oat + calculator

eyer21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
did any one take the oat with the calculator yet? let me know how it went and how i should go about studying using the new system thanks

Members don't see this ad.

the OAT allows calculators? I took it last Aug, but was only allowed a marker/board.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand... they're allowing calculators starting on 5/4/10.. did they recalibrate the OAT again?

I know it's allowed on QR. I'm not sure if it's allowed on the Physics section, but there is NO calculator allowed on the sciences (chem).

Calculators will be available on the screen during the QR section only. It's just the basic windows calculator, we aren't allowed to bring in our own. This policy has been instated since 5/4/2010.

Calculators will be available on the screen during the QR section only. It's just the basic windows calculator, we aren't allowed to bring in our own. This policy has been instated since 5/4/2010.

I noticed that the handbook shows a screenshot of the calculator on its default mode. That calculator also has scientific calculator capabilities including switching between degrees/radians and all trig functions. It's not exactly spelled out clearly if use of the available calculator's full capacities is allowed.

anybody know?

I'm taking a Kaplan course now and basically they said the QR section would be the same. And, if anything, the calculator will slow you down. Your best bet would be to just study without a calculator. Good luuuck

I just took the OAT today with the calculator and it's NOT a scientific calculator, just a regular calculator that you would find with your computer. I didn't use it at all. You don't need it unless you want to punch in numbers to add, subtract, multiply or divide (which would be faster to solve without the calculator).

I just took the OAT today with the calculator and it's NOT a scientific calculator, just a regular calculator that you would find with your computer. I didn't use it at all. You don't need it unless you want to punch in numbers to add, subtract, multiply or divide (which would be faster to solve without the calculator).

How does the calculator pull up? is it pulled from a link in their window or do you go "start-->programs-->accesories-->calculator" or a shortcut there of?

also, the "regular calculator you find on yoru computer" always comes up default to regular mode. did you try going "View-->Scientific"? that's how you change to scientific.