OAT Practice Exam

rsaab1234

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the OAT practice exam provided by opted.org and got a 320 overall without studying. Does anybody think that this is valid? I understand that the practice is shorter than the actual exam and the OAT is on computer, while this one wasn't. I am scheduled to take the real exam in mid June. I have been studying pretty hard since that last one, but for some reason I feel that the real one is going to be a lot harder. Any advise? Thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

I think that's a pretty good indicator. Just keep brushing up. The OAT is not as scary as some people make it out to be nor as scary as Kaplan makes it out to be - you'll be fine. =)

I took the OAT practice exam provided by opted.org and got a 320 overall without studying. Does anybody think that this is valid? I understand that the practice is shorter than the actual exam and the OAT is on computer, while this one wasn't. I am scheduled to take the real exam in mid June. I have been studying pretty hard since that last one, but for some reason I feel that the real one is going to be a lot harder. Any advise? Thanks:)

I didn't remember that exam being very long. You could always go to Kaplan and take a diagnostic test. It isn't a full length one (I don't think it is) but it's still pretty long. It's free and they give you a printout of your results. You can just go in to take the test whenever. If you can get similar results on this diagnostic, I think you should be fine studying on your own. I found the real OAT to be no more difficult than the Kaplan material, and usually easier.

You can also try the OAT software that has full length tests. Search around the forums to see how they compare.

Good luck,
Jeff

Yeah I bought the kaplan book with 2 full length exams in them. I am going to check it out a lil bit and see how it goes. Did you take the kaplan class, or just buy the book? I am also going to buy the OAT topscore of achiever. Any preferences?