Official 10/10 countdown!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theman120

shizzam son
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I figured since everybody else had a countdown......9/7 and 9/8 test takers should have one. soo here it is........

Members don't see this ad.

i think that they should add a couple points to the overall's of those that are having to wait for so long...;) ok just kidding, wishful thinking. The anticipation is seriuosly building up tho. I'm glad there are still so many others in the same boat.

I might be wrong, but perhaps the "grouping" is done by the form you had? I know that my friend and I took slightly different tests, and I have a score whereas he's still waiting.

Chicago september 7th
Lsst Name R

Can we sue AAMC for emotional distress..seriously this is incredibly unprofessional. At least give us an update!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think there is validity to the idea that higher scores went out first? oh that would be sad.

do you guys think there is validity to the idea that higher scores went out first? oh that would be sad.
I don't think you should go by the scores people have posted on here, if that's what you're thinking. If I had a bad score, I certainly wouldn't be on here sharing it with everyone. I think there have been 25,000+ views on this message board and look how many responses there have been. Honestly, I don't think I did too bad, but of course the more time goes by the more I start worrying! I'll tell you one thing though, this "computer glitch" makes me question their entire computer-based delivery of the test as well. And how long have they been posting scores online? It seems they should have fixed any "bugs" by this time. At least I'm not applying until next year, so time is not really that much of an issue for me...however I really do feel bad for all of you who are still trying to get your scores in for this year's application cycle, and I wish you the best of luck. Let's hope they get this thing fixed before the end of the day, I really don't want to go to sleep again not knowing!

What! :eek: That's crazy! The website says that a message will be posted if the delay is 3+ days so you all should get your scores tomorrow at the latest.

I hope this doesn't interfere with the Oct. 15th score release. :smuggrin:

More like, it'll take them 3 days to get the message telling us that there's a delay onto the site. And then it'll be an indefinite time until we actually get the scores. This is such BS it's unbelievable.

Just spoke with someone at AAMC. I knew it would pretty much lead me nowhere, but I just felt like I needed to call! All the guy said was that they were having "technical difficulties" uploading some of the scores, as far as he knew there wasn't some kind of pattern (date, region, etc.), and he said, "I know you don't want to hear this, but it's just one of those things." He said just to be patient, we should get our scores tomorrow at the latest. Easy for him to say haha. It would be nice if they actually tried a little more communication with the people whose time and money they are seriously wasting, but why should they care? You know, send out an e-mail or post a notice? Well, it's not like they have any competition. If anybody gets a score, let us know please!

Latest AAMC: scores for Sept. 7th have glitch for uploading. There are many students without scores, not just us SDNers. Will be working on it tonight and up tomorrow at the latest.

This is what the guy told me. How valid that is I don't know. Given how important this is you'd think they would fix it faster than it takes comcast to fix my internet.

Also, how am I to trust that the score I receive is correct? I know you can rescore by hand but ****, what a hassle.

"What's your candidate #?"
"You got a XX/XX/XX/X, sorry for the delay."

That took 8 seconds - why not set someone up on the phone?

I just checked my scores. They are posted. I took the Sept. 7th 2007 (12:00). My last name starts with "S"

My score: (VR)08 (PS)11 (WR)P (BS)09 (Total)28P

Around last July, my diagnostic was a 13 (took it in sections, with 5PS, 3VR, 5BS). I rescheduled the exam from April 12th around January, to July 13. Before July 13, I took the AAMC 9 practice with results of PS 11, 6VR, BS8 :25. I was concerned about the score and knew I wasn't ready. The Sept. 7 was the last choice. A week before the exam, I finally took the 10S CBT online at the library (under silent conditions in a group study room) and scored a 27 (10PS, 7VR, 10BS). I was content with the score, knowing the schools favored for 10's in sciences. With verbal, I thought I would get a 6. During the exam I ran out of time, and rushed answering at the end. The biological sciences was tougher than any practice.

I had big monitors compared to the flat screen of laptop. I developed nausea and slight headaches through verbal and on. My diet was power bars (banana flavor and alkaline water, and coffee before beginning exam). Given the humidity of the testing room, or even poor lighting, or any difference from normal, keeping well hydrated with electrolytes would help. In the beginning, I was excited, during exam, but with the caffeine varying off and the dry power bars, things were not working out. During writing, I wanted to void. I decided I had to keep going b/c I could not register for a later exam. It would mean having to void all my TMDSAS. I just went in and did it. When I came out of the exam, I felt very sad coming out and almost like I was present during a serious accident and was just absorbing the information.

I purchased too many prep books. I recommend wikipedia and a huge resevoir of blank flash cards (hormones, site of action, CNS, anatomy, etc), talking to yourself about questions, and mnemonics really helps. Organization and categorization for a study plan are well invested. One major comp book, maybe the columbia review thick book (i.e. half.com), would be helpful since they follow the outline of the aamc manual.

