Obama vs. McCain Round II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dude this guy is a joke! One part I hated the most about this guy is that he said in his comments that McCain never paid this jester to show himself on youtube. His opinion is that McCain honored him more than barack obama honored the men and women in the service. So, he basically said that obama doesn't honor anyone and paid Tammy Duckworth to score some political points at the DNC for him. She lost both legs in the war and this guy (maybe not even a vet?) is making fun of her? This guy is just another cracker that has the Ku Klux Klan membership.....

Here is what he said:

One final comment. Some have suggested that the McCain Campaign paid for this ad. Nothing could be further from the truth.

McCain would never use soldiers for political gain. He has honored them, but he will not use them.

Unlike the Obama who has used Tammy Duckworth to score political points. McCain has such reverance and respect for our military men and women, he would never use them as political posters.

Nuff said.

Edit: The 'I hated' this comment, I meant that I am dissappointed with these two candidates. McCain doesn't pay his vets to score some political points about him but then someone want to score some for him only because McCain 'honors' him. Obama made Tammy to endorse him. I think this is all B.S. and that Ron Paul had the solutions to all answers.

To sparda: lol you can't just go to the gov't and change the result. One guy tried to assassinate governor ritter here in colorado but the sec guards killed him.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

these types of ads only excite the conservative base.

this has been mccains problem since he won the nomination.
he doesnt seem to understand that he needs the independents and moderate democrats to win.

his new strategy has been to paint obama as a one-man sleeper cell. no one is buying these ads except for his supporters...like these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E

his biggest mistake was choosing Palin as his vp. she lost him the election.

(i predicted obama would win in a landslide the night palin gave her RNC speech)...sorry for bragging...it just feels so good watching the mccain circus crumble

Members don't see this ad :)
these types of ads only excite the conservative base.

this has been mccains problem since he won the nomination.
he doesnt seem to understand that he needs the independents and moderate democrats to win.

his new strategy has been to paint obama as a one-man sleeper cell. no one is buying these ads except for his supporters...like these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E

his biggest mistake was choosing Palin as his vp. she lost him the election.

(i predicted obama would win in a landslide the night palin gave her RNC speech)...sorry for bragging...it just feels so good watching the mccain circus crumble

Dude those people are all racist and said that obama is a terrorist only because of his name. that video didn't make any sense and please don't waste my time with these ads that doesn't have any evidence that he is a terrorist.

my point...you missed it.

Dude those people are all racist and said that obama is a terrorist only because of his name. that video didn't make any sense and please don't waste my time with these ads that doesn't have any evidence that he is a terrorist.

dude this guy is a joke! One part I hated the most about this guy is that he said in his comments that McCain never paid this jester to show himself on youtube. His opinion is that McCain honored him more than barack obama honored the men and women in the service. So, he basically said that obama doesn't honor anyone and paid Tammy Duckworth to score some political points at the DNC for him. She lost both legs in the war and this guy (maybe not even a vet?) is making fun of her? This guy is just another cracker that has the Ku Klux Klan membership.....

Here is what he said:

One final comment. Some have suggested that the McCain Campaign paid for this ad. Nothing could be further from the truth.

McCain would never use soldiers for political gain. He has honored them, but he will not use them.

Unlike the Obama who has used Tammy Duckworth to score political points. McCain has such reverance and respect for our military men and women, he would never use them as political posters.

Nuff said.

Edit: The 'I hated' this comment, I meant that I am dissappointed with these two candidates. McCain doesn't pay his vets to score some political points about him but then someone want to score some for him only because McCain 'honors' him. Obama made Tammy to endorse him. I think this is all B.S. and that Ron Paul had the solutions to all answers.

To sparda: lol you can't just go to the gov't and change the result. One guy tried to assassinate governor ritter here in colorado but the sec guards killed him.

No, he's not. He lost his leg for a country that he loves regardless of whether or not you support the same candidate. Calling any soldier "a joke" is beyond offensive. Seriously.

whats the difference between palin and a pit-bull?

abuse of executive power.

mccain/lieberman 2008

so don't they lose money?

500 000 000
vs
350 000

the argument the OP is making is a real one.... but these numbers are hugely inflated.

Obama is on target to spend 90 million (the highest amount in US history FWIW) and McCain is somewhat less than that.

the argument the OP is making is a real one.... but these numbers are hugely inflated.

Obama is on target to spend 90 million (the highest amount in US history FWIW) and McCain is somewhat less than that.

