O.D/Ph.D....?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optometry 101_102

Reaction score
Hello,

I know medical schools have M.D/Ph.D options where you study for longer times and be opted out of paying for tuition. I was wondering if there is a similar program in optometry schools where you study for longer times (combined with research) and be opted out for paying the tuition...? I think not, but I wanted to confirm. Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I know medical schools have M.D/Ph.D options where you study for longer times and be opted out of paying for tuition. I was wondering if there is a similar program in optometry schools where you study for longer times (combined with research) and be opted out for paying the tuition...? I think not, but I wanted to confirm. Any info regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Here is a resource: Graduate Programs – ASCO to ask, especially regarding tuition coverage during your research time.

I know some schools have a joint OD/MS program, not too sure about the details though

UHCO has a joint program, but you will stay for 6-7 years instead of 4. As a current student, I’m still debating if this is the route I want to go down. They also have a OD/MS route. In order to get the MS, your electives would become MS level courses. In order to get the Ph.D., you will do the majority of your course work after graduating. Very few students (less than 10) go down the Ph.D./OD program because it’s hard to balance the coursework.

Reactions: 1 user