OAT Time Trick

EyeSeeYou

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may be useful for some individuals who need a little breather in between sections without using any of their allotted time.

Once a section is completed, the message box "The time for this section has expired" will pop up with an OK button. I saw this box after completing the science section and was curious as to what would happen if I didn't press it.

After completing the Physics section, I felt like I needed a little breather to help me relax for the QR. I waited for the box to show up, but instead of clicking on the OK button, I sat idle. I sat there for about a half a minute to a minute with the box up on my screen. After I calmed down, I pressed OK and the QR started with a full 45 minutes on the clock.

So if you want a quick breather, a quick restroom break, or time to write down equations for your next section, don't press the OK button! I'm curious as to how long this box will remain up on the screen without pressing the OK button. Who knows, maybe it won't switch sections until you press it? Anybody know?

***USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! I may have gotten a beneficial glitch during my exam, you may not be so lucky!***

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, but this doesn't actually work. During my OAT, I also wondered what would happen if I didn't hit the "OK" button, so I just sat there and waited. The next section started automatically about half a minute later. So while it is a nice little breather, do NOT go to the bathroom or leave the room during this time. It only lasts for a short amount of time.

Good luuuuck!