OAT Reading Comp Strategy

rani82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

A lot of you have been mentioning that the RC section of the computerized OAT has a lot of inference type questions that may not work well with the Kaplan strategy, i.e. "scan, pick out key words, then tackle the questions" etc....

For those of you that have taken the OAT recently, what was your strategy and did you get good results? Did you spend more time skimming the passage or did you jump right into the questions? I know it depends largely on personal preference but your input is appreciated.

Good luck to all of you that are taking the OAT/applying for 2007!

Thanks!
rani82

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

A lot of you have been mentioning that the RC section of the computerized OAT has a lot of inference type questions that may not work well with the Kaplan strategy, i.e. "scan, pick out key words, then tackle the questions" etc....

For those of you that have taken the OAT recently, what was your strategy and did you get good results? Did you spend more time skimming the passage or did you jump right into the questions? I know it depends largely on personal preference but your input is appreciated.

Good luck to all of you that are taking the OAT/applying for 2007!

Thanks!
rani82

They're really not that bad if you could get used to greater stuff from the MCAT materials.

Hi,

I am actually only using the Kaplan OAT materials - are the MCAT Reading Comp materials very different?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am actually only using the Kaplan OAT materials - are the MCAT Reading Comp materials very different?

Thanks!

You may sign up for a free 3R test from the following website:

http://www.e-mcat.com/

MCAT is significantly harder than OAT. Try the Verbal Reasoning part from the online test as said. It consists primarily of inferences and critical thinking questions.

Hi NeverGiveUp and silviapoe,

Thank so much for your help - I will definitely try out the verbal reasoning section. I'll keep you posted if I have any other questions - thanks again!

-rani82