OAT in 5 more days

luvblueyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am taking the OAT in 5 more days and I think I have spent half my week stressing and crying over it!!! Haha. I am so so so scared!!!! I feel like I know nothing, despite all my effort and studying.

Practice tests feel very hard, and as far as physics, I am :eek:. Does anybody know if there is a lot of questions on Magnetism and Currents? I am having a HARD time with these chapters. I have read through my text book, the MCAT book, and sparknotes, but it's still fuzzy!! I have taken 2/3 terms of physics, and of course this is the stuff I am missing.

I am just feeling really overwhelmed with EVERYTHING, but I am glad it will all be over soon!!

If anybody has any comments, advice, tips, hints, information, ANYTHING, I would be the most grateful person ever!!!!

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

You should really know the basics about currents and magnetism. Make sure you know V=iR, parallel and series circuits, and how to get their resistances. I'd suggest making a "review page" on these subjects to simplify them for you. Reading the text sometimes over-complicates things. Good luck and don't worry too much!

Hi, I wrote the OAT earlier this week. Before I took it I felt I knew the material reasonably well, and that it would go OK. But there's more to getting good results than just knowing the material. Don't get me wrong, you have to know the material, but you also have to know how to take an exam.

In my opinion the single most important thing is to remain calm. I picked up on a little stress from your post, but stressing out during an exam will only make it harder for you to remember your stuff. Also, don't worry about how you've done until you're actually done. If you think you did poorly on one section, try not to let it affect you. Tell yourself that you won't know how you've done until the end, and the best thing you can do is just stay focused. After the first section (bio/chem/org chem), I thought I did horribly and I think it took its toll on me during the next section (reading comprehension). While I was reading the articles I started thinking of how badly I'd done and how I'd have to retake the test etc etc. But it turned out I did really well in bio chem and org. chem, but my RC was not so good.

Don't worry and stay focused and you'll do well.