I even took off the second semester just to study for the exam. Even by April, the highest PS was an 8, and I drilled with the PS with Nova and Berkeley PS and by July was able to pull to 11. It was my weakest section.

If I can, hopefully, I'd like to take the January CBT and try to raise up score. Initially, in the beginning of school, I was able to proceed with MCAT review, but lately, there is too much school work building up (16 hours). I am applying to all TX schools and Meharry (big on the underserved) as out of state. My GPA is for TMDSAS 3.04, science is 3.17.

Best regards.

i hope the glich makes us all 6 points higher thats what i hope,, i heard of a test center in Kentucky that had to retake some tests because of power failure and that messed it all up for that region, maybe thats why everything is out of alignment

While I'm whining - did anyone else take their test on a monitor sporting a refresh rate somewhere in the mid-teens? I really hope my request to fix that doesn't fall on deaf ears - will give you a headache in no time flat.

Members don't see this ad :)
maxprime, you called them and they were willing to tell you your scores? because i did the same, and they told me to wait until it comes out online.

maxprime, you called them and they were willing to tell you your scores? because i did the same, and they told me to wait until it comes out online.

same for me. i called and they would not tell me. makes me more annoyed if it is true they had my scores right there....

No, maxprine is only giving an example of how easy it would be to give them your scores IF you asked and they actually DID give them. I don't think he's saying that he got his scores...

RB

same for me. i called and they would not tell me. makes me more annoyed if it is true they had my scores right there....

No, max was just saying how easy it would be to set something like that up. All they would need is that number and they could tell you over the phone. He's just saying it would take 8 seconds. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait until they're up...hopefully soon :(.

No, max was just saying how easy it would be to set something like that up. All they would need is that number and they could tell you over the phone. He's just saying it would take 8 seconds. Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait until they're up...hopefully soon :(.

ahhh okay. i wait....

Sorry to mislead - I think we're all trying to read the best in anything we read. :)

Only 23 hours late . . . still no message even confirming such a delay exists.

This is such bsht. The situation just illustrates what a stranglehold/monopoly AAMC has. I find it highly unlikely that the AAMC hasn't made at least ONE mistake this year in grading someone's test, if mistakes like uploading scores on time (within a period of 4+ weeks) are so inefficiently handled. And the thing is, there is no way you would know if your test was incorrectly graded unless you paid the rescoring fee, and EVEN THEN they could just fck up and NO ONE WOULD KNOW. Has anyone caught a AAMC mistake that was corrected?

GET THIS! I called and they have a message saying they are closed! It's 3:39 Central time and I seriously doubt that. The message said they will reopen at 5. Is this normal? Are they just ignoring us now? I will keep bugging them because I paid $200 and they are doing a s*%&t job of providing a service.

I got this message when I e-mailed them. This is the same as what everybody else has said, but I figure I'd providet an update that... there's no new info. :(

Dear Examinee:

If you tested on September 7th or 8th, 2007 and did not void your MCAT exam, we will report scores for you. Your scores may be delayed slightly due to a technical issue. We hope to release your scores today or tomorrow (Friday, October 12). If we are not able to do so, we will provide you with an update before the close of business tomorrow. We sincerely apologize for this delay and we appreciate your patience while we work on resolving the issue.

Sincerely,
The MCAT Program

I called and got a hold of someone in a different department and she told me the mcat people are at meeting "offsight" and aren't even in the office. This is total garbage.

GET THIS! I called and they have a message saying they are closed! It's 3:39 Central time and I seriously doubt that. The message said they will reopen at 5. Is this normal? Are they just ignoring us now? I will keep bugging them because I paid $200 and they are doing a s*%&t job of providing a service.

They have the unavailable tape on early!

I too have been calling them all day and not getting anyone and then heard the message abou being closed and re-opening at 5pm. What is that about???
I wouldnt be surprised if they have lost all of our scores and are trying to buy time.....I emailed them yesterday and I haven't even received that automated reply yet....WTF???

I don't get mad about most stuff but this is just too much...I hope they resolve this soon....but depending on their "explanation" I would seriously consider having my test re-scored... :bullcrap:

I got this message when I e-mailed them. This is the same as what everybody else has said, but I figure I'd providet an update that... there's no new info. :(

Dear Examinee:

If you tested on September 7th or 8th, 2007 and did not void your MCAT exam, we will report scores for you. Your scores may be delayed slightly due to a technical issue. We hope to release your scores today or tomorrow (Friday, October 12). If we are not able to do so, we will provide you with an update before the close of business tomorrow. We sincerely apologize for this delay and we appreciate your patience while we work on resolving the issue.

Sincerely,
The MCAT Program

Just got the same email. I have a feeling we are not getting our scores until October 15..that is the date for the final September 11 and 16 test dates.

