obtaining old AMCAS confidential letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the request of OP, I removed the upsetting Michael Jackson popcorn gif.

OP, some unsolicited advice: don't be surprised when you give many details about your personal situation and internet strangers comment on them. This is a message board and as such one has to be reasonable about their expectations. My recommendation is to seek honest to God professional assistance and stop posting in this thread.

Thank you very much. It saddens me when a seemingly professional site becomes like the rest of social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you very much. It saddens me when a seemingly professional site becomes like the rest of social media.

We are trying to help you. You have thrown 20+ years of your life down the toilet and are actively seeking advice on how you can find the lever to flush it further.

If you want a bunch of cheerleaders who will help encourage you to further destroy your life, maybe look elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, SDN is more brutal than social media sites

Why? I cower in the face of slight wrongs and words, let alone brutality. 'Conspiracy of silence'? Instead of cowering in a room and regressing to infantile tears, I am trying to save myself. But I must admit, I cry when I hear of people coming out of medical school with only 17k in debt.

We are trying to help you. You have thrown 20+ years of your life down the toilet and are actively seeking advice on how you can find the lever to flush it further.

If you want a bunch of cheerleaders who will help encourage you to further destroy your life, maybe look elsewhere.

I thank the people who are trying to help me; I really do. I want to trust good again. The only 20 years I have thrown away are my fertile ones unfortunately:)

Someone made a comment somewhere about my interpersonal relationships; gone awry? Like most students I am trying to choose wisely friends, dates, etc. I grieve every child I haven't had as a result 'of being thrown to the birds' and having to live outside my country of origin and made to pay back loans whilst taking out other loans.
I am trying my best to rectify myself despite the external circumstances. Counseling, Alanon, codependents anonymous - all of it, I am resourcing.

As much as I'm enjoying this train wreck of a thread, I almost feel bad gawking at what is clearly a public internet breakdown/manic episode.

You are overplaying your "victim" hand and seemingly have been doing so for over two decades. You may have been dealt some bad hands, but the way in which you've responded has demonstrated pretty clearly that you lack what it takes to succeed in this venue.

I wish you luck and health in life, but you are only hurting yourself more with this self delusion.
No way. They've been consistently posting the same story for nearly a decade, and at one point posted legal documents supporting the saga.

They are unfortunately just delusional and show up when they are on a manic upswing hammer posting. Like someone said above it makes me sad.

So just to clarify, it's very unlikely that any residency program in US will interview OP based on her academic history? I'm struggling to understand her timeline given that she has taken a lot of time off and no medical school is sponsoring her education, which makes me wonder how is she even considering applying for residency.

So just to clarify, it's very unlikely that any residency program in US will interview OP based on her academic history? I'm struggling to understand her timeline given that she has taken a lot of time off and no medical school is sponsoring her education, which makes me wonder how is she even considering applying for residency.

She is 100% delusional. Reconcile that and it gets a lot easier to make a little sense here. She has zero chance. Start there and you realize the rest is just the ramblings of someone who unfortunately seems to have PTSD and likely undergoing manic episodes (maybe rapid cycling, who knows).

Reactions: 3 users

From trying to piece things together:

There are three major hurdles:

1. Need for USMLE retakes. By the criteria of nearly every state in the US, she is ineligible for a medical license based both on number of attempts and the "7 yr rule". If I understand correctly, OP appealed and was deemed eligible by ONE state (GA? Not sure)...IF she can retake and pass all Steps in the next year.
-this is also important in that it would be the only state in which OP would be eligible for residency/practice.

2. Need for an "accepting" medical school. As best I can understand, OP is hoping to transfer to a new medical school (preferably US MD but possibly another Carib program), and believes a school will accept her in advance standing as a fourth year student with minimal requirements left for graduation.
-this is probably the single most absurd part of the OPs plans, as it would require a school to accept a fourth year transfer based on 12 year (plus - as it sounds like OP bounced around Ross for 6ish years) old coursework.

3. Residency application: again being extremely limited due to the above mentioned licensing hurdles, OP has to somehow craft all this craziness into a narrative that paints her in at least a reasonable light such that a program will actually entertain the thought of interviewing her. (Hint: blaming inability to deal with conflict on your Meyers-Briggs type, and blaming substance abuse and failure to complete licensing exams on a natural disaster is not a good way to go about crafting that narrative)

Reactions: 5 users
She is 100% delusional. Reconcile that and it gets a lot easier to make a little sense here. She has zero chance. Start there and you realize the rest is just the ramblings of someone who unfortunately seems to have PTSD and likely undergoing manic episodes (maybe rapid cycling, who knows).

I am not delusional. Neither is the state of Georgia. I passed Step1. It expired. I need to retake it. That's all.

From trying to piece things together:

There are three major hurdles:

1. Need for USMLE retakes. By the criteria of nearly every state in the US, she is ineligible for a medical license based both on number of attempts and the "7 yr rule". If I understand correctly, OP appealed and was deemed eligible by ONE state (GA? Not sure)...IF she can retake and pass all Steps in the next year.
-this is also important in that it would be the only state in which OP would be eligible for residency/practice.

2. Need for an "accepting" medical school. As best I can understand, OP is hoping to transfer to a new medical school (preferably US MD but possibly another Carib program), and believes a school will accept her in advance standing as a fourth year student with minimal requirements left for graduation.
-this is probably the single most absurd part of the OPs plans, as it would require a school to accept a fourth year transfer based on 12 year (plus - as it sounds like OP bounced around Ross for 6ish years) old coursework.

