October Results Are Here!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utsatwirler

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got my scores today

82% im happy with that! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm excited for my scores except quantitative.

Verbal Ability 422------82
Biology 460-----98
Reading Comp 422------82
Quantitative 393------42
Chemistry 465------99
Composite 432------94

Conventions of Language 3.0
Problem Solving 3.5

What does a 3.0 and a 3.5 mean anyway?

Verbal 82
Bio 71
Reading 69
Quant 52
Chem 65

Composite 70

3.97 GPA, 3 years Retail Pharmacy experience, PTCB certified, 100 hours community service.

I'm hoping the other parts of my application make up for it. :(

I guess thats what you get for not studying.

i never like that no score option its beyond dumb, i took the pcat and just accpeted what i got an worked where i was weak on. i got a 50, 70 and a 95 so yea thats why u dont choose no score unless ur a freshman in college who wants to glimpse the test. btw i had gotten 20's in reading first time i took pcat. so keep trying.

you are right pharmpills. Not choosing score options would have given me my baseline score, indicating how much harder I have to study for next time. Since my august PCAT was unknown, I thought I would just have to review the material a bit more. And I studied little between Aug and Oct.. Mostly review..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! i'm new to the SDN, but my october pcat results are:
Verbal-96%
Bio-98%
Read-98%
Quant-96%
Chem-92%
Composite-99%

Writing 3/3
i haven't taken the pcat before, so i'm am very very pleased with my results.
I'm planning on applying to TAMU, Texas tech, u of Houston, and UT Austin. My top choice is TAMU.

Hello all. I've been reading the forums here for over a year without posting. I didn't really have anything useful to say I suppose. Now that I have my PCAT results, though, I think a few of my suggestions might be worth something.

VERB - 93 (better than expected)
BIO - 96
READ - 92 (better than expected)
QUANT - 93 (I'm actually a little disappointed by this)
CHEM - 96
COMP - 97

The books by Kaplan, Cliffs, and Barron's were my main sources. I thought Kaplan was probably more difficult than the PCAT in all aspects, while Cliffs and Barron's were generally easier (especially in reading). Harcourt's practice tests were slightly more difficult than the real thing maybe. For the reading section, I really like the ExamKrackers 101 passages in MCAT verbal. It's harder than the PCAT and very frustrating at times, but it'll help you set a good pace for the section if you practice timing yourself.

Speaking of time limits, I was so worried about running out of time that I answered all questions at top speed and ended up finishing every section with at *least* 10 minutes left. I even had that much time left on quantitative, although I did leave about five unanswered that I needed to go back to. If you find yourself finishing the Cliffs tests with a lot of time left, I advise that you not worry about time limits very much. I think I would have done better if I had slowed down a little. Excess speed also led me to mess up my answer sheet early in the test, and that distracted me for the remainder.

As for the writing, I managed a 3.0/3.0. My writing was sloppy, verbose, poorly planned and unfinished, but grammatically correct as far as I'm aware.

And that's the story of my first and last time taking this test. Good riddance.

Verbal 63
Bio 83
Reading 56
Math 57
Chem 70
Composite 70

Ehh, what can I say. This is my second time around, and I don't think standardized tests are really a measure of someones intelligence anyways....Hope that my other stats make up
3.9 GPA, retail experience, worked in a hospital, good LOR's, and CPhT.....
Good luck to all!

why is that the 95, 97, 99's and extremely high scores are written by ppl who are brand new and wrote 1 post??? strange coincidence, nevertheless goodjob

why is that the 95, 97, 99's and extremely high scores are written by ppl who are brand new and wrote 1 post??? strange coincidence, nevertheless goodjob

Sorry to interrupt the thread but no one has answered my earlier question of what does it mean to get a 3/3.5 on essays? How much better could I have done and what is my percentile? Thanks.

I got my scores today and I feel so stupid... I took this test for the 1st time without studying ( I took 2 tests a couple of nights before just to get a feeling for it).. My scores are so weird tho...

