NYU Vs. Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgh7860993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For applicants who have been accepted to both NYU and Touro, I am wondering which school people chose between the two and what factors were part of your decision? Especially applicants out of state, from different regions of the country, how did you select between these two schools? I know there are various different factors to consider, Touro having a cheaper cost of attendance and cost of living, as well as a smaller class size and outside of a big city vs. NYU which is well-established, has a large patient pool, but more expensive and has a larger class size.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the general consensus is go with the cheaper dental school. If I were you, I would avoid NYU entirely if possible. If you are absolutely dead set on dentistry and care more about being a dentist than being financially well off in your younger years (read late 20s to mid 30s) then go with NYU. NYU's debt load, as I'm sure you're aware, is no joke if you're among the diseased and filthy proletariat (myself included).