Please help me decide NYU vs Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentai

Reaction score
I will be running a comparison between the 2 schools I got acceptances from (NYU vs Touro) and intend to use this criteria:
1. Cost of attendance
2. Number of students per professor
3. How early can students start assisting with patient treatment
4. Boards stats
5. Ease of access to specialization courses/ labs

I appreciate how hard and expensive it is to get into a specialization program and will prefer a school that allows an easier access to take specialization courses as part of a general dentistry program.

I would greatly appreciate if you could suggest any other important criteria I should include?
Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be running a comparison between the 2 schools I got acceptances from (NYU vs Touro) and intend to use this criteria:
1. Cost of attendance
2. Number of students per professor
3. How early can students start assisting with patient treatment
4. Boards stats
5. Ease of access to specialization courses/ labs

I appreciate how hard and expensive it is to get into a specialization program and will prefer a school that allows an easier access to take specialization courses as part of a general dentistry program.

I would greatly appreciate if you could suggest any other important criteria I should include?
Thank you very much!
what was the third school?

This is an easy one: Touro. I would not even consider NYU even if it was my only choice. NYU has so much problems. There is so much chaos at NYU.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is located in a Very rough area and didn’t feel that I would be safe there

ok, point taken
temple would've been cheaper and probably check off more of your boxes
but out of the remaining two, you should pick touro

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone either commutes by car from the suburbs or by train from nicer parts of the city. Just don’t do lab work after dark. If it’s still significantly cheaper than Touro I’d recommend it. It’s more established than Touro, great clinical experience, plenty of opportunities to specialize, and at least used to be half the cost of NYU. And Philly is more affordable than NYC.

Otherwise Touro over NYU.

Reactions: 1 users