Official 10/10 countdown!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theman120

shizzam son
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I figured since everybody else had a countdown......9/7 and 9/8 test takers should have one. soo here it is........

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was posted just before 4:00 I think

12/9/R/13

34R... pretty happy.

GOOD LUCK to those still waiting!

Well I called AMCAS at 9:00 sharp and the lady said she has not received an email that anything is wrong with the score release and that they are all released. Given that many of us, including me, haven't received their scores this simply is not true. It just pisses me off they can't een check to see IF I took it on Sept. 7th. She had to get my phone number for a lady to call me back...bull****.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked. No scores. Going to work now, my scores better be up when I'm home in 4 hours.

I talked to AAMC and they said there is a problem with their website and they are fixing it right now.

I've heard so many things from AAMC by now it's hard to know what's actually going on.

So how many people have called you asking what you made on your MCAT? Each time someone calls I have to repeat the story which makes me even more upset! Come on AAMC please release my score+pity+

Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone who has yet to receive a score, how do you think you did? I think I did pretty well and am hoping the delay is only amongst high scorers. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself to keep from going insane.

Still nothing - yay AAMC.

I can't help but let my mind drift. How do you store electronic scores in batches? Wouldn't you just toss these in a SQL database and query it on the website - it'd be a few MB tops. Ridiculous.

For everyone who has yet to receive a score, how do you think you did? I think I did pretty well and am hoping the delay is only amongst high scorers. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself to keep from going insane.
I wish this were the case, but people posted scores yesterday of high 30's and 40's:(

OK I JUST CHECKED AGAIN.......WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT IISSSSSSSSS GOIIIIIIIN ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN i feel like mel gibson in bravehart when they take out his guts and he yells freedom

What sucks is that I teach high school, and today my students went on a trip. So i'm bored, anticipating and stuck to this stupid laptop...... WTF,what is going on? At least AAMC could post some kind of delay on the website

OK I JUST CHECKED AGAIN.......WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT IISSSSSSSSS GOIIIIIIIN ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN i feel like mel gibson in bravehart when they take out his guts and he yells freedom

Ok I called also. The lady said they are experiencing problems and they will try to get us our scores as soon as possible but it may be a couple of days!! Yeah!!! I am so excited! NOT

Ok I called also. The lady said they are experiencing problems and they will try to get us our scores as soon as possible but it may be a couple of days!! Yeah!!! I am so excited! NOT
A COUPLE OF DAYS!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding me! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I've always been a "lurker" at this site, but I specifically made an account so I could comment on this debacle. Days? I seriously don't quite understand why this could be so difficult. I wonder why the scores are submitted in batches, and not in one complete action? Databases are powerful enough to handle that; strange that they seem to make it more complicated than it has to be.

I'm sure there is a legitimate problem, but that doesn't change the fact that they had over a month to prepare for this; and you would think by now after diong all the tests of 2007 they'd at least have some of the problems worked out (?). I took the June test, and the scores were even released a bit early. Not sure what's going on, but I really hope we don't have to wait days for this. They basically control all of our lives at this point, and it's quite annoying this is happening. I'm sure many applications, such as mine, are waiting for these results. Oh well...I guess all there is to do is wait...

Does this mean people were lying about receiving scores yesterday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMD

Instead of having 10,000 spazzes like me calling them, why don't they post on the website a simple sentence saying that there are delays? I'm going to give my iPhone & laptop to my neighbor for 24 hours so I don't have an MI.

I do not think the people answering the phones are responsible for entering our scores in the system. That is what IT departments are for. This delay is unprofessional though. Consistency is all we can ask for. The days of getting your results back early are apparently over.

Should our registration ID (on the receipt we got on exam day) match our AAMC ID? I assume not, but I wanted to make sure I didn't have something screwy going on.

I do not think the people answering the phones are responsible for entering our scores in the system. That is what IT departments are for. This delay is unprofessional though. Consistency is all we can ask for. The days of getting your results back early are apparently over.

It's not like any of us put off meeting with our thesis adviser until after score day so we'd know whether or not we'll be in their lab next year - nothing like that going on today.

my last name starts with K. How come some people who took the september 8th MCAT already received their scores? There must not be a logical order/reason for this delay...

