NYU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
Do we have to apply for FAFSA before we get accepted to NYU?
My interview is on Feb 21 at NYU
The NYU website says the priority date for FASFA is March 1.

Pls advise me on this

Thank you very much
Good luck!

Adiwana

Members don't see this ad.

yes ,you should.

Hi,
This is to all of those who are recently interviewed...how many ppl were interviewed with you in ur batch as i heard the numbers aren going down so just want to confirm......Thx:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys!No more interview calls?C'mon give us hopefuls some hope

Hi,
Do we have to apply for FAFSA before we get accepted to NYU?
My interview is on Feb 21 at NYU
The NYU website says the priority date for FASFA is March 1.

Pls advise me on this

Thank you very much
Good luck!

Adiwana

hi! could u please tell me wat is FAFSA.thanks in advance

hey me too need this info about FAFSA .. can everybody apply to this .. Foreign trained dentist??

fafsa free application for federal student aid,just for citizens,permanent residents and asylum status
u can also check their webpage

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Hey, Malboro27:
don't you have to be accepted or enrolled first in order to submit an application to FAFSA??

Hi All,
Sorry to u all for my late reply!Mine interview was on 14 feb and went very well ,i was interviewed by Dr Plawner, she is the swwetest person i ever met! she made me so comfortable as i was not well.. asked me gen.questions about my family, my school and fav.subject ...
interview was very cool so dont worrey u need not have to prepare anything.just be cool!and one advise to student who are going from west coast plz take care of health due to sudden climate change we tend to get sick as i got fever and i was very sickk that day dont know what i spoke on that day but anyways i am happy that its over now!
:thumbup:

Hi
I have taken my NBDE-1-85
(new pattern)
Toefl-95
GPA-2.1
Please canyou advice me what I can do to improve my GPA?
Thanks
Nits

Hi, I am new in the forum .I was interviewed on January 31. They told me that day that it would take 2 weeks for them to send the letters of acceptance. A friend was interviewed on feb 19 and Dr Mejia told them that they wanted to interview all the scheduled candidates before sending the letters. So far I read here that someone has an interview on Feb 26, so maybe they will be start sending letters at the begining of march.
Please if someone calls NYU write in here what they told you so we all know what's going on.
Anyone for february 28 ?

march? so do we have to wait that long ? thats crazy hehehehe ,i cannt believe it .

Hi, I am new in the forum .I was interviewed on January 31. They told me that day that it would take 2 weeks for them to send the letters of acceptance. A friend was interviewed on feb 19 and Dr Mejia told them that they wanted to interview all the scheduled candidates before sending the letters. So far I read here that someone has an interview on Feb 26, so maybe they will be start sending letters at the begining of march.
Please if someone calls NYU write in here what they told you so we all know what's going on.
Anyone for february 28 ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the NYU today.The lady there told me that they will start sending acceptance letters either this week or from next week.

HI I was interviewed on 19 Feb. Dr Mejia told us that they havn't sent any acceptance yet because they wanted to wait till the deadline gets over to collect and see whole pool of applicants this year. She said now they have an overview of the whole situation and they can decide average score for acceptance.

So they will send acceptance by postal mail next week. We dont have to wait any longer.

Also she said that there will be two separate merit lists for old and new pattern of score becoz NYU has seen and is considering the difference in national average for two patterns.

Regarding the interview there were around 12 students. Almost evrybody had scores of 87, 88 and 89. I think my interview went for half-an-hour. I think I should not call it an interview, it is just like somebody talking to me for half hour. My interviewer started telling about the program they have etc. etc. So stay coooll !

Hi Indian Dentist,

So do you think they are going to be interviewing people next week and then sending the letters ? bc if so, the letters will be sent not before friday since the last interview is going to be on thursday feb 28.

Hi Indian Dentist,

So do you think they are going to be interviewing people next week and then sending the letters ? bc if so, the letters will be sent not before friday since the last interview is going to be on thursday feb 28.

Hi rlpb,
They didnt say what day of next week. But I just feel that they will decide for interviewees interviewed till this week.

She said that they have around 700 applications received. And she is planning to interview a minimum of 200 students ! Seats are either 120 or 125 ...not sure

hey....are u positively sure tht 28th Feb is the last date for the interviews????

hey....are u positively sure tht 28th Feb is the last date for the interviews????

for sure NO . yesterday I just received an interview call and they mention the 8March as the last day to call to schedule the interview.

hi frends, i recently joined the network. i need ur help.my stats are nbde part 1 84 new pattern, toefl 250, ece 3.4. i have applied to nyu. no response yet. do i stant any chance

Just wanted to let u all know that the interview will be going on till end of march.