First off, my numbers are basically dead on. Here is a link for you to view:
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/summary.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638

These candidates are averaging 20-30 million a month raising and spending 80-90% per month too. Obama has raised about 455 million and has spent about 375 million of that...not 90 million.

so don't they lose money?

500 000 000
vs
350 000
As for jackal's comment...I was being a bit sarcastic when I said it, but that's exactly the point I was trying to make.

Doesn't it ever strike anyone funny, that these people(major pres candidates) spend 100's of millions to run for an office that offers them a 350k salary a year in return?!?

Don't get me wrong...I am all about doing things out of the kindness of my heart, and not for financial compensation. Heck, I wouldn't be in the Healthcare field if I didn't believe in helping others. But we are talking about global geo-political issues here. Things at that level are strictly business, profit, and lining peoples pockets. The amount of power brokering and back-room dealing that goes on at the presidential level is mind boggling, and is why these people will spend close to 500 million for a 350k return.

No, he's not. He lost his leg for a country that he loves regardless of whether or not you support the same candidate. Calling any soldier "a joke" is beyond offensive. Seriously.

okay, I never said that a real soldier is a joke. I said this guy could be a fakie. Tammy is not a fakie and I meant that she did deserved to be paid to honor obama. McCain should do the same but doesn't which makes him a fool.

By the way, for anyone that 'has' proof that obama is a arab, which I doubt, here is what mccain has to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4

Members don't see this ad :)
I have proof...just look as his name. (kidding)

Lots of crazies at the McCain rallies.

It's amusing seeing McCain having to educated his supporters on Obama by using "facts" and "reality"

okay, I never said that a real soldier is a joke. I said this guy could be a fakie. Tammy is not a fakie and I meant that she did deserved to be paid to honor obama. McCain should do the same but doesn't which makes him a fool.

By the way, for anyone that 'has' proof that obama is a arab, which I doubt, here is what mccain has to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrnRU3ocIH4

When McCain had to correct that old bat, he pretty much had the same face the pharmacist I work with has when a patient does something really dumb, like ingesting one of the drying agent plastic things that are inside the original stock bottles. (Yeah, if the stock bottle has the same amount as the prescription requires, we just slap a label onto the stock bottle instead of taking it out and putting it into a CVS bottle.)

When McCain had to correct that old bat, he pretty much had the same face the pharmacist I work with has when a patient does something really dumb, like ingesting one of the drying agent plastic things that are inside the original stock bottles. (Yeah, if the stock bottle has the same amount as the prescription requires, we just slap a label onto the stock bottle instead of taking it out and putting it into a CVS bottle.)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:thumbup::thumbup:

it's pretty embarrassing to see the people that speak at the mccain-palin town hall meetings. and i think that mccain doesn't identify with those people at all. he spent most of the time at the beginning of his campaign trying to win over the people of his own party! and he did seal the deal with them by choosing palin as his running mate because she's the same type of anti-intellectual, god-fearing, racist crazies that make up the republican base (although i doubt he had any say in choosing her and if it were up to him he would've chosen liberman). mccain is a good guy but he wants to win so badly that he's doing whatever it takes to win, including giving up his own beliefs. it makes me feel sorta bad for the guy. but hey, we can't count him out yet. a lot can happen in the next few weeks. and with all the voter purging going on in the swing states, who knows what the outcome will be.

it's pretty embarrassing to see the people that speak at the mccain-palin town hall meetings. and i think that mccain doesn't identify with those people at all. he spent most of the time at the beginning of his campaign trying to win over the people of his own party! and he did seal the deal with them by choosing palin as his running mate because she's the same type of anti-intellectual, god-fearing, racist crazies that make up the republican base (although i doubt he had any say in choosing her and if it were up to him he would've chosen liberman). mccain is a good guy but he wants to win so badly that he's doing whatever it takes to win, including giving up his own beliefs. it makes me feel sorta bad for the guy. but hey, we can't count him out yet. a lot can happen in the next few weeks. and with all the voter purging going on in the swing states, who knows what the outcome will be.

