Obtaining hyaluronidase for resident teaching sessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I<3dermis

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to obtain free hyaluronidase for our cosmetic teaching sessions. We have tons of filler, neurotoxin, etc, through various resident cosmetic grants, but I can't find any resources for obtaining hyaluronidase. We currently borrow it from our cosmetic attending, but it would be ideal to get our own supply for multiple reasons. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

That's a good question, it might be worth asking the source of your cosmetic grants if they are able to obtain some hyaluronidase as well

This might be a scenario of where "if you haven't used XXX, you haven't done enough of the procedure that can require you to need XXX"

I don't do a lot of cosmetics but *****knocks heavily on wood*****, I haven't had to use hyaluronidase on any of my own patients yet. Hopefully if teaching good filler injection technique and with a good anatomy background, I don't think hyaluronidase is something that comes up as a common item. (But I do agree if you are going filler injection, it would be nice to have some in clinic anyway.) There were some very aggressive midlevels in our practice that needed to be reigned in and I had to be called in to assist with hyaluronidase but that's another story for another day

We use Hylenex in our clinic (Contact Us - Hylenex), it might also be worth perusing their website, contacting them to see if they offer educational samples

Thank you so much, I'll get in contact with Hylenex and see if any of our cosmetic suppliers can help us out as well!

Reactions: 1 user