Verbal .... 376 .......16
Biology.... 441.........94
Reading....400.........50
Quant.......422........83
Chemistry..448........96
Composite..417.......80

Writing 3.0 & 3.0....

16 !?!?!? what the hell... I browsed all forums and I don't think I've seen something that low... I don't know, I am just shocked... I usually answer the questions on the paper and then copy on the scantron... I might have had a "frame shift" somewhere along.. I FEEL SOOO STUPID...
I really want to just to stay in California, where they don't require this test but I took it ( carelessly) just to keep my options open. Now I feel weird and stupid.
Here are my stats:
* I have a B.S in two majors : 1 - Chemistry
2- Molecular Biology.
2 majors (not minors & not concentrations).
* GPA: Overall 3.49
Science 3.54
* volunteer work ( over 300 hours in a hospital ) & 50 hours in community work and club memberships but no real pharmacy experience .
* 1 have 1 year of serious undergraduate Molecular Bio research (that included DNA cloning and protien expression )
* Good working experiences ( currently working for a Molecular Diagnostics company).

I want to stay in Cali, but I have to I am willing to leave for pham school.

Do you guys think any body will consider me with this score?!

Sorry to interrupt the thread but no one has answered my earlier question of what does it mean to get a 3/3.5 on essays? How much better could I have done and what is my percentile? Thanks.

A 3 on writing means you did a decent job and a 3.5 means you did better-than-decent job. Ok, I don't think that helps...

So let me put it this way, a score of 3 is good enough for most schools. A 3.5 or a 4 is better. I have not seen anyone posting a 4.5 yet.

Still not good enough...Ok, take out your Kaplan review book. In the section where they discuss the writing section they give you a scoring rubric. I think that should give you an idea of where you stand.

I got a 88 composite!! WOOHOOOO thats up from 59.... kaplan online study course helped me sooooo much!! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their score.

Question- does pcat have a rush delivery option on transcripts?? I interviewed at Midwestern CCP and another school on Nov. 13-14, and I want this new pact to be considered before they make their decisions, especially with my prior 59 score!!!! I know pharmCAS will send the scores, but im sure verrrrry slowly

I got an 80 on the August test and an 85 on the October test, so I am pretty satisfied with that. My "conventions of language" part of the writing test went down from a 4.0 in August to a 2.0 in October... I hope that does not affect anything. In my opinion, it's all in the eyes of the reader on those sections.

Should I be worried? My composite came back 96 percentile, but the two writing tests were 2.0 (Conventions of Language) and 2.5 (Problem Solving).

Would the Pharmacy schools go sour on me because of the writing score? The scores don't make sense to me since I've recieved A's for all my english/communications classes. I didn't think my essays were all that bad, maybe a tad on the short side.

Anyone know if the writing is factored into the composite or if it's seperate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, if you do well on the reading and verbal parts, I wouldn't worry too much about the writing scores. It's a lot more subjective and a lot of schools don't seem to have minimum requirements for the writing. Just make sure any essays/statements you write are good - that is much better proof that you can write than one score on some timed essay that the adcom will never see. Just my opinion.

I hope so.

I wonder if it was because of the length of my two essays. Both of them were about one page long. I figured I made my points in both essays in one page and didn't see any reason to toss in any filler beyond that.

Then again it could be my handwriting. It can get messy at times and does have a somewhat juvenile appearance.

I don't think I'm going to bother with retaking it in January.

I am so sad....I got a 43% composite.

Reading 69%
Math 87%
2 essays: 4.0 and 3.5

But I bombed everything else (12 - 32%)....Oh my god....My GPA is only 3.2 with a BS.

I got a 88 composite!! WOOHOOOO thats up from 59.... kaplan online study course helped me sooooo much!! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their score.