Oh my lord... You are a racist now for being a republican...Okay...

racist crazies that make up the republican base
Not supporting Obama = racist?? Heaven forbid someone doesn't like/agree with Obama, simply label them a racist. 90% of blacks are voting for Obama, whites are no where near that percentage for McCain. Go to the sociopolitcal forum if you're intent was to argue for or against a candidate, as this has nothing to do with pre-pharmacy.

well, its arguable that the mccain has the kkk demographic. but that doesnt mean everyone in his rallies (or supporters) are racist. other than that, i agree with everything else in Pharmie218s post.

a lot of people (including sdn'ers) criticize the obama supporters of being overzealous...adn this might be true. but obama's supporters like obama because he is the american dream personified. they like people talking about how great that light at the end of the tunnel could be.

mccain rallies though, are the complete opposite. its a lot of negativity, and fear mongering. what comes to mind is in a rally this week when "Joe six-pack" said he felt like hes in danger with an obama presidency. mccain was quick to shut him up...rightfully so.

anyway, generally speaking, i would much rather be around obama supporters than mccains

im hungover :(

Not supporting Obama = racist?? Heaven forbid someone doesn't like/agree with Obama, simply label them a racist. 90% of blacks are voting for Obama, whites are no where near that percentage for McCain. Go to the sociopolitcal forum if you're intent was to argue for or against a candidate, as this has nothing to do with pre-pharmacy.

I bet McCain is actually really disturbed that a lot of hateful crazies are following him. I'd be. Granted it's a smaller fraction of the republican party, but it kinda sucks to have your constituency be a part of something that you once called an 'agent of intolernace.' The once dirty campaign tactics used against him are now in his palm. How ironic. He and palin have created a monster they can't control.

What do you guys work for ACORN?? Seriously this forum is turning into an Obama campaign rally. Is anyone else sick of reading this crap in a PRE-PHARMACY FORUM?? I am... Why don't you guys just instant message each other since it is pretty much like, three people confirming each other's thoughts?

I have yet to use federal loans, but it would be REALLY SAD if federal help for EDUCATION ends, and yet, people are still given checks to sit around and do nothing..just like the rest of you (I'm sure), every day I see people come in and pick up Lortab, Ambien CR, Adderall XR (for 5 children from 4 different dads), Soma, etc, on Medicaid. Certainly almost everyone can see that there is money being wasted like crazy on people getting this medication for basically nothing, or getting the government to pay for their children that they have every 2 years..basically the welfare culture..gets paid for free and clear, but those of us who work hard to make it through college get denied LOANS that we would be willing to pay back.
I do realize that some people need Medicaid, I am referring to the 80% who abuse it. I know of people who have gotten pregnant on purpose to qualify for more money. (my mom works for a special-ed place so she meets a lot of druggie teens who have had babies to avoid going to college..a girl I graduated with did drugs consistently throughout her pregnancy, had a special needs child, and now gets $700 a month..she puts the kid in the free daycare all day...so she'll still get $700 a month, but the rest of us trying to pay for school..no such luck..and that poor little baby will never be taken care of, unless it is by the state)
:mad: I'M SORRY!!!! I got on my soapbox again!!!!! Ahhh! It is just sickening to see all of this! :eek:

I agree. It really upsets me when the people who work the hardest and pays the most taxes might not be able to even get loans for school that they will eventually pay back, but the people who cheats the government gets grants and free money to go to school + more.

My parents had to pay through school because we are middle class, while my cousin and her parents get free money from the government to pay for school, books, and living. And since there is more than what she really needs for school, they used that money to pay for the mortgage on their house and brags to our family how they are so rich and they don't have to pay for anything.

So i am all for helping the people who really need that money and put it to good use, but as for people like my cousin... that is a shame.

What do you guys work for ACORN?? Seriously this forum is turning into an Obama campaign rally. Is anyone else sick of reading this crap in a PRE-PHARMACY FORUM?? I am... Why don't you guys just instant message each other since it is pretty much like, three people confirming each other's thoughts?

OH, i remember you from the other political thread.

Well, If you're sick of reading posts on a "Mccain vs Obama" thread, you can always choose to not click on the link. and let the thread die.

Or you can post how this election might affect your future pharmacy career...Or you avoid topics that arent related to pharmacy, like ACORN

This isnt the first irrelevant thread with respect to pharmacy on this website.

Please go be angry somewhere else...like to a McCain rally.

Well, If you're sick of reading posts on a "Mccain vs Obama" thread, you can always choose to not click on the link. and let the thread die.

Or you can post how this election might affect your future pharmacy career...Or you avoid topics that arent related to pharmacy, like ACORN

How many times can you shoot a dead horse? Obama is great. Yada yada yada. You remember me from another political thread? I wasn't disrespectful like the people on this thread are and I can't believe you have not yet been banned.

:laugh:

check this out!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

Obama is slowly gaining the midwest states (Colorado is going to be a tough one for him to get because we have a variety like in my neighborhood a half are for mccain and other half for obama) and the west coast is his territory now.

Is it really the health care that people care the most? and getting out of the war in Iraq (do you think he will succeed in removing the troops out of there?)?

If the health care prices decreases, wouldn't that decrease the prescription's cost??

