Oct CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmca24

Reaction score
Anyone planning to take their exams this month? And when do you think the next pre-date will be?

Members don't see this ad.

OMG are you freaking serious? That's literally a whole year wasted just taking the test and waiting for results. Jesus I dont think any pharmacy would wait for you that long to get licensed.

Nah, I would say it's closer to 45 days. When I called and talked to BOP, they said it may even take up to 60 days because they have a larger volume of retake applications than expected. Either way, that is a ridiculously unreasonable long time to process an application. Apparently, California is the only state that hires sloths to work for BOP.

OMG are you freaking serious? That's literally a whole year wasted just taking the test and waiting for results. Jesus I dont think any pharmacy would wait for you that long to get licensed.

Yeah it is correct. Like I said, the retake application process is very cumbersome and it’s a lot of waiting. Especially if you have a license from out of state because then you all of this paperwork and license verification that they need to send to the CA board. I believe you have to have a live scan done again with an updated passport photo if It hasn’t been done within a certain amount of time, and then once you finally get that application mailed out - it’s at least another 45 days to get the ATT.

Yeah it is correct. Like I said, the retake application process is very cumbersome and it’s a lot of waiting. Especially if you have a license from out of state because then you all of this paperwork and license verification that they need to send to the CA board. I believe you have to have a live scan done again with an updated passport photo if It hasn’t been done within a certain amount of time, and then once you finally get that application mailed out - it’s at least another 45 days to get the ATT.
my god that is freaking brutal, I just hope I passed so I never have to deal with this crap ever again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone has any idea about the pass rate for past few months, because the one till march of 2018 was only 51-52% which is super scary.

FYI, I saw another post from last year (2017). Ppl who took their CPJE during October-November batch said PSI didn't post predate for their batch. Someone said he/she took CPJE on 10/31 and got the mailed letter dated 11/8. So, maybe we should start checking our mail?

See link for convo ... CPJE November Test Dates

FYI, I saw another post from last year (2017). Ppl who took their CPJE during October-November batch said PSI didn't post predate for their batch. Someone said he/she took CPJE on 10/31 and got the mailed letter dated 11/8. So, maybe we should start checking our mail?

See link for convo ... CPJE November Test Dates

I think you're right. I don't think were getting a pre-date. I've checked everyday. I did get a letter from the board of pharmacy a few days ago ( I thought they were my exam results) stating that they needed my NAPLEX scores transferred over from NY in order to "complete your pharmacists examination licensure application." Anyways - I anticipate that these scores should be coming this week.

Anyone knows if anyone else got their scores who took it late sept/ early october? If there is no predate, then wouldnt those people get their results first before people who took it late october?

Anyone knows if anyone else got their scores who took it late sept/ early october? If there is no predate, then wouldnt those people get their results first before people who took it late october?
Don't know I took it October 4th and still nothing. This week will mark my 45 days if I dont receive it sometime this week.

Don't know I took it October 4th and still nothing. This week will mark my 45 days if I dont receive it sometime this week.

Its so weird that someone said that there's not QA this year but for this batch, it seems so long to get even a predate. Also weird that last year someone said there's no predate in oct and that hey got his results nov 10 after taking it around late oct. I think its been exactly 45 days today from the last predate 9/29

I've just called the BOP and the representative told me that there's no QA right now. She said that some people from the September testings just recently received their CJPE results and that BOP hasn't sent out the October scores yet. She gave me the generic statement, estimating my score to be sent out 45-60 days from my testing date... -_- ... I took mine on Nov 1st. Do you think my result will be included in the recent batch (9/29 - ? ) ?

I've just called the BOP and the representative told me that there's no QA right now. She said that some people from the September testings just recently received their CJPE results and that BOP hasn't sent out the October scores yet. She gave me the generic statement, estimating my score to be sent out 45-60 days from my testing date... -_- ... I took mine on Nov 1st. Do you think my result will be included in the recent batch (9/29 - ? ) ?

Wow 45-60 days? That’s ridiculous. It’s an electronic exam... there’s nothing to grade. I don’t understand why it takes up to 60 days for results. Anyways, not sure if it will be included or not. Good luck

There's also no predate for after October either so I am hoping that the results are sent out in batches of who took it within the 30- 45 days from the last predate of 9/29

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt the same exact way! I took the CPJE on 10/19, and it’s been torture ever since.

Does anyone fully understand the “scaled score”? If the Oct exam was way out of left feild, will our scores be more of on a curve (of course, depending on how everyone in the batch performed)?

