OAT without classes

Kenzie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would love a little help and direction. I am wanting to take the OAT around this time next year or earlier. I am 25 years old, married, and have 2 kids (with another addition in July). I had planned on taking OC and Physics 2 by the time I took my OAT, however with the new baby coming I may or may not be able to get OC done this summer...and I surely won't have physics 2 done in time to take the OAT. If I take the OAT and bomb the OC and Physics portion am I done for? I have a 3.6 GPA and I'll have about a 3.0-3.5 in my science courses.

I really had my heart set on starting in August of 08.

I really appreciate any responses.

Members don't see this ad.

hello,

I say at long as you average (TS and AA) around the average of the optometry schools, you should be okay. They will probably take into consideration that you have a family to raise. For subjects that you don't know well, learn it from the textbooks, then on the review books to make sure you know the basic concepts really well. anyway good luck !!

You can still score well. Just because you didn't take the classes doesn't mean you will bomb the section. Make sure to study off of the kaplan book and use your physics text and Ochem text book. If you haven't taken Ochem 1 you will have to learn everything by yourself. If you already took Ochem 1 you should be fine. The physics section is mainly about 1 semester stuff anyways. Just learn from sample problems about the stuff you don't know.

Good Luck

I agree... if you've do ne Phsyics and Chem 1 you shoul dbe fine. I found Physics to be pretty much physics 1 stuff...