OCHEM (2 semesters worth it?)

freedomreigns

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! :Dhehe i'm quite the newbie in posting stuff here.. though i have read alooot of topics. you guys are all so helpful!! :thumbup:

anyways.. I was wondering if ochem 1 & 2 are necessary/beneficial in taking the OAT~
I'm taking one sem. worth of ochem right now in the summer (5 weeks session), but I'm also registered for the 2nd semester (5 wk session) of ochem . The schools I want to apply to only require 1 sem. worth of ochem, but if both semesters is gona help me for the OAT i'm thinking of taking it~

haha sorry long question short. 1 semester of ochem knowledge enough? do u recommend that I just finish up the 2nd semester this summer? THANK YOU!! :D

*oh and also. i'm going to be a junior undergrad student in the fall. and I'm planning on taking both semesters worth of ochem in the summer (5 week ochem a which has just begun, 5 week ochem b.. yikes!).. and just reading all the topics in the forum's getting me quiiite anxious about the OATs since i'm not that great of a test taker even if my grades are alright. i kinda wanna buy one of them books and study here & there early.. do you advise me to start studying with a Kaplan/Princeton Review/etc OAT book? cuz don't they come out with new editions every year- should i wait? hehe thanks for all the input you guys~ God bless!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be better if you took both classes of organic chemistry before taking the OAT. If I recall correctly, there was material from the second semester. Plus it's always better to know more than you need to anyway. Hope this helps.