I had quite a variety of them, had like 3-4 questions on sterile compounding and testing, 1-2 on cleaning and handling sterile environments, a few on disposing and handling of expired or containment products which weren't in the Rx prep very rare drugs and non-controlled so no idea what proper disposal options would be, obviously quite a few hospital drug quesetions and a couple on tech,intern and pharmacist ratio worded extremely weird and detailed. Other than that I recall questions that I have never heard of and looked up after and still can't come up with the correct answer. Honestly I've taken MPJE and Naplex and passed both but the CPJE was a completely different beast. I felt very prepared but it felt like I got punched in the guts after I was done with that test. I had like first 30-40 questions where I was like 50/50 or had questionable answers on. The last 50 I felt pretty ok about but now that I think about it I might have gotten few wrong in those too. Honestly there is no easy way to study for this test, I did rxprep and its practice tests which I got 70-90 on the tests and studied weissman 3 times and did practice questions on that yet still didn't feel prepared for some of the law and medical questions. They combine both law and medical questions into one and it makes it very hard to discern what they are asking or looking for. Also, know dosing because they ask questions like this patient is diabetic and placed on this drug and these 10 drugs, and then they ask if there are any medical interactions and what dose simvastatin would you start or which if dose of a medication need to be adjusted or should it all remain the same.[/QUOTE

how long did you study for your cpje exam. I am planning to take it but dont know how many months do I need to be ready?

how long did you study for your cpje exam. I am planning to take it but dont know how many months do I need to be ready?

It depends, if you schedule your cpje around naplex, then try to schedule cpje 2 weeks after naplex so the clinical portion can still be fresh. If you took naplex a while ago or transferring in, i would say about 2-3 months depending on how much you study each day

I just called the CA BOP and asked them “why does it take so long to release the CPJE scores if it is an electronic exam... there is nothing to grade?”

The woman basically said that they are not allowed to disclose all of the reasons but she did say that PSI does NOT release scores to the board of Pharmacy until a certain amount of people have taken the exam. She said since October is not a popular testing time the batch results take longer (estimated 45-60 days) to process and release as opposed to people who take it in the summer where the result turn around time is typically much quicker.

I felt the same exact way! I took the CPJE on 10/19, and it’s been torture ever since.

Does anyone fully understand the “scaled score”? If the Oct exam was way out of left feild, will our scores be more of on a curve (of course, depending on how everyone in the batch performed)?

The CA BOP website explains the scaled score pretty thoroughly. But basically my understanding is that some exam versions are harder than others so for the harder tests you can get less answers correct to still obtain a scaled score of 75. Easier versions of the exam will require more correct questions to get a 75. They make it very clear that it is not based on a curve though.

I just called the CA BOP and asked them “why does it take so long to release the CPJE scores if it is an electronic exam... there is nothing to grade?”

The woman basically said that they are not allowed to disclose all of the reasons but she did say that PSI does NOT release scores to the board of Pharmacy until a certain amount of people have taken the exam. She said since October is not a popular testing time the batch results take longer (estimated 45-60 days) to process and release as opposed to people who take it in the summer where the result turn around time is typically much quicker.

Sounds like a the definition of a QA hold doesnt it? If this is the rationale, people who takes it dec- feb are screwed!

if the predate does not show up that means the person will not be included in this batch??
I don't know the answer to this. I thought that as long as you take your exam before the predate your result will be included in this current batch.

Hey everyone! I got my results in the mail today and took my exam 10/23. Thank God I passed! Good luck to all of you and thanks for the moral support and information on this thread!

Reactions: 2 users
Informed delivery only gives you a black and white picture of the mail. It’s a regular size mail and the letter looks dark.... I just checked it and I got my green letter!!!!!

Congrats!!! Mine is coming today in the mail as well. Currently, waiting for the mailman to deliver it. Hope I passed!

Btw, I thought I read somewhere that sending money order with the green letter for licensure will make the process faster than sending in personal check? Is this true?

Last edited:
Dang congratz to all of you, I still haven't received mine and i took it on the 10/4 I guess kind of slow maybe.

I passed as well!

I utilized Rxprep NAPLEX book/ online quizzes and Rxprep CPJE book/quizzes along with CPJE flashcards I found on Quizlet. I felt that Rxprep CPJE book content didn't help me at all with the questions I got for my CPJE exam, though it's a good study material for pharmacy practice in general. For the law portion of CPJE, I would recommend CPJE RxPrep book/quizzes plus other resources (perhaps the Weissman law book? -- I purchased it brand new and didn't get the chance to read it but I've heard the practice questions were helpful). Tips, Rxprep CPJE book didn't brush up on Medicare. I'd recommend reading up on the different types of Medicare. Most importantly, make sure to heavily study brand/generics, indications, side effects, monitoring parameters, and dosing. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Congrats to those that got awesome news today.

Question:
Does the CPJE still have "pick all that apply" or manually enter an answer/value for a calculation problem or is it pure multiple choice now?

There are no Select all that apply on the CPJE now. The are no manually enter an answer/value for calculations either. Its all multiple choice out of 4 answer choices. There will no K- type questions on my test either. (Like those that are A, B or A, B, D, are correct type questions)

90 questions, 15 are pretests and dont count towards your score. Goodluck!

I got my results last week and im so happy a passed!