Question- does pcat have a rush delivery option on transcripts?? I interviewed at Midwestern CCP and another school on Nov. 13-14, and I want this new pact to be considered before they make their decisions, especially with my prior 59 score!!!! I know pharmCAS will send the scores, but im sure verrrrry slowly

Did you get interviews with a 59 composite? What did you do to strengthen the rest of your application?

I got my scores today and I feel so stupid... I took this test for the 1st time without studying ( I took 2 tests a couple of nights before just to get a feeling for it).. My scores are so weird tho...

Verbal .... 376 .......16
Biology.... 441.........94
Reading....400.........50
Quant.......422........83
Chemistry..448........96
Composite..417.......80

Writing 3.0 & 3.0....

16 !?!?!? what the hell... I browsed all forums and I don't think I've seen something that low... I don't know, I am just shocked... I usually answer the questions on the paper and then copy on the scantron... I might have had a "frame shift" somewhere along.. I FEEL SOOO STUPID...
I really want to just to stay in California, where they don't require this test but I took it ( carelessly) just to keep my options open. Now I feel weird and stupid.
Here are my stats:
* I have a B.S in two majors : 1 - Chemistry
2- Molecular Biology.
2 majors (not minors & not concentrations).
* GPA: Overall 3.49
Science 3.54
* volunteer work ( over 300 hours in a hospital ) & 50 hours in community work and club memberships but no real pharmacy experience .
* 1 have 1 year of serious undergraduate Molecular Bio research (that included DNA cloning and protien expression )
* Good working experiences ( currently working for a Molecular Diagnostics company).

I want to stay in Cali, but I have to I am willing to leave for pham school.

Do you guys think any body will consider me with this score?!

Looking at your credentials, you've worked very hard and are to be commended for that. I'm not concerned with your scores since your chem and biol and quant are very good for 1st time pcat. The other stuff is just a bit of practice and you are good to go. Who knows, you probably had a frame shift like you said. I doubt you'll need to consider schools that require the pcat anyway with credentials you're sporting. Just study for the Jan test if you are really stressed about your scores. I certainly would retake it if I were you and I thought that the schools that don't look at the pcat scores were out of the question. Good luck!

Reading 69%
Math 87%

But I bombed everything else (12 - 32%)....Oh my god....My GPA is only 3.2 with a BS.

May i know what your story is now, because i had the same situation. I have even applied to pharmcas already and i am so ****ed. Any encouraging words?

I am so sad....I got a :eek:43%:eek: composite.

Reading 69%
Math 87%

dont be discouraged....but im sure you know u have to retake the pcat.......try buying the kaplan book studying a couple hours EVERYDAY and see if you can atleast land in the seventies.........

Verbal 63
Bio 83
Reading 56
Math 57
Chem 70
Composite 70

Ehh, what can I say. This is my second time around, and I don't think standardized tests are really a measure of someones intelligence anyways....Hope that my other stats make up
3.9 GPA, retail experience, worked in a hospital, good LOR's, and CPhT.....
Good luck to all!
Well, I am in the same boat as you! 70 composite, 3.9 GPA, CPhT, 3 years retail and some volunteer experience. :laugh:
To the both of us!

Reading 69%
Math 87%

don't be upset. you just need to study more in the areas you didn't do well in. Your reading, math, and essay scores are really good.

I was really shocked with my scores, but obviously i must have done a few things right, so i'll post some study tips:

Before taking the real pcat, take the shortened pcat review exam offered by harcourt online. I took it and learned that i really needed to work on math and chemistry. so i only studied those sections couple a months before the exam.

i didn't really use the study books- i bought kaplan's and looked over the math (geometry) and chemistry (organic) just because it has been years since I've done math and my organic class was a joke. This summer and fall, I retook biology I and II, Chem I and II, and Cal I, which really really helped me recall the information for the exam. I took those classes my freshman year in college, which was over 5 years ago and since TAMU requires all prereqs to be less than 5 years old, i had to retake those classes. I don't have a lot of self-motivation to study every day on my own, so by taking a class, i was forced to study to keep my grades up. I would suggest taking or retaking your bio and chem intro classes a few months before you take the exam again.

