OAT...please help me.

duracell

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has taken the computerized OAT. I might want to take it again, but i'm a bit scared of the math and reading part, since i can't write on the paper OR flip back and forth.

Is it easy to go back and forth, like for reading? I wanna get my scores in quickly and to the computer one, but i'm worried i'll bomb the reading part especially. Since i like to highlight and such.

I just can't figure out how the scrolling will work out..like if you waste time to jump back and forth.

Did anyone find the computerized one harder compared to written?? Please tell me your tips and suggestions. Thanks for the help guys and gals.

Members don't see this ad.

duracell said:
I'm just wondering if anyone has taken the computerized OAT. I might want to take it again, but i'm a bit scared of the math and reading part, since i can't write on the paper OR flip back and forth.

Is it easy to go back and forth, like for reading? I wanna get my scores in quickly and to the computer one, but i'm worried i'll bomb the reading part especially. Since i like to highlight and such.

I just can't figure out how the scrolling will work out..like if you waste time to jump back and forth.

Did anyone find the computerized one harder compared to written?? Please tell me your tips and suggestions. Thanks for the help guys and gals.

I feel I am in the same boat as you. I think I would do better on the written one in October, but I can't wait that long for scores.... I have heard that people are consistently doing better on the computerized tests, though, but that cold be do to an increased amount of studying for their second attempt.

PreOptMegs said:
I feel I am in the same boat as you. I think I would do better on the written one in October, but I can't wait that long for scores.... I have heard that people are consistently doing better on the computerized tests, though, but that cold be do to an increased amount of studying for their second attempt.

One nice thing about the computerized version is that you don't have to fill in those stupid circles or squares. I always worried about them not being filled in enough or stray marks and all that stuff.

The reading comprehension is kind of cool I think. The screen splits into 2 screens. The questions are on top and the article is on bottom. That's a little nicer than flipping pages back and forth.