Can somebody call AAMC and ask if they've mailed out paper score reports, and how long those take to arrive?

Maybe we'll get it in the mail before it shows up online...

What does everyone's last name start with?

M, and I'm male, and I'm in Ohio...And I took it on the 7th. To be honest, from what I've read on the past 5 or so pages since the scores have come out, there doesn't seem to be a pattern for those who were getting their scores, and those who were not. I think it's random; or probably some number that we're assigned within their database that we never see (I'm not sure why they'd do that, but it's possible and could explain the randomness).

I am upset about this delay though (of course). But, it's not because I don't have my score really; it's more because I don't have my score, and many (probably majority) have their scores. The consistency (or lack thereof) is really obnoxious, and you'd think for how much we pay for these stinking tests, they could at least be consistent and either delay everyone's scores or release everyone's scores together.

I know this delay probably won't be a huge deal in the long run, but everyday they make us wait for our scores, that's one more day we have to wait for all of our applications to go in; and that puts all of us with delayed scores at a disadvantage. I just hope they get these up today and not next week sometime (that is, I hope they can fix this before the weekend so we don't have to wait for them to take a weekend off to come back and work on the problem).

I called, and the woman said she couldn't guarantee the scores would be up today but to just keep checking... "glitch in the system" were her exact words. You'd think they'd put the best people to fixing this... don't they know how crazy pre-meds get!?

For the previous poster, my scores aren't up, I took the test on the 7th, and my last name begins with D but I don't think its linked to last names. The woman from AAMC did say, however, that the problems they were having seemed to be only with the September 7th test scores.

This sucks!!

Ok, it appears to be random as its affecting all names, dates, races, sexes, and states. Its not just a certain area or date or name range.

Just sit tight and I wish you guys the best of luck :luck: I know this is so frustrating and I can't believe with my horrible luck that I actually got my scores yesterday. Keep the faith that you will eventually get them.

I'd really like to know why AAMC is having all these "glitches" Seriously! :rolleyes:

What! :eek: That's crazy! The website says that a message will be posted if the delay is 3+ days so you all should get your scores tomorrow at the latest.

I hope this doesn't interfere with the Oct. 15th score release. :smuggrin:

good gawd, this is frustrating. i'm neurotic enough as it is, and now they make us wait for our scores...

Georgia Y

good gawd, this is frustrating. i'm neurotic enough as it is, and now they make us wait for our scores...

Georgia Y

I just called. I was told that there is a problem with loading scores from the 9/7 and 9/8 exams and that AAMC is working on it now and hopes to have the issue resolved within 24 hours. If the issue is not resolved, I was told a message on the AAMC MCAT site would be posted.

I took the exam on 9/7 in NYC and no scores as of yet.

Yea it doesn't seem like its in any kind of order. I am not surprised tho, for being as unlucky as I am, I shuld have seen this coming :(. Infact, I am expecting a bad score, so maybe its for the best that I get to enjoy a few more hours before I go into severe depression mode.

It's makes it a little more bearable to see others going through the same thing. However, I think reading these forums is a little misleading. It seems like a lot of people that got their scores already are scoring very high. But then again, those with low scores are less likely to post. So I wonder how many of us are without scores...75%? 50%? 3%? are the ones posting the only people that didn't receive their scores?

27 M, MS., Sept. 7th, last name with a P.

Yeah I don't think I'd be bragging about a 20, so definitely take that into consideration. I think the people who actually have scores left this discussion because they were sick of our bitching lol. It's nice to have people to vent to about this.

Sept 7th, Louisiana, last name S

I'm in Wisconsin, last name with an N, first time taker, and most likely at the bottom of the bunch...no scores yet...

Could it be another "5 PM" release tonight? I am pretty angry because I couldn't get a person on the phone, and they never responded to yesterday's email either.

I should also mention A from Ohio.

Maybe our usernames were too long?
Nah, I don't think that's the case. My username is only six characters (maybe that was a joke, but I'm a little out of it right now).