For ppl who have trouble in the reading and verbal sections-I would suggest taking an advanced literature or even an art history class that has a lot of reading and writing responses. Academic articles and books, particularly in the art history field, can be pretty difficult to understand, so by mastering the skills to understand and analyze those, the pcat reading section will be a breeze. also, reading for those classes usually contains a very high level of vocab, so you have to learn new words, which is very helpful for verbal section.

and for the day of the exam-of course, just remain calm. I brought a cosmo magazine to read while i waiting for the exam room to open-just to keep my mind from worrying about what was about to happen. During the break, i ate a candy bar and some whole grain chips for energy because my stomach was too upset to eat right before the exam, but i had calmed down enough to eat during the break.

also, Do NOT second guess your answer choices. once you have picked an answer, move on and don't come back to that question. Whenever i take a multiple choice test, I tend to over analyze the answers (particularly on reading/verbal exams). when i do this, i almost always get the question wrong. for the pcat, i decided not to ever change my answers, even though i sometimes felt like it, and i got a 99 composite.

FYI-anything above a 78-80% is very competitive in TX. the average scores at most of the texas schools has been right around 80% for the last few years. at TAMU-they interviewed someone with a 70 last year-that was the lowest score that got an interview. i don't know if that person got in though...

sorry this is such a long post....

Did you get interviews with a 59 composite? What did you do to strengthen the rest of your application?

yeah...I applied to 12 schools and got 4 interviews so far with a 59 pcat...I have a 3.45 gpa, pharm tech over a year, lots volunteer experiences, degree in biology....

I think getting an interview is one thing...but getting accepted is another. ive been rejected from one school, interviewed at 2 others and still waiting for results, and have one more nov. 30th:cool:

Looking at your credentials, you've worked very hard and are to be commended for that. I'm not concerned with your scores since your chem and biol and quant are very good for 1st time pcat. The other stuff is just a bit of practice and you are good to go. Who knows, you probably had a frame shift like you said. I doubt you'll need to consider schools that require the pcat anyway with credentials you're sporting. Just study for the Jan test if you are really stressed about your scores. I certainly would retake it if I were you and I thought that the schools that don't look at the pcat scores were out of the question. Good luck!

Many thanks indeed. I don't feel too bad , I just don't know how to feel about my scores. I have taken the toefl and I think I did ok, i will wait and see how my results there are and then submit my scores. But my main question is if any schools will consider my current score?! to my info, the jan test will not be accepted by most schools b/c its too late.

hey guys
well congrats to everyone with really high scores...
b

Last edited:
yeah...I applied to 12 schools and got 4 interviews so far with a 59 pcat...I have a 3.45 gpa, pharm tech over a year, lots volunteer experiences, degree in biology....

I think getting an interview is one thing...but getting accepted is another. ive been rejected from one school, interviewed at 2 others and still waiting for results, and have one more nov. 30th:cool:
what s

Last edited:
hey guys
well congrats to everyone with really high scores...
but i really dont understand when ppl say that they didnt study and got like a 70-80%
i can swear i studies my A** off and ended up with a 63% i had no life in the time i was studying.....
i know that my reading and vocab has a lot to do with my low score and i have that cause my vocabulary isnt so great and my reading skills suck as well.
but for chem and bio i did study alot in chem i got a 82% and bio a 55%.. i thought i did much better on the bio then that...but i dont know
how have u guys gotten a 70 80% without studyng ?? this makes me feel really stupid abt myself( even though i am not stupid also i do have a good gpa 3.5 and 3.4 science...:)

I agree....I got a comp of 49% :eek:!!! I did fairly well in some of the sections but my verbal and reading KILLED me!! :eek:

Verbal 43
Reading 13 :scared: (what happened? English is not my 2nd language!)
Chem 70
Quant 76
Bio 61
Comp 49