3. Residency application: again being extremely limited due to the above mentioned licensing hurdles, OP has to somehow craft all this craziness into a narrative that paints her in at least a reasonable light such that a program will actually entertain the thought of interviewing her. (Hint: blaming inability to deal with conflict on your Meyers-Briggs type, and blaming substance abuse and failure to complete licensing exams on a natural disaster is not a good way to go about crafting that narrative)

I have been in touch with the Usmle secretariat. My 'attempt limits' have not been maxed out. I passed Cs first time which is still valid. I have attempts left for Step2ck; the number varies according to state. I was a USA matriculated student, and once you pass Step1 it should not expire. But I ended up IMG, and it did expire. That's my situation. It sure would be nice to have someone waive my Step1. But..

The other thing I am trying to grasp is that if I was a USA student, yo can get a residency without passing Step2ck until what year? Which means there are people with my education who have been earning money and working without passing Step2ck; but my school requires us to pass Step2ck first.
Anyone know what year this changed?

I have been in touch with the Usmle secretariat. My 'attempt limits' have not been maxed out. I passed Cs first time which is still valid. I have attempts left for Step2ck; the number varies according to state. I was a USA matriculated student, and once you pass Step1 it should not expire. But I ended up IMG, and it did expire. That's my situation. It sure would be nice to have someone waive my Step1. But..

The other thing I am trying to grasp is that if I was a USA student, yo can get a residency without passing Step2ck until what year? Which means there are people with my education who have been earning money and working without passing Step2ck; but my school requires us to pass Step2ck first.
Anyone know what year this changed?

Yes, the state of Georgia granted me waiver to retake Step1. My understanding is that I do not need to go to Georgia, and that I can apply for reciprocity to other states.

Yes, the state of Georgia granted me waiver to retake Step1. My understanding is that I do not need to go to Georgia, and that I can apply for reciprocity to other states.

You can also apply to be the next Bond girl. It ain't gonna happen.

Why are you continuing to torture yourself with these delusions?

Reactions: 1 user

I am not actively trying to flush it. You have no idea how far back my parents started. Or where they are now. I have been traveling with them. I have one foot in the door and both arms outstretched trying to help my parents outlive their parents who died at 52 and 54. The judgement on here is making me feel burned at the stake ready for the electric chair. There is a Good God and I believe. No one of you have seen my clinical rotation grades; which were good before massive burn out. One can only go on so
Long repeating unnecessary stuff, walking through doors people tell you to.. bring 'happy where your feet land' until you crash and burn. And luckily I have some good people trying to help me in real life too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not actively trying to flush it. You have no idea how far back my parents started. Or where they are now. I have been traveling with them. I have one foot in the door and both arms outstretched trying to help my parents outlive their parents who died at 52 and 54. The judgement on here is making me feel burned at the stake ready for the electric chair. There is a Good God and I believe. No one of you have seen my clinical rotation grades; which were good before massive burn out. One can only go on so
Long repeating unnecessary stuff, walking through doors people tell you to.. bring 'happy where your feet land' until you crash and burn. And luckily I have some good people trying to help me in real life too.

I think we all agree you should be getting help. But we differ on what is actually helpful for you.

Continuing to let yourself be deluded into thinking you will be a physician someday is absolutely not helping or healthy.

Reactions: 1 users
You can also apply to be the next Bond girl. It ain't gonna happen.

Why are you continuing to torture yourself with these delusions?

The state of Georgia opened the door. I am walking through it. I am not torturing myself. I am trying to live to my potential.

I think we all agree you should be getting help. But we differ on what is actually helpful for you.

Continuing to let yourself be deluded into thinking you will be a physician someday is absolutely not helping or healthy.

I have 'doctors doctors'. Who are helping me. I am not delusional. I have seen my Cv. If you want to, send me your Email by PM. Thx

The original post lost all credibility when I saw this. Meyers-Briggs has no place beyond big businesses trying to be hip and dating profiles trying to be insightful.

From what I understand, MB was developed by licensed psychologists. I am 99% introverted and 99% feeling (very deeply) on all tests I ever take. 50/50 n/s and 50/50 p/j
Depending on stress level. My deeply feeling deeply introverted nature means I accept blame and Shame and take longer to bounce back than those who don't.

From what I understand, MB was developed by licensed psychologists. I am 99% introverted and 99% feeling (very deeply) on all tests I ever take. 50/50 n/s and 50/50 p/j
Depending on stress level. My deeply feeling deeply introverted nature means I accept blame and Shame and take longer to bounce back than those who don't.

More importantly, you're a grown a** adult. If you know you do these things, STOP and fix it, rather than accept it like "Oh well, my personality type says I can only ever respond this way. Too bad."

... They've been consistently posting the same story for nearly a decade, and at one point posted legal documents supporting the saga.

... I have CPTSD as a result of the experience...

... complex PTSD is REAl... I always prided myself on having good coping mechanisms; but my coping skillz are not so great anymore.

... not a day goes by when I do not regress, blame myself, shame myself because others shamed me, etc...

If I decide this thread is too painful, how do I delete it?

We've probably reached the point of maximum efficacy for this thread...

Reactions: 1 user
Mods, can we please close these two threads? There have been multiple disturbing posts by OP indicating the source of all this is from mental illness, and posters are now in position of either 1. speculating about diagnoses or 2. perpetuating her illogical thought processes.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.