OAT destoryer Physics

richard86

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to use the destroyer physics problems instead of Kaplan's subject tests. Is this a good idea? Or should I go over kaplan's first? I have read the review notes for kaplan physics, but the subject tests are extremely difficult!! I have done subject test 1-3 and only got about 45% correct..which should be around a 270-280 :(. I don't understand why, I am scoring much better on the other subjects and I did really well in undergrad physics.

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to use the destroyer physics problems instead of Kaplan's subject tests. Is this a good idea? Or should I go over kaplan's first? I have read the review notes for kaplan physics, but the subject tests are extremely difficult!! I have done subject test 1-3 and only got about 45% correct..which should be around a 270-280 :(. I don't understand why, I am scoring much better on the other subjects and I did really well in undergrad physics.

Hi Richard,

I think OAT Destroyer is too new of a study tool for any of us to know how effective it is. Many people told me that if you score 270-280 on Kaplan's then expect to score about 30-40 points higher on the real test. I hope what they are saying is true!

Does anyone know what other study aids are available for the physics?

The destroyer is definitely one of the newest study tools out there, but from what most people say, it is also one of the best study tools available (just check the DAT forums).

As for physics, if you thought Kaplan was difficult, the physics section of destroyer will destroy all confidence in ever becoming an optometrist! I just got done going over it and I could honestly do about 20% of the problems. The other science sections I was getting about 50% correct, but physics was insanely hard.

Good luck!