OAT study method/schedule/timeline

jct8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just starting to study for my OATs, I hope to take the exam by mid-november and apply by end of November. I plan to do 2-3 weeks of content review (kaplan book) and 2-3 weeks of problems (OAT destroyer and possibly achiever if I have enough time). What is your recommendation for OAT study method/schedule/timeline for a good score? How many hours a day did you study and for how long? How much time did you spend on content review and doing problems? What resources did you use (Kaplan online resources is outta the question for me, I simply can't afford it)? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I studied roughly 2 months for a couple hours a day. I took the Kaplan online prep course. My normal schedule would be: Read and go over the various chapters one day then do the lesson the following day. If I had any trouble with the topics I would go back through the difficult stuff. I also took a lot of practice tests and section tests to see what stuff I was weak on. I would say you should take at least 3-4 practice tests. This way you can see where you need to focus your time. I ended up scoring - TS: 390 and AA: 350 with a 3.42 GPA.