and find out. thanks for any replies..

omar

Typo said:
When you post, in order to keep it bolded, please click "Quote" for the last person to post the list, rather than copying and pasting. Then, just delete the boxes that say QUOTE=someone and /QUOTE, and add your name.

You can still cut and paste - just highlight the text that you want bolded and click the B at the top of the text box.

Boston University: edkNARF, KingHamster, mem, ATX04UT
NOVA: javadicavity, mg777, TanyaO86, DrTacoElf, Anya14, cool fillings, Sprgrover

omaralt said:
hey guys, this is awesome, i didnt know u guys were going to find out sooo soon. anywayz, it kinda sucks but i was on vacation and just came back in town today, sunday. and i have a letter from the post office telling me that there is a certified letter from NOVA. i'm hoping its an acceptance, but do u guys know if it could be a rejection or anything else?? i was thinking that they would only send the acceptance through certified mail. ekh, guess i can wait till tomorrow and find out. thanks for any replies..

omar

I'm 99.99% sure it's an acceptance. Who would pay the $3+ dollars to certify a rejection? In my estimate, you're in! Congratulations!

Darksunshine said:
Since I have met you in person, I just want to say, I think you are an awesome guy. I am very excited for you. You definitely deserve it!

Hey, thanks Darksunshine! You're awesome as well, and I am sure you'll be able to pick from several schools - hopefully OHSU will be one of them!!! :luck:

Sprgrover said:
I'm 99.99% sure it's an acceptance. Who would pay the $3+ dollars to certify a rejection? In my estimate, you're in! Congratulations!

thanks a lot, i really hope so!! i'll let u guys know tomorrow when i pick up the letter
thanks

omar

ps.. anybody hear from UF yet?