OAT resources

jck16

Perpetual Student, OD, FAAOFAAO
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm taking the OAT in Feb, and I want to organize a set of good practice tests first. So far I only have the practice test from the OAT testing center. What are some of the resources that you've used and how do they compare to the actual test?

Members don't see this ad.

jck16 said:
Hi everyone. I'm taking the OAT in Feb, and I want to organize a set of good practice tests first. So far I only have the practice test from the OAT testing center. What are some of the resources that you've used and how do they compare to the actual test?

I've used the TopScore Pro (www.scholarware.com)and the OAT Professor (www.oatprofessor.com). I would recommend the TopScore Pro CD because I think it is a fair representation of the OAT itself. (Perhaps a little harder... so if you can do well on the practice tests... you should do pretty well on the OAT itself.) I would NOT recommend the OAT Professor. The questions are way too easy and some of the answers are even wrong. That was a waste of $50. I have also heard very good things about the Kaplan course, but did not use it myself for time/financial reasons. I assume that you are taking the computerized version (written no longer available.) You are ahead of the game if you are already starting to study this early! Best of luck to you! p.greeneyes

KAPLAN is good for those that took bio and chem in thier freshman year and have forgotten most of it. KAPLAN online is for those that need a refresher of what they learned.

if you want to score real high (360+) i would say take the kaplan course and do ALL of the practice problems ^^ good luck!

still_confused said:
KAPLAN is good for those that took bio and chem in thier freshman year and have forgotten most of it. KAPLAN online is for those that need a refresher of what they learned.

if you want to score real high (360+) i would say take the kaplan course and do ALL of the practice problems ^^ good luck!

still confused...did you do the kaplan online or classroom course?

still_confused said:

still confused...did you do the kaplan course online or in the classroom? sorry for the duplication...