I have never enjoyed my English courses...maybe this is to blame!! Who knows, but I probably won't hold my breathe on getting in to any school that requires the PCAT!!! I will pray to get into a school that does not require it!! :D I hope I made a few people feel better about their scores! Ha ha! :D Well, good luck to everyone....I know I am going to need it! :rolleyes:

When I took my PCAT the first time, I got 49%. I felt hopeless, but my family encouraged me to try again. I tried again and got a 57%. I felt really hopeless now and wanted to change my major. However, pharmacy is what i really wanted to do, so i have to work harder. I bought a whole bunch of PCAT practice books and did problems from there. I also took more classes and decided to get a BS in biology. Here are the scores I got from my first PCAT and the recent one.

Oct 05------------------Oct 07
Verbal---23--------------------87
Biology---66-------------------83
Reading---18------------------69
Quantitative--90--------------73
Chemistry--49-----------------92
Composite--49----------------86

I know my composite score is not super high, but I just want to share my story with those that think they can't get a better score. If I can do it, you can too.

To Think and PharmDnPhD: I know how you feel when you study your butt off and get that score. Maybe you should change the way you study for the PCAT. That's what I did and my scores increased (well, not math). Good luck to you all!

what schools did u apply to ?? i have a pcat of 63% 3.5 gpa

U of Minnesota
Midwestern U- chicago
st. johns wegmans school of pharmacy
howard university

those were the schools I get an interview for with a 59 pcat. the rest of the schools I have not heard back from yet :oops:

Verbal 90%
Reading 76%
Math 97%
Chem 92%
Biology 90%
Composite 95%

Conventions 4.0
Problem solving 3.5

I AM SO PUMPED!!!! I'm so happy, it's like Christmas already:) Surprised by the low score in reading comprehension--I felt like it was pretty easy, but I guess people do tend to do very well on it, so you really can't afford to miss any questions. I thought I aced the verbal, but I'll take the 90%! Bio and chem was pretty much what I expected, but the math was the most shocking of all. I have NO IDEA--none!--how I pulled off a 97%. I guessed on so many of those. But I'm not complaining!

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting, and also to the January PCATers. Trust me, it's really not that bad. I felt like I stressed and freaked out way more than was necessary. Just relax!:)

U of Minnesota
Midwestern U- chicago
st. johns wegmans school of pharmacy
howard university

those were the schools I get an interview for with a 59 pcat. the rest of the schools I have not heard back from yet :oops:

My PCAT is exactly 59 too. I only applied to Howard and Midwestern from you list. I guess you probably has hight GPA and experience to be competitive.
Unfortunately, my GPA is only 3.5.

wow alot of high GPA's but low pcat score, my GPA is 3.0 to be honest but its bc ive taken alot of upper level classes which are hard to make A's in. i do have aton of A's and few B's in pre-reqs though. i guess it depends on the classes u took bc a B in biochem is more attractive than an A in general chem imo. anyways theres always hope for most of u, after all i too had a pcat in the 50's. 50 to be exact lol at one point but i took alot of upper level classes and before i knew it i got a 95 this october.

do you guys think that the oct. pcat scores will be sent out by PharmCAS to schools fast or slow?? be there by monday or in a week+ ??

I checked the pcat website on ordering transcripts, and they show the oct date as still not graded/in progress and state that transcripts would take up to 2 weeks to get processed if you ordered one separately and sent it directly to the school

Many thanks indeed. I don't feel too bad , I just don't know how to feel about my scores. I have taken the toefl and I think I did ok, i will wait and see how my results there are and then submit my scores. But my main question is if any schools will consider my current score?! to my info, the jan test will not be accepted by most schools b/c its too late.

Wait-- English isn't your first language? Wow, I never would have guessed that from your posting; your English seems very, very good.

I think that when you get called for interviews (I believe you will!), you will be able to explain the low verbal/reading scores quite easily. My guess is, you're comfortable with English and can communicate effectively (as you've shown here), but it takes you a little longer to read complex questions and to write essays, so you had a little trouble with the PCAT exam. Clearly you've been able to overcome it, as evidenced by your other grades (I'm assuming your grades are from a US college?).

