OAT reg. and dates

jc812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I didn't seem to find the answers I was looking for.

Once registered to take the OAT, how long is the registration good for? (for example, after a year.. I would need to register again)

What are the dates for the test. I had thought it was Feb. and October days only.. but I pulled this out from the blue. Is it normally twice a month, every month or something?

Lastly, how do I stinking register? I've looked at the Thomson Prometric site, but it only offers sched. and locations. I don't seem to see a registration form or anything? (the site on opted.org- online registration for OAT- is javascript (void) on my computer!)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I didn't seem to find the answers I was looking for.

Once registered to take the OAT, how long is the registration good for? (for example, after a year.. I would need to register again)

What are the dates for the test. I had thought it was Feb. and October days only.. but I pulled this out from the blue. Is it normally twice a month, every month or something?

Lastly, how do I stinking register? I've looked at the Thomson Prometric site, but it only offers sched. and locations. I don't seem to see a registration form or anything? (the site on opted.org- online registration for OAT- is javascript (void) on my computer!)

Thanks

We live in the computer world now so you can take the OAT at anytime during the year (once every three months if retaking the test) at affiliated centers - if they have time slots open that is. Go to http://www.opted.org and you will be linked to the OAT registration site. If you can't use it on your computer you might try and find another computer to use OR call the Optometry Admissions Testing Program to figure out how to request a paper application to register for the test. If you do the registration online you'll have to pay by credit card...and if you elect to apply/register through mail, you will have to pay the registration fee with a money order or cashier's check. The registration is good for 12 months, which cannot be extended under any circumstances. Its probably good to at least know a tentative time period in which you wish to take the test because you'd be out the $195.00 registration fee if the registration did expire.

You can pay $10 to reschedule (if your appointment at Prometric is cancelled/rescheduled by you at least 48 hours before the originally scheduled test time). That's about it.

Here is the snail mail address and phone number:
Optometry Admission Testing Program
211 East Chicago Avenue, Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60611-2678
800-232-2159

Good luck!

Ya, so pretty much any day of the year. It depends on the Prometric center that you take it at. The center close to me had, oh probably 3 or 4 days a week to take it. You just need to sign up for it online like the poster before me said, they'll have all the available days.