Just got the same email. I have a feeling we are not getting our scores until October 15..that is the date for the final September 11 and 16 test dates.

i feel as though we should demand the opportunity to have our test re-scored for free if we wish. if i am skeptical of my score I will surely nag them until I get that offer.

Is there a nice way to tell them to PICK UP the ****ing phone and give us our scores? Email them to us, whatever, I need to fill out apps and it's tough to decide where to apply without a score. Besides that - we shouldn't need 50 people calling all day in order to get an update from them. The problem should be explained to us and updates should be given - this is common sense, professionalism, etc. If they can't upload them to the website because of a file issue, they need to set up a hotline. If they can't upload them b/c their database is corrupted - we deserve to know this.

I love it. Our thread is approaching the ENTIRE summer score thread for replies.

I wrote them an e-mail asking if there was any alternate way to receive our score. They said they don't mail out paper score reports. I asked whether telephone was an option. I also asked whether we should even expect to see the scores today, because thousands of students are checking every hour, so if they don't think they'll have them until Friday, they should at least post a message on the site that tells us to not check until then.

I doubt that did any good, but I did try.

Do you think there was a glich in the scoring? I took it on 9/8 and it was raining that day and during the WS, the computers froze and then turned off. The lady at the testing center said that everything was saved. I already got my scores, but I wonder if the glich mess up anything with the scoring...

i hope the glich makes us all 6 points higher thats what i hope,, i heard of a test center in Kentucky that had to retake some tests because of power failure and that messed it all up for that region, maybe thats why everything is out of alignment

Do you think there was a glich in the scoring? I took it on 9/8 and it was raining that day and during the WS, the computers froze and then turned off. The lady at the testing center said that everything was saved. I already got my scores, but I wonder if the glich mess up anything with the scoring...

is there anyway to check ourselves whether the score was for our test or correct? do you not get an explanation of the test questions along side your answers?? i thought that is how they would do it....i am terrified of having them screw up the test grading and sitting doesnt help my paranoia/anxiety

No. You only get the score for each subsection and a total. There's no way to check the actual test or even know your raw score. You can only have it rescored by hand.

You don't get an explanation of the test questions. I agree, with how disorganized and inept AAMC has been with simply releasing the scores, it makes me wonder what type of glitches there are with the actual grading.

I just got through to them at 5pm. They told me, like they told everybody else, the scores would most likely be out by tomorrow, but there are no guarantees. They also told me there might be a small chance that it could drag on till next week.

:(

You don't get an explanation of the test questions. I agree, with how disorganized and inept AAMC has been with simply releasing the scores, it makes me wonder what type of glitches there are with the actual grading.

I always thought the same thing. How accurate are the scores reported?
It makes me wish that they just had 3 test dates a year and go back to the paper test - there was not as much trouble with that administration and score reporting.

is there anyway to check ourselves whether the score was for our test or correct? do you not get an explanation of the test questions along side your answers?? i thought that is how they would do it....i am terrified of having them screw up the test grading and sitting doesnt help my paranoia/anxiety

Ha...no, I wish. You just get the numeric numbers, the letter grade, and then added up all at the end. You can conversly see your score in terms of percentile.

It looks something like this:

Scaled Scores Show Percentiles
Series Test Date Verbal Reasoning (VR) Physical Sciences (PS) Writing Sample (WS) Biological Sciences (BS) Total*AMCAS Release
(was 41 in June)(Month)2007 1-15 1-15 letter score 1-15 3-45(letter)whatever letter it is

Edit: sorry for the lack of formatting. I'm not an HTML expert and so I'm not sure how to make the report look right...but, generally, you get the idea. You just get the numeric scores and the letter grade for the writing sample...that's it; no explanation of questions nor is there any way to know your raw score (they don't want you to know this stuff).

I just got through to them at 5pm. They told me, like they told everybody else, the scores would most likely be out by tomorrow, but there are no guarantees. They also told me there might be a small chance that it could drag on till next week.

:(

They just confirms my belief that the scores for the Sept.7 and 8th test dates as well as the Sept. 11 and 16 dates will be released on or after October 15. AMMC is probably going to load all the scores and release at once and be done with it.

If we can't see, I'm willing to bet that schools can't see either.

Who else is sick of this BS?

Scores for the September 7th, 2007 and September 8th, 2007 exams are available.

You have no scores yet.

Who else is sick of this BS?

Scores for the September 7th, 2007 and September 8th, 2007 exams are available.

You have no scores yet.

I called AAMC and they said they send out scores randomly; not from high to low or east coast to west coast. They said there is a glitch and there is no way to tell how long it will last, and they do not send scores out in the mail anymore. Also, this has happened before. It still makes me physically and mentally sick; :eek:

In 24 hours, couldn't you print out & manually re-enter 3 numbers for a few thousand individuals? Awesome.