Hey D,Indian , so let's apply maths:
Interviews started on January 22. Then they interviewed the following days:
jAN 24,29,31 ,Feb 5,7,11,12,14,15,19,21 ,someone on the forum has an interview on feb 26 ,so let's suppose thursday feb 28 too.
If they told that they will be sending acceptances letters in 2 weeks,then there will be a total of 14 days of interviews which makes 168 interviews. I read that at least 4 people who went to the interview were accepted in other dental schools, so the number will be 164 for 125 seats.
Of course this theory is if they stop interviewing on february. If they continue interviewing on march things will be different.
So there are lot of chances anyway, !!!!! good luck to everybody

jAN 24,29,31 ,Feb 5,7,11,12,14,15,19,21 ,someone on the forum has an interview on feb 26 ,so let's suppose thursday feb 28 too.
If they told that they will be sending acceptances letters in 2 weeks,then there will be a total of 14 days of interviews which makes 168 interviews. I read that at least 4 people who went to the interview were accepted in other dental schools, so the number will be 164 for 125 seats.
Of course this theory is if they stop interviewing on february. If they continue interviewing on march things will be different.
don't worry they are going to interview 250-300 candidates buddy. there is going to be a long waiting list. so stay cool and wait

dear members and non members this is my request to all those who have applied to NYU and have got interview or waiting for an interview or those who will get Acceptance in NYU.... Please do inform the admissions offiice soon, that you have got in some where else , if you are not interested In nyu or getiing into other school... this will help me or others waiting.. to get into NYU so that the open chance does not go waste till the very end ... please inform them soon if you are into some other school....

I have heard from my friend that they wont interview many people max 200 or less...

interviews started jan 15th following by jan 17th
they are going to interview around 200 applicants

dear members and non members this is my request to all those who have applied to NYU and have got interview or waiting for an interview or those who will get Acceptance in NYU.... Please do inform the admissions offiice soon, that you have got in some where else , if you are not interested In nyu or getiing into other school... this will help me or others waiting.. to get into NYU so that the open chance does not go waste till the very end ... please inform them soon if you are into some other school....

Please Folks do inform them If you have got in some other school, atleast we guys can expect an interview call soon ...

From the web page on NYUCD

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/academicprograms/dds/characteristics.html

it says that these years they interviewed a total of 115+582=697 students

and offered positions to 72+394=466 students

but only232 total enrolled.

I'm a bit confused as to why some are saying that they are interviewing only 250-300 and why would there only be ~120 seats if here there were 232 enrolled...?

Am I just misinterpreting the chart or did things change this year?

Thanks.

the chart is for regular students(students that are entering in the first year) not for advanced standing students(foreign dentists),spots for advanced standing students are 125 .

From the web page on NYUCD

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/academicprograms/dds/characteristics.html

it says that these years they interviewed a total of 115+582=697 students

and offered positions to 72+394=466 students

but only232 total enrolled.

I'm a bit confused as to why some are saying that they are interviewing only 250-300 and why would there only be ~120 seats if here there were 232 enrolled...?

Am I just misinterpreting the chart or did things change this year?

Thanks.

hi frends, i recently joined the network. i need ur help.my stats are nbde part 1 84 new pattern, toefl 250, ece 3.4. i have applied to nyu. no response yet. do i stant any chance

Firstly luck to all who have schedued their interview and moresoover to those waiting for their calls ( like me ) :scared:
I wish it happens soon! :oops:

Hi rink , around which month did ya apply !

don't worry they are going to interview 250-300 candidates buddy. there is going to be a long waiting list. so stay cool and wait

Hi santy did u get the interview call??? :confused:

for sure NO . yesterday I just received an interview call and they mention the 8March as the last day to call to schedule the interview.

Hi just wnated to clarify few stuffs here // i think 8th march is the last day for drabc to schedule the interview and not not in general ,,, is this corect ???????????????

hi
please sbdy tell me that how many ppl have been interviewed till date by nyu for AP 2011?

hi docphoenix , i applied in nov. but my application got completed recently in feb, as i took new pattern nbde in jan.

HI I was interviewed on 19 Feb. Dr Mejia told us that they havn't sent any acceptance yet because they wanted to wait till the deadline gets over to collect and see whole pool of applicants this year. She said now they have an overview of the whole situation and they can decide average score for acceptance.

So they will send acceptance by postal mail next week. We dont have to wait any longer.

Also she said that there will be two separate merit lists for old and new pattern of score becoz NYU has seen and is considering the difference in national average for two patterns.

