OAT question- kaplan course

jav316

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone take the kaplan course to prepare for the oat? what was most helpful about it? science review? physics math review? the practice tests?

If you studied on your own, what tools did you use? does barrons have a test prep book? Is there any way to practice with past tests?

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

jav316 said:
Has anyone take the kaplan course to prepare for the oat? what was most helpful about it? science review? physics math review? the practice tests?

If you studied on your own, what tools did you use? does barrons have a test prep book? Is there any way to practice with past tests?

Thank you :)
Hey there jav:

You may want to read this post:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=183386&highlight=kaplan

I, and a couple others, mentioned our experiences with Kaplan in that post. I highly recommend it. The most helpful part of it was the fact that they pinpoint exactly what you need to know for each field, so you don't study things that won't appear on test day. The most helpful parts (for me) was the O-Chem and Physics reviews. The least helpful was the english.

Good luck!

al-majhul said:
Hey there jav:

You may want to read this post:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=183386&highlight=kaplan

I, and a couple others, mentioned our experiences with Kaplan in that post. I highly recommend it. The most helpful part of it was the fact that they pinpoint exactly what you need to know for each field, so you don't study things that won't appear on test day. The most helpful parts (for me) was the O-Chem and Physics reviews. The least helpful was the english.

Good luck!

Has anybody had a bad experience using the Kaplan Test Prep Course?

PreOptMegs said:
Has anybody had a bad experience using the Kaplan Test Prep Course?

I took mine over the summer, along with Calculus, and working in between...NOT FUN, but that's my own fault....devote as much time as you can to kaplan and it will be a good experience/investment. If you keep up with their program you'll be fine for the OAT.