OCHEM OAT Destroyer

catsomgcats

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How similar is the OChem section on the OAT Destroyer to the real exam? Same difficulty level? I noticed that the destroyer asks a LOT of reactions that Chad never goes over in his videos. So just curious... lol

Members don't see this ad.

Destroyer, in general, is harder than the actual OAT exam in my opinion. However, it is a FANTASTIC study guide. It may ask a lot or go over-the-top, but that prepares you very well. Definitely focus on those road map problems too, that will help you understand how to figure out the product, reagent e.t.c.

Orgo was my best score and I'd blame that on the destroyer.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! Also, what did you use to study for physics? I'm using cracking the OAT but I'm getting tired of going over it again and again and again, and I wanted some more practice

In my experience, more difficult doesn't always mean better prep material. Just because something is harder doesn't mean you're automatically equipped to tackle material in the same subject that is "easier". IMO Destroyer is a great resource, but I just wish there were more resources out there that focused on the specific skills/ competencies tested in the OAT (especially with the recent focus on critical thinking) as opposed to prepping you by just making you do harder stuff. This is just my opinion though...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have to agree with Sunshine43, harder doesn't mean better prep IMO...BUT OAT destroyer worked out great for me

I am doing only chad videos for ochem,, do guys think that's enough?? do I need to look over destroyer too??
I did only chad because I don't have enough time, but if he doesn't cover all the rxn I would go over destroyer too,,,

Chad's doesn't really prepare you well for the destroyer to be honest. You can do amazing on Chad's quiz and still do really bad on the destroyer haha.

I am doing only chad videos for ochem,, do guys think that's enough?? do I need to look over destroyer too??
I did only chad because I don't have enough time, but if he doesn't cover all the rxn I would go over destroyer too,,,

I took the test last year too but I did not use the OAT destroyer. I only used Chad's videos and OAT Achiever. It got me a 350 on OCHEM

I took the test last year too but I did not use the OAT destroyer. I only used Chad's videos and OAT Achiever. It got me a 350 on OCHEM
really? that's all you used for all sections? that's a really good score. What did you use for Bio?? I am between AP bio and Kaplan.

really? that's all you used for all sections? that's a really good score. What did you use for Bio?? I am between AP bio and Kaplan.

I used the OAT Achiever to learn biol and some kaplan. Kaplan's bio is more weird i feel and not as good