Regarding the interview there were around 12 students. Almost evrybody had scores of 87, 88 and 89. I think my interview went for half-an-hour. I think I should not call it an interview, it is just like somebody talking to me for half hour. My interviewer started telling about the program they have etc. etc. So stay coooll !
Hey Indian dentist!Regarding your interview,was everybody's score 87,88 in the new pattern?and did they say if they applied elsewhere?Coz chances are they might not want NYU.

Hi just wnated to clarify few stuffs here // i think 8th march is the last day for drabc to schedule the interview and not not in general ,,, is this corect ???????????????

I believe that it is the last day for schedule the interview for everybody . The same e-mail says that the interviews started on 22 January ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I received this e-mail only two days ago.

I got an interview for March 11th. The letter says that you can SCHEDULE an interview until 03/08/08.
Good luck!!

I got an interview for March 11th. The letter says that you can SCHEDULE an interview until 03/08/08.
Good luck!!

hey congrats
please can u post ur stats ...it will be great help for people like us expecting
a call from NYU

hi santy and rink77 , thank you for ur prompt reply !

@ rink77: i really wun be able to tell you abt ur chances because i have no idea abt it. but i read here that they are considering differences in score ... so lets be hopeful !

thank you for the clarification drabc and luck for ur interview !

Good luck!!

I second deepa k's request . Could u please post ur status !
I am guessing heer that there are quite a lot of us in the pipeline waiting for the call and wondering when thats gonna happen ! :luck:
:boom:

i've scheduled my interview for feb 26th, tuesday.. anyone else on the same day?

Finally got an interview from NYU on 4th march ..is anybody has the same date?

Hey Indian dentist!Regarding your interview,was everybody's score 87,88 in the new pattern?and did they say if they applied elsewhere?Coz chances are they might not want NYU.

Ya there were people who were waitlisted for CA schools. One girl had UMDNJ call for March. But some people who applied in Dec had only NYU in hand.

Even I am waitlisted for USC and BU. So there are always chances of some seats getting dropped !!!!

Hi guys:
Sorry for my delayed replay. My stats are:
NDBE: 85 (new pattern)/ 84
Toefl :94
ECE: 3.86
I applied almost near to the deadline (i guess, January 20th) and I was struggling to get all my scores on time. Thanks God I got an interview!!. I think I was mislead and I waited until having my NDBE II score in order to apply to any university. Oh well...
I hope it helps!

Hi guys!
Do not panic and dont get taken away for a ride by any comment in the forum.
Nyu interview will MOST probab go till late march.... gradually they will start reducing the number of candidates called for interview... hardly 5-6 per batch...but it will go on till march 3-4 week most probably...
AND once again there are people in the class of 2010 who were interviewed in march and MADE IT TO NYU!!!!!:) ( I CAN VOUCH FOR THAT!)
sO ONCE AGAIN... relax and all the best!
as for admission letter they will strt sending out pretty soon now... for sure!
( its true... 200 candidates interviewd for 125 seats!)
all the best to all fellow SDN:):thumbup:

Ya there were people who were waitlisted for CA schools. One girl had UMDNJ call for March. But some people who applied in Dec had only NYU in hand.

Even I am waitlisted for USC and BU. So there are always chances of some seats getting dropped !!!!
I didnt know that any of the oter univs are still sending out acceptances.I thought BU and the rest of them were done.Thanks,anyways!

Hi guys:
Sorry for my delayed replay. My stats are:
NDBE: 85 (new pattern)/ 84
Toefl :94
ECE: 3.86
I applied almost near to the deadline (i guess, february 20th) and I was struggling to get all my scores on time. Thanks God I got an interview!!. I think I was mislead and I waited until having my NDBE II score in order to apply to any university. Oh well...
I hope it helps!

Eres peruano ? te cuento que tienes grande chances ya que NYU necesita de gente que hable espanol por la cantidad de pacientes latinos que hay .Asi que a esperar con fe !!! creo que no somos muchos los que hablamos espanol, suerte !!!!

hi to all,

I schedule my interview for 11 march,though they gave me early dates but as i'm not in US right now so i preffered a late one.anybody who schedule for 11 march?

Best of luck for those who are waiting for call and acceptence too,
mano

Hi all,
I had my interview last week( Feb 21)
Interview was very easy, basically talking to each other.
After the interview and college tour, I realized that to be a part of NYUCD would be a dream come true. I hope that I am fortunate to be a part of it.

Good luck!
Cheers!
Adiwana

(My stats are in the previous post, in the same thread)