OAT scores

Lila V

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my OAT at the end of June and I studied for almost two months before. I used the Top score pro and kaplan study guide. I would have to say that the questions on the Kaplan guide were harder than the ones I saw on my OAT, especially for the physics section. The topscore pro had a lot of good questions, but the scoring system was a little off and no complete answers. I also bought the OAT professor online, but it was a huge waste of money! A couple of days before I did the test on the ASCO website (www.opted.org) , and it was the best indicator for my actual performance:

Bio: 400
OC: 400
GC: 380
PH: 390
QR: 360
RC: 360
TS: 400
AA: 380

I would say more than going out there and spending hundreds of dollars on study materials, buy a good review book (Kaplan is really good, I bought mine for 30 dollars on Amazon), and then a CD that lets you practise taking them on a computer screen (like Topscore). Reading Comp is way harder on screen, so practise that for sure. Try not to be too nervous, nerves are a definite exam score killer! Just study hard, and then there is no reason not to do well. Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi great scores!

how did your top score scores compare to the real thing?

thanks

The topscore scoring was ok I think, but of course, I don't know how many I got wrong on the actual test, so it's hard to tell. I know the reading comp is wrong, because I got two off and it gave me a 310, and according to the website (www.opted.org), that is way off. Other than that, I think that my scores were usually around 350-380, which is maybe a little lower than I did on the acutal day. If you are wondering about it though check out the opted site. On the trial OAT, there is a scoring sheet, and you can tabulate your own scores, using your marks from a topscore test. I hope that helps, and good luck!