How many times can you shoot a dead horse? Obama is great. Yada yada yada. You remember me from another political thread? I wasn't disrespectful like the people on this thread are and I can't believe you have not yet been banned.

Contrarian opinions don't warrant banishment. While this thread could be moved to all students, the campaign does affect all of us for various reasons. It would be more beneficial if it focused more on it's affects on pharmacy, but in a month the thread will be dead and noone will care.

Contrarian opinions don't warrant banishment. While this thread could be moved to all students, the campaign does affect all of us for various reasons. It would be more beneficial if it focused more on it's affects on pharmacy, but in a month the thread will be dead and noone will care.

Trust me, I have NO PROBLEM with people with different beliefs from myself. What I do have a problem with is people calling other people "uneducated" or "racist" for being McCain supporters...and I'm not even a McCain supporter! If you don't like McCain, attack McCain, but attacking a person for being a McCain supporter OR an Obama supporter is not and should not be okay in a forum where everyone is here to HELP EACH OTHER. Read the $700 billion/loans thread and tell me the posts are not offensive. People have been banned for much less than that.

Well, most McCain supporters are those who live in the middle of nowhere without access to real education and with access to the bull**** that is propagated on TV by the media.

From what I've seen, there's a lot of Arab/Muslim-fearing going around in the McCain circles, this is pretty damn dangerous. I'm Muslim and I wear this head wrap when I play paintball, I don't want some country bumpkin to take out his real gun and shoot me.

shem014.jpg

Well, most McCain supporters are those who live in the middle of nowhere without access to real education and with access to the bull**** that is propagated on TV by the media.

From what I've seen, there's a lot of Arab/Muslim-fearing going around in the McCain circles, this is pretty damn dangerous. I'm Muslim and I wear this head wrap when I play paintball, I don't want some country bumpkin to take out his real gun and shoot me.

shem014.jpg

Since you are muslim, I would think you would know better than anyone else the dangers in generalizing against a group of people. Just because you have had bad experiences with republicans doesn't mean they're ALL ignorant just as every muslim isn't an extremist. Would it have then been considered offensive if I said I don't want some muslim to run their plane into my office building? Why can you generalize and think that it isn't offensive?

Okay so,
Believe it or not...I choose my words carefully when writing these posts.

i NEVER said all republicans are uneducated. If i remember correctly, i said something along the lines of "generally speaking, palin/mccain supporters are uneducated"

that statement was based on polls that ive seen (including from fox news btw).... And I got some criticism for that..and thats fine.

so, im sorry if you got offended reading my posts. The truth is, these political threads are touchy for some people. And if you dont have tough skin, you shouldn't be in here.

Since you are muslim, I would think you would know better than anyone else the dangers in generalizing against a group of people. Just because you have had bad experiences with republicans doesn't mean they're ALL ignorant just as every muslim isn't an extremist. Would it have then been considered offensive if I said I don't want some muslim to run their plane into my office building? Why can you generalize and think that it isn't offensive?

Okay so,
Believe it or not...I choose my words carefully when writing these posts.

i NEVER said all republicans are uneducated. If i remember correctly, i said something along the lines of "generally speaking, palin/mccain supporters are uneducated"

that statement was based on polls that ive seen (including from fox news btw).... And I got some criticism for that..and thats fine.

so, im sorry if you got offended reading my posts. The truth is, these political threads are touchy for some people. And if you dont have tough skin, you shouldn't be in here.

No... you said, "Its a fact that palin/McCain supporters are generally uneducated, I'm surprised that some of them are lurking around here...." (see $700 billion in loans thread) :confused:

No... you said, "Its a fact that palin/McCain supporters are generally uneducated, I'm surprised that some of them are lurking around here...." (see $700 billion in loans thread) :confused:

loltrekke3.jpg

LOL- I totally agree. There is so much spin on this thread I though I was on cnn.com.

BTW- I work in managed care and there is no way is HELL I would ever vote Democrat.

I am in no way a fan of Obama, however there is just no possible way that I would vote for Mccain

Another ron paul fan?

God no.

I'm voting democratic. I'm not particular awed by Obama like everyone else seems to be, his speeches didn't really motivate me either. But I believe that a Mccain presidency would be quite disastrous.

God no.

I'm voting democratic. I'm not particular awed by Obama like everyone else seems to be, his speeches didn't really motivate me either. But I believe that a Mccain presidency would be quite disastrous.

You don't like Ron Paul? Can you explain why?