Give yourself a little credit. You did very, very well.

I just got my scores back and it was very dissappointing...

Verbal 78
Bio 50
Reading 50
Quant 57
Chem 60
Composite 59
Writing; 3.0/2.5
It was the first time I took it and didn't study much at all but I thought I would do a little better than this... :(x100
I have 3.7 GPA and am volunteering @ a hospital pharmacy, don't have a ton of extracurriculars...
Do ya think I have a chance for these schools?
U of Ill. Chicago
Iowa
Minnesota
Midwestern Downers Grove
Kentucky

and do you know any other schools that would accept pcat of 59?

Verbal 98
Biology 83
Reading 98
Quant 80
Chem 87
Comp 95

Problem solving 3.0

I was initially ecstatic, but I'm wondering if the fact that my quant, chem, and bio scores are all just in the 80's while my "English" scores are 98's will reflect poorly on me. Does anyone know the answer to this??? Should I retake the test in January????

Also, is 95 even competitive??? It seems like everyone here is getting in the 90's.

Hello everyone!! I have been a lurker for a while and I have decided to post my Oct pcat scores.

Verbal 58
Bio 87
Reading 56
Math 73
Chem 79
Writing 3 on both parts
Composite 75

I would like your opinion of how competitive my scores are in TX, although I am willing to go out of state. I have a BS in molecular biology, a pharm tech for over 3 years, no volunteers work though, and my GPA is around 3.5. Would you say I have a chance of getting in anywhere?? Any suggestions on what schools to apply to? Any help is appreciated!!

Verbal 78
Bio 50
Reading 50
Quant 57
Chem 60
Composite 59
Writing; 3.0/2.5
It was the first time I took it and didn't study much at all but I thought I would do a little better than this... :(x100
I have 3.7 GPA and am volunteering @ a hospital pharmacy, don't have a ton of extracurriculars...
U of Ill. Chicago
Iowa
Minnesota
Midwestern Downers Grove
Kentucky

My PCAT is also 59. But since I you have higher GPA and experince, you have a better chance.

Sorry. I can't give you advice. But at least it is more than the minimum percentile required for many school.
I also applied to Iowa and Midwestern-Downers grove. :) Hope you get interview.. so that I know I might have a chance.

Why not applying to USN? They don't require PCAT. If my GPA is like you, I would have applied already..

95% by itself is very competitive. There's always chance of increase if you decide to retake in Jan, but the risk of your score going down is big too.

Of course a 95 is competitive. You understand what a percentile is, right? If you got 95%, that means only 4-5% of all people who take the PCAT did better than you. I just think more people with high scores are willing to share/care enough to belong to a pharmacy board. As long as you have a decent GPA, good LOR, etc, you will be fine.

Verbal 98
Biology 83
Reading 98
Quant 80
Chem 87
Comp 95

Problem solving 3.0

I was initially ecstatic, but I'm wondering if the fact that my quant, chem, and bio scores are all just in the 80's while my "English" scores are 98's will reflect poorly on me. Does anyone know the answer to this??? Should I retake the test in January????

Also, is 95 even competitive??? It seems like everyone here is getting in the 90's.

i honestly dont know how u got a 95 bc u act ******ed to be honest. what do u mean is a 95 competitive????? some of u come here to make every1 else feel bad, i dont bc i have a 95 as ur arse with years of experience but u dont see me comming here and say ohh is a 95 or 99 competitive. some of these posters need help or something geez. next thing u know u will be saying i got into all 10 schools and i dont know what to do which to go, great help is needed..cmonnn

Verbal 98
Biology 83
Reading 98
Quant 80
Chem 87
Comp 95

Problem solving 3.0

I'm normally not this blunt, but you've got to be kidding me!

Come on.

i honestly dont know how u got a 95 bc u act some of u come here to make every1 else feel bad, i dont bc i have a 95 as ur arse with years of experience but u dont see me comming here and say ohh is a 95 or 99 competitive.

I kind of agree with you. I think there are circumstances where it makes sense to ask (like if you get below a 70 on one section, especially a science component), but if you got in the 80s or 90s for every single section, yes your score is competitive! I very, very much doubt that there are admission committees going "Ooh, if only he'd had a 96, instead of a 95, he'd be a shoo-in!" A 99 PCAT score will not make up for the rest of your app being crappy, and a 90 score will not hurt you if the rest of your app is awesome. If you have a 90+ composite and no section you bombed, focus on the rest of the package.

I'm normally not this blunt, but you've got to be kidding me!

Come on.

LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh: i was blunt u saw it haha. i still cant belive some1 would put if a 95 is competitive that makes me flaming mad. it really does lol

i honestly dont know how u got a 95 bc u act ******ed to be honest. what do u mean is a 95 competitive????? some of u come here to make every1 else feel bad, i dont bc i have a 95 as ur arse with years of experience but u dont see me comming here and say ohh is a 95 or 99 competitive. some of these posters need help or something geez. next thing u know u will be saying i got into all 10 schools and i dont know what to do which to go, great help is needed..cmonnn

I'm not out to make anyone feel bad and I apologize for that. I was simply asking a question. I was only wondering if I should be worried about my quant, bio, and chem and if 95 was competitive since several people have already posted higher scores.

dont be discouraged....but im sure you know u have to retake the pcat.......try buying the kaplan book studying a couple hours EVERYDAY and see if you can atleast land in the seventies.........

Thank God at least you're giving a constructive advice:good for you!.

I'm not out to make anyone feel bad and I apologize for that. I was simply asking a question. I was only wondering if I should be worried about my quant, bio, and chem and if 95 was competitive since several people have already posted higher scores.

Focus on the rest of the app like start thinking of how well u're gona perform on the interviews : THANK YR GOD and stop being sarcastic by asking an anoying quetion. I kn people that had gotten in the 80's & 90's on pcat but couldn't make it in due to other lapses in their app just as the one I stated above.

Verbal 78
Bio 50
Reading 50
Quant 57
Chem 60
Composite 59
Writing; 3.0/2.5
U of Ill. Chicago
Iowa
Minnesota
Midwestern Downers Grove
Kentucky

its ok for ur first try but i think u will get very few interviews if any at all with that pcat but u still could get a few and only one it takes to get in. i would retake pcat and apply to those schools with the 59. y's ur math and science bad though? bc usually math is a skill and with ur gpa u should have that skill. well gluck

I got my scores today. This is my second time taking it. I almost made my goal of scoring an 80 composite. First thing I want to get off my chest is the way the composite is calculated; it seems much harder boosting your composite percentage if you improve your subject percentages.

Secondly, I always wanted to be a pharmacist ever since I got rejected from ever medical school in the country :)o).

June '07 scores:

Verbal - 90 (used special word list)
Bio- 71 (studied my heart out)
Reading - 39 (3 questions blank jesus mary!)
Quantitative- 57
Chemistry- 58
Composite- 66
Writing scores: 3/2.5

October '07

Verbal- 96 (next time i think I could get a 99; used a special word list night before exam)
Bio- 78 (w/ 1 semester biology grad school/ no preparation)
Reading- 56 (worked faster)
Quantitative- 47 (my brain was dull by this time:confused:)
Chem- 74 (studied in my library for about 10 hours tops:thumbup:)
Composite- 79 (my percetage increased by not so huge in retrospect)
Writing scores: 3/3 (both topics were something that interested me)

Can someone give me advice on what types of schools might be up my alley? My GPA is not the greatest as I am a non traditional student several years (about 4 from undergrad). According to Omnione's post, I'm in the 50/50 retake mark, but I'm 100 percent cornfused. :scared:

For those reading this for guidance, do not look behind and always improve yourself. Your hard work will pay off.