Obama may be boring to some people but if you try to listen, read his speeches, and understand what he is talking about, then you will know why obama is an excellent speaker. But the question is, when is he going to fix the economy and get us out of the iraq war? He didn't quite say, did he? he may promise to do those things he wants to do, but they can take forever to reform.

Another thing I want to mention about obama, he said in his prologue in the book that "it is not a manifesto." So, he is saying that the things in his book are only ideas and his ideas could change. Basically,he is not going to take action right away but could change ideas in the future.

Now, in the otherhand, Dr. Ron Paul did say in his book that his ideas are a manifesto, which means that he will take action right when he get elected.

I do think that Ron Paul is the better of the republicans, however I disagree with him on most social issues.

As for Barack, I've listened to his speeches, but I agree with him on most issues, but I was never one to be moved by words.\

Edit: So I read up on Ron Paul and it seems that although he may be personally against a certain issue, he is willing to let the states decide. But practically speaking, I think that the Ron Paul for President ship has sailed.

Last edited:
I do think that Ron Paul is the better of the republicans, however I disagree with him on most social issues.

As for Barack, I've listened to his speeches, but I agree with him on most issues, but I was never one to be moved by words.

What social issues do you disagree with?

And what issues did you agree that barack says?

Let me ask you this though, did you read any books? like Ron Paul's a revolution or Barack Obama's Audacity of Hope? or did you just listen to his debates?

Edit: So you posted a new one and you said that you don't agree with Ron Paul's idea about having the states decide themselves?

What social issues do you disagree with?

And what issues did you agree that barack says?

Let me ask you this though, did you read any books? like Ron Paul's a revolution or Barack Obama's Audacity of Hope? or did you just listen to his debates?

Edit: So you posted a new one and you said that you don't agree with Ron Paul's idea about having the states decide themselves?

I haven't read either books. I have just been going by what they have said during debates and speeches, although to be honest I wasn't paying nearly as much attention to the Republican Primaries...since I'm not a registered Republican.

Ron Paul's anti-abortion stance, and his rejection of Universal Health Care, and his stance on separation of church and state comes to mind in terms of things I disagree with. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about Ron Paul)

As for Barack Obama, in the two party system, he represents my views and beliefs moreso than Mccain on issues of Health Care, Gay rights, women's rights, the war on Iraq etc. This is not to say that I completely agree with him regarding these issues, however given the choices...

I'm a huge supporter of Obama...but to be honest I don't really know who's plan is going to work or not. I don't think anyone really knows. It's really easy to talk and conjure up all these eleborate plans but the real question is where are we going to find the proper funding to carry these out. And where are the damn blue prints!

I don't agree with the fact that just because the Obamas went to better schools, he'd be a better president. Does going to San Francisco pharmacy vs. LECOM (or something similar) make you a better pharmacist? I don't think so.

EXACTLY, the school doesn't make you. I love the ass clowns that think because they go to some Ivy League school that they are automatically the best. I went to a state school and think of myself as being well above average overall.

Bottom line is: brand names are for clothes, not schools. Besides funding, the other good thing about these elite schools is the connections you make. Regardless of what anyone tells you, it does come down to who you know. period

Ron Paul's anti-abortion stance, and his rejection of Universal Health Care, and his stance on separation of church and state comes to mind in terms of things I disagree with. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about Ron Paul)

I want to wait over a year for a major surgery, I love you universal health care. I wonder how long of a wait its going to be for a normal primary care visit?

Sorry, but universal health care isn't for me.

SOURCE: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-tanner5apr05,0,2227144.story?coll=la-opinion-rightrail

EXACTLY, the school doesn't make you. I love the ass clowns that think because they go to some Ivy League school that they are automatically the best. I went to a state school and think of myself as being well above average overall.

Bottom line is: brand names are for clothes, not schools. Besides funding, the other good thing about these elite schools is the connections you make. Regardless of what anyone tells you, it does come down to who you know. period

Maybe you should read what I was saying in this whole forum instead of calling me an 'ass clown'. I elaborated more things in the thread about which president is good and bad and I didn't talk anymore about how educated anybody was. I doubt that you even care to read the whole entire thread or even read any books like Ron Paul's A Revolution, Barack Obama's Audacity of Hope, and I don't even care to read McCain's book because I already seen what Bush did to our economy for the past 8 years.

The clown comment was rather general (i've ran into that point of view before) so not directly at you.

9/11 is a big player in the current situation in the United States, since we cannot re-do history and place (insert president name here) and people will talk all day about what they would have done differently (hindsight is 20/20). We move forward and fix what is broken (well attempt to).

It isn't like the past 8 years were uneventful and